Billions lost on bullion
07-01-2014 11:54 PM
sggold Offline

if you need to purchase physical gold... might as well pay some premium and go for numis coins... see how hot malaysia coins are....

http://world.kankanews.com/w/2013-09-16/0013517120.shtml

eBay PowerSeller
SingaporeGoldSilver Forum
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014 11:45 AM
RUNifyouhaveto Offline

07-01-2014 11:54 PMsggold Wrote:if you need to purchase physical gold... might as well pay some premium and go for numis coins... see how hot malaysia coins are....

numi coins are hard to cash out when you need urgent cash. Singapore and US pawnshops tell me, they will only value the coin based on precious metal contents. Of course, such valuations are very unfair. But when you keep urgent cash, you have no choice.

I have been through that kind of days and you will understand the frustrations. You know what, I am even one of the few rare singaporeans to deal with the famous LV Pawn Stars (as seen on TV), and they also tell me when it comes to precious metals, quick liquidation = based on wt.

Summary:

- If you turn to middlemen, the buy-sell spread is basically shit = buying and selling within 1 years will probably translate to a loss.
- If you turn to pawnshops, they value based on precious metals weight.
- To sell for premium because a coin is limited or proof, you will need a longer time to find the appreciative buyer.
Therefore, it is better to buy numi coins and keep for your descendents and don't look back.
Big hug: my 1.9 cents Big hug:
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014 11:47 AM
RUNifyouhaveto Offline

Now, here's my question:

I always feel that the best time to buy gold in beginning of the year is after the chinese festive seasons because the prices was temporary supported by physical gold buying in Asian market due to the new year holidays.

I don't have data to back me up but do you have the same gut-feeling?
09-01-2014 11:56 AM
Yin yang Offline
Elite Member

Gold investment is not for faint hearted...many I knew have bankrupted from gold trading....guess it's all manipulated by central banks of big powers.
09-01-2014 12:18 PM
cwc29 Offline

Me took profit 2 years ago with good profit......
bot 1050 took profit 1860
agreed Gold = TIMING Game
currently not a best timing to play gold......
Big Grinthumbs up
09-01-2014 12:47 PM
citysleeker Online

once you hear/read US inflation starts picking up.... then gold will start to have its day again...
now that US economy is picking up, lets see how soon we will hear about inflation fears.
09-01-2014 12:57 PM
cwc29 Offline

09-01-2014 12:47 PMcitysleeker Wrote:once you hear/read US inflation starts picking up.... then gold will start to have its day again...
now that US economy is picking up, lets see how soon we will hear about inflation fears.

Yes agree......but if you look for UP one straight line like two years ago
i not think so.....play gold must see Vol/buyer ....without buyer never play coz not easy to took profit........

Big GrinBig hug:
09-01-2014 01:04 PM
STUKA76 Offline
Elite Member

07-01-2014 04:09 PMcitysleeker Wrote:Gold forms part of their reserves. They don't actively trade the metal. However, in accounting they have to mark to market all their assets. So when prices change, it will affect their P&L....

U must think of usa, the world biggest holder of gold, n they didnt sell gold when gold was still very high in 2012 n they are in desperate need of money

Is Fort knox a big hoax?
09-01-2014 01:07 PM
debono Online
Elite Member

09-01-2014 01:04 PMSTUKA76 Wrote:U must think of usa, the world biggest holder of gold, n they didnt sell gold when gold was still very high in 2012 n they are in desperate need of money

Is Fort knox a big hoax?

In the past US dollars are backed by gold in Fort Knox....but since 1972, the US dollar is no more backed by gold in their vault, but rather they just print the money, and the value of their money is based on the faith of the dollar or currency of that country...
09-01-2014 01:07 PM
citysleeker Online

another upside to gold is CHINA.... they last reported their holdings in 2009, at over 1,000 tonnes.
everyone knows CHINA been buying a lot since then..... when they next release their holdings, i guarantee you market will be SHOCKED!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)