14 Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day
04-04-2014 06:57 AM
rat28 Offline

http://naturalon.com/10-of-the-most-cancer-causing-foods/1/

It’s probably not something you think about every day, whether or not the foods you are eating could contain carcinogens, but with almost 1.5 million people diagnosed with some type of cancer just last year, perhaps it’s time to look at what is in our foods that could be causing such a huge number of new cancer patients. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that you most likely consume every day that may contain carcinogens or be suspected of causing cancer.
1. Microwave Popcorn

Those little bags of popcorn are so convenient to just stick in the microwave, you wouldn’t think for a minute that they could be dangerous to your health, but they are. The lining of the bags have chemicals that research has found leads to liver and pancreatic cancer, infertility, tumors, and are defined by the EPA as known carcinogens.

Also, applied to the popcorn itself, is a chemical called diacetyl. This is known to cause cancer and possibly damage to the lungs.

2. Non-organic fruits

Fruits that are non-organic are contaminated with pesticides and unsafe fertilizers. Apples are probably the worst offenders with pesticides showing on more than 98 per cent of all apples tested. Fruits with a 90 per cent positive rate of pesticide residue included oranges, strawberries, and grapes.

Washing fruit does not remove 100 per cent of the residue. Pesticides are toxic chemicals to insects as well as human beings.

3. Canned Foods

Actually, most canned foods are a concern because of what the can is lined with. The lining of almost all canned foods are made with a chemical called bisphenol-A, or BPA. The studies on this compound suggest it can lead to infertility, heart disease, and many other illnesses.

Tomatoes are exceptionally dangerous due to their high acidity, which seems to cause BPA to leech from the lining of the can into the tomatoes themselves. The level of BPA can be so high in fact; you should seriously consider not feeding them to children.

4. Processed Meats

This is a long list that includes, but is not limited to, sausages, hot dogs, bacon, most lunch meats like baloney or pimento loaf. All processed meats contain numerous chemicals and preservatives, including sodium nitrates, which make them, look appealing and fresh but are well known carcinogens.

5. Farmed Salmon

Although fish sounds like one of the healthiest foods possible, farmed salmon is one you should avoid. The fish are fed unnatural diets and are contaminated with chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides, and other known carcinogens.

6. Potato Chips

Besides being full of Trans fats and excessive sodium, potato chips have artificial flavors, numerous preservatives, and colors. Potato chips are fried in high temperatures to make them crispy but this also causes them to make a material called acrylamide, a known carcinogen that is also found in cigarettes.

7. Hydrogenated oils

Let’s start from the point that all hydrogenated oils are vegetable oils. Vegetable oils cannot be extracted naturally like butter is, vegetable oils must be chemically removed from their source, then they are changed to be more acceptable to consumers. They are frequently deodorized and colored to look appealing.

All vegetable oils contain high levels of Omega–6 fatty acids. An excess of Omega- 6 fatty acids cause health problems, such as heart disease and in increase in various cancers, especially skin cancer. You need a good balance of both Omega 3 and Omega 6. Try to get plenty of Omega 3 every day. You can do this in the form of supplements and grass fed meats, also fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel are a very good source of Omega 3.

Hydrogenated oils are used to preserve processed foods and keep them looking appealing for a long as possible. Hydrogenated oils influence our cell membranes’ structure and flexibility, which is linked to cancer.

8. Soda Pop

Loaded with sugar, artificial colorings and food chemicals like derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI), no wonder soda pop has been shown to cause cancer.

Soda pop succeeds in acidifying our bodies thus feeding cancer cells.

9. Highly processed white flours

Refined white flour is in many processed foods. It has a very high glycemic rate which quickly raises the blood sugar level and can be a direct cause of diabetes, not to mention it is believed that it spreads cancer cells by feeding the cells directly.

White flour also has a huge amount of carbohydrates which has been linked to breast cancer in women.

10. GMO’s

Genetically modified organisms, more commonly called GMO’s, are foods that have been modified by chemicals and grown with chemicals. These chemicals are known to cause birth defects and rapid tumor growth in research animals. Unfortunately, almost all grains, including soybeans, wheat, and corn, have been grown via GMO’s.

GMO’s do not have to be listed on food labels, so look for labels that state the food is GMO free.

11. Refined Sugars

Refined sugars are not only known to spike insulin levels, but also to be the most preferable food for cancer cells, thus promoting their growth.

In order to proliferate, cancer cells seem to prefer feeding on fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS); the reason is that HFCS is being metabolized by cancer cells most quickly and easily. Now it is clear why high-fructose corn syrup is considered the worst offender.

And since cakes, pies, cookies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, and many other extremely popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with refined sugars and HFCS in particular, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days.

12. Artificial Sweeteners

Most people use artificial sweeteners to either lose weight or because they are diabetic and must avoid sugar. The main problem in all this is that there are numerous studies that show people who consume artificial sweeteners on a regular basis, such as in sodas, or coffee sweeteners, actually gain weight.

Not to mention that artificial sweeteners inhibit your body’s ability to monitor its daily calorie consumption and make the body crave even more sweets. Well, we’ve already discussed how refined sugars can cause cancer.

There is mounting evidence that the chemicals that make up these sweeteners, especially aspartame, are deadly toxic to the body and can cause cancer.

13. Diet Anything

Diet foods, including frozen foods, or prepackaged foods labeled as “diet” or “low fat”, including diet sodas, generally contain aspartame, which is a chemical, artificial sweetener. There are numerous studies showing that aspartame causes many diseases and sicknesses such as cancers, birth defects, and heart problems.

14. Foods that is highly salted, pickled, or smoked

These food items are known to cause higher rates of stomach cancer.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014 07:34 AM
winbig Online

What is safe to eat?
04-04-2014 08:28 AM
menghuii Offline

i have two friends, husband and wife, both eating quite healthily
died of cancer one after another. you are just plain lucky if you dont get
cancer. ask lhl if he has money to eat good fresh food everyday and
why did he contract cancer?

i m enjoying my life. eat just about anything moderately.

if i should kenna then i just say, " my friends i m coming!"
04-04-2014 09:45 AM
whyme? Online

Cancers --> we can try (it does not mean it will work) to reduce the risk but it is very hard to prevent it.

Till now, nobody know how to prevent it.

I agreed with menghuii, eat just about anything moderately.
04-04-2014 10:00 AM
kopihothot Offline

our gene & stress level may be the main factors.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/32544241

Quote:Warren Buffett makes no secret of his love for hamburgers and Cherry Cokes, steaks and hash browns, topped off with a root beer float.

Most vegetables? No, thanks.

In The Snowballhe tells biographer Alice Schroeder, "Broccoli, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts look to me like Chinese food crawling around on a plate. Cauliflower almost makes me sick. I eat carrots reluctantly. I don't like sweet potatoes. I don't even want to be close to a rhubarb, it makes me retch."

But Buffett says his "bad" eating habits aren't as absolutely awful as everyone thinks.

The Omaha World-Herald relates Buffett's response to a New Jersey nutritional dentist who had written a letter encouraging him to eat more healthy food and take nutritional supplements:

"My diet, though far from standard, is somewhat better than usually portrayed. I have a wonderful doctor who nudges me in your direction every time I see him. All in all, I’ve enjoyed remarkably good health — largely because of genes, of course — but also, I think, because I enjoy life so much every day."

He's also been exercising more in recent years.

Back in 2007, Buffett told CNBC that his doctor had given him a choice two years before: "Either you eat better or you exercise." Buffett said he chose exercise, the "lesser of two evils."

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.
04-04-2014 10:01 AM
HSI Offline
Elite Member

people anyhow eat, no exercise, sleep less, smoke and drink a lot, nothing happened

but some people eat ok , exercise, sleep ok , no smoke and drink, but something happened
04-04-2014 10:08 AM
SuperiorMover Offline

I agree that we should avoid carcinogens but it was found that even those that some carcinogens and consuming only plant protein (with no animal protein) they don't get cancer. This is found in The China Study by Dr T Colin Campbell. They experiment with rats feeding them (A) carcinogen + plant-based protein and another group (B), carcinogen + animal protein. The A group don't get cancer and the B group got cancer without fail.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/

So the key is take plant diet and do away with animal protein. Carcinogens are not so frightening.

If you like my comments/contributions, give me a reputation point.
04-04-2014 10:10 AM
debono Offline
Elite Member

04-04-2014 10:01 AMHSI Wrote:people anyhow eat, no exercise, sleep less, smoke and drink a lot, nothing happened

but some people eat ok , exercise, sleep ok , no smoke and drink, but something happened

These are the exception rather than the rule, because by and large people die when they anyhow eat, no exercise, deprived REM sleep, tobacco abuse, alcohol abuses ....... Some who are blessed with good genes, passed on by their parents, and managed to live longer lives are isolated cases, they are few and far between....not the norm.....
04-04-2014 10:15 AM
pannateo Online

Most importantly MUST POPO every day, drink 2 grass of water in the morning, n eat wisely, should be OK. I dun eat LAP CHONG n Luncheon meat that wat i say eat wisely.
04-04-2014 10:21 AM
debono Offline
Elite Member

04-04-2014 10:15 AMpannateo Wrote:Most importantly MUST POPO every day, drink 2 grass of water in the morning, n eat wisely, should be OK. I dun eat LAP CHONG n Luncheon meat that wat i say eat wisely.

I think everyday POPO is an over-kill.......

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)