Latest Trades
TengkorOPENSHORT$21.770UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LTD
TengkorOPENSHORT$18.740DBS GROUP HOLDINGS LTD
TengkorOPENSHORT$41.570JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE L
5 things I learnt working in F&B for a day
10-1-2017 12:23 PM
Shane311090 Offline
Sheep

For the past three days, a dollop of ‘Kindness On The Go’ has been on the lunch menu for the office crowds at Raffles Place and Buona Vista.

With every gourmet burger or coffee purchased at the Singapore Kindness Movement’s latest pop-up food truck, a portion of proceeds would go towards giving migrant workers here a taste of home over the coming Lunar New Year, when they would be apart from their families.

Spinning off from the first Kindness Cafe held in 2014, the premise this year was similar, as we looked to celebrate good service as a two-way street. Patrons who were extra friendly and polite to the servers could enjoy small discounts on their meals, in addition to paying it forward towards a warm and comforting meal for the foreign workers over the festive period.

As we took turns to man the counter and interact with both gungho customers and curious onlookers, I found myself seeing frontline service staff in a whole new light.

Think it’s easy to just smile and serve up a warm meal? Think again! Here are five things I learnt in a day of F&B work.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)