Latest Trades
BrilliantCLOSEDLONG-0.76%GLOBAL LOGISTIC PROP LIMITED
latebird2000CLOSEDSHORT16.67%SABANA SHARIAH COMPLIANT REIT
latebird2000CLOSEDSHORT4.35%SINGAPORE PRESS HLDGS LTD
How to detect Money Laundering syndicates and activities in SG
25-12-2016 3:35 AM
PROFILER Offline
Junior Sheep

Not sure which authority is responsible for catching money laundering activities. Seems very quiet, like no money laundering in SG. We know this is not true. Just recently, 2 women were caught, with many mules under them. The mules were not charged.

In normal situation, the mules are just as guilty. This gives the impression that the 2 women did not work alone and the mules are not supplied by them, but by a syndicate. Who is this syndicate that even the authority dare not charge their mules?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2016 7:58 AM
fisherx Offline
Elite

setup spa and close after 6 months lo
25-12-2016 10:24 PM
PROFILER Offline
Junior Sheep

25-12-2016 7:58 AMfisherx wrotesetup spa and close after 6 months lo

How come close? To avoid detection?
25-12-2016 10:30 PM
PROFILER Offline
Junior Sheep

I like to know the money laundering activities in SG is carried out by which syndicate mostly, specifically for SG.

1. Prostitution money
2. Drug money
3. Company ill-gotten profits
4. Scam money
5. Embezzlement money
6. Illegal gaming money
7. Corruption money (govt and private)
8. Proxy for China, Thai, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc

Which ones are rampant in SG?
25-12-2016 10:48 PM
BlueBull Offline
Senior Sheep

I understand that most coffee shops are fronts for money laundering
The towkays are never at the kopi tiams and the money earned are peanuts compared to the rents or tenders
I heard it is very easy to squander money if you are the cashier but the towkays don't seem to care or report such cases
Yet every coffee shop always report healthy profits
Why did the towkays do that?
Your guess is as good as mine
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 10:49 PM by BlueBull.)
26-12-2016 2:04 AM
wendychan Offline
justice will prevail

got no status etc, then will be made example of or convicted

FOOkers to FOOkers all patting each other on the back

http://slang.org/FOOK-meaning-definition
The most popular meaning of FOOK is: F uck
26-12-2016 2:28 AM
PROFILER Offline
Junior Sheep

25-12-2016 10:48 PMBlueBull wroteI understand that most coffee shops are fronts for money laundering
The towkays are never at the kopi tiams and the money earned are peanuts compared to the rents or tenders
I heard it is very easy to squander money if you are the cashier but the towkays don't seem to care or report such cases
Yet every coffee shop always report healthy profits
Why did the towkays do that?
Your guess is as good as mine

I think coffeeshop makes alot of profits. Unlikely to be a front for money laundering. But some pa bang coffeeshop could be a front, but then no need to setup a pa bang coffeeshop to launder money. There are better ways that are difficult to detect, unless the authority monitor the books closely.

The thing that puzzles is that there has been no reporting of money laundering activities and nobody gets caught, which is strange because we all know that SG has a very conducive environment for vast amount of black money to flow through SG to be cleaned.

Either someone is sleeping on the job or else also in the pocket, closing both eyes because in the takings too.

The silence is deafening.

The recent case of the 2 women getting caught is very telling. The mules which these 2 women used are not charged. Whether they are real people or not, nobody knows. If a syndicate has an army of dud identities, money laundering can be easily done. If they're real people, these mules should be charged together with the 2 women.
26-12-2016 2:36 AM
STUKA76 Offline
Hall of Fame

24-12-2016 6:16 PMlandelini wroteMany times I see a small bookshop opens in a ulu corner of a not-so-popular shopping centre. I always wonder how it survive when I can literally count the number of customers paying at the counter. THen my friend will say the famous phrase "洗黑钱 lah".

So easy?

U know wat is call audit trail??
26-12-2016 2:38 AM
STUKA76 Offline
Hall of Fame

25-12-2016 10:30 PMPROFILER wroteI like to know the money laundering activities in SG is carried out by which syndicate mostly, specifically for SG.

1. Prostitution money
2. Drug money
3. Company ill-gotten profits
4. Scam money
5. Embezzlement money
6. Illegal gaming money
7. Corruption money (govt and private)
8. Proxy for China, Thai, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc

Which ones are rampant in SG?

Obviously the money that tries to hide from tax authority back home..

U think Sporeans make sg rich??

26-12-2016 2:46 AM
PROFILER Offline
Junior Sheep

26-12-2016 2:38 AMSTUKA76 wroteObviously the money that tries to hide from tax authority back home..

U think Sporeans make sg rich??

Do you know how they do it? What front vehicle do they use? Who are involved? Are the authorities also involved? SG is not known as the money laundering hub for nothing, but for doing nothing, I was told.

This recent case of the 2 women told me it cannot be so simple. Their mules are not charged. It is so opaque even when heard in court.

If I allow my bank account to be used by a money launderer, I will be categorically charged too. It is an offence, that we know, so why the deafening silence on the mules?
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)