How to Reduce Cholesterol with Black Fungus
15-08-2013 07:16 PM
debono Offline
Elite Member

(15-08-2013 04:34 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What is black fungus?

The technical name for black fungus is Auricularia polytricha or Hirneola polytricha. What a mouthful! It is also known by other equally interesting names: cloud ear; tree ear; wood fungus, ear fungus, mouse ear, and jelly mushroom.

The Chinese call it “yun er” which means “cloud ear.” Let us just call it Black Fungus. Black fungus is usually sold in dried form. There are actually two types of black fungus. The very thick one and the smaller flakey variety. Here we are referring to the thick black fungus. It measures around 5 to 8 cm (2 to 3 inches) and is black on one side and grey on the other.

Black fungus is very popular in Chinese cuisine. Although tasteless by itself, when cooked with other ingredients, it absorbed the flavor while maintaining its crunchiness. Black fungus is used in Chinese herbal medication to increase blood fluidity and improve blood circulation.

Black fungus can reduce high blood cholesterol

So for this reason, black fungus price is on the rise........?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2013 05:34 PM
jamesc Offline

Works for some but not for me.

Took the black fungus tonic for 35 days, followed the recipe, slow cooked for 8 to 12 hours every night, did not change my diet, cholesterol still above 300. Cholesterol before the exercise was also above 300. Now back to Crestor.
16-08-2013 06:10 PM
9Y17 Offline

(15-08-2013 05:20 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  That played a role as well but how could a big cat be so stressful? hard to catch fish or what?Laughing:

Contrary to what most people think,high blood cholesterol,as well as high blood glucose,diabetes,chronic heart diseases,and even cancers,are due to stress,instead of foods intake.But of course those already have these medical issues have to control their diets,like most people do,eat this not that.

I had high cholesterol despite being a vagan for many years,taking ONLY those foods that are said to reduce cholesterol such as raw oats,and many other vege and fruits loaded with soluble fibre,minimal oil,salt and no sugar.I was a long distance runner covering more than 60km per week.But my cholesterol remained marginally high...Till one day I read a book in the library written by a Japanese physician.He said,"The root cause of ALL modern day illnesses is stress,foods are secondary factor.Foods become toxins only when your system has already been destroyed by stress,leading to homones imbalance..blah,blah,blah..."

I gave up my full time job and stocks,commodities and forex trading.More relaxed exercise routines and ironically,more unhealthy foods(controlled),and my blood cholesterol has been normal for six years,a change after more than two decades.I go easy on exercise and foods now,but always remind myself to deep breathe,relax.....relax...

Don't get agitated on anything,especially online forum.You're digging your own grave doing that(no offence).
16-08-2013 06:34 PM
Kangtangman Online

It is true that black fungus will somewhat help on the cholesterol, but this should not take too much too. Black fungus will dilute your blood after taking for a long period of time. So in time of injury such as if you happen to cut yourself the cuts that you get will take longer than usual to heal.
Go ask the TCM doctor they will tell you this piece of information too.
16-08-2013 07:16 PM
pannateo Online

I read some where that black fungus help to clean up cholesterol. I was tested to have cholesterol in polyclinic. Many doctors advice me to take medication except one female doctor. She said Uncle u have cholesterol but not high, I m not give u medication becos the medicine could damage the liver. Her brother was also a doctor took satin that damaged his liver n he passed away. The lastest blood test 2 mth ago showed i have no cholesterol. A doc asked me M I on vege diet, i said NO, eat as normal. Do u do exercise everday, I said NO. She just look at me.

I eat quite regularly, petai (smelly seed) n avolcando n eat less oily food, i think it helps. DUN take western medicine, there are many natural mother nature food like black fungus n many others, the best is NO SIDE EFFECT. Thanks STI for sharing.
16-08-2013 07:29 PM
pannateo Online

I read an article written by a retired British doctor. As a retired doc he paid a visit to his patients also around his age. He found out most of his patient passed away. He did a reserch n found out most patients had antibiotic in the bone marrow. He concluded that western medicine are men made synthetic medicine. Our human body does not recognised man made medicine. He said we human beings should take herbs as medicine.
16-08-2013 07:38 PM
9Y17 Offline

(16-08-2013 07:29 PM)pannateo Wrote:  I read an article written by a retired British doctor. As a retired doc he paid a visit to his patients also around his age. He found out most of his patient passed away. He did a reserch n found out most patients had antibiotic in the bone marrow. He concluded that western medicine are men made synthetic medicine. Our human body does not recognised man made medicine. He said we human beings should take herbs as medicine.
Not only medicines,our body simply can't recognise any artificial foods like vege oils,hydrogenated(trans)fats,genetically-modified beans,reversed-season fruits and many other processed meats.Go only for natural foods is the rule of thumb.
16-08-2013 08:43 PM
sticw Offline
Mere Mortal

I read somewhere that cholesterol is genetically so for 90% and food only contributes 10%. However, for people who have exceptionally high cholesterol due to poor diet and lifestyle, no harm trying. I eat black fungus at least once a week; hopeful that it lowers cholesterol and generally I just love to eat it. White fungus occasionally for cleansing of lungs and airways.
02-02-2014 11:24 AM
Sgbusiness Offline

Cholestrol is slient killer...

it will block arteries or veins result in a heart attack, stroke or death.

Cholestrol Support Articles

Special Deals For a Healthy You !
02-02-2014 11:29 AM
wendychan Offline
justice will prevail

(15-08-2013 05:19 PM)BigCat Wrote:  I exercise regularly and on a very healthy diet but my cholestrol level still refused to go down. I only reason I can think of is my extremely stressful job.

Do you agree stress also play a part in high chol?

can it be hereditary?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Possibly Related Threads...