Latest Trades
KokonutCLOSEDLONG-0.59%CHINA AVIATION OIL(S) CORP LTD
KokonutOPENLONG$0.151SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT GRP LTD
KokonutOPENLONG$0.117IMPERIUM CROWN LIMITED
Many in Singapore work till they mati.
19-5-2017 9:49 PM
Bic_cherry Online
Senior Sheep

19-5-2017 5:44 PMlittlegroot wroteThe sky rocketing cost of living in Singapore does not give average joes a choice.
I think high cost of living is partly due to inefficiency in local infrastructure/ resources use.
E.g. Many Singaporeans have chronic disease meaning more days off work, senile unproductive workers creating svcs and products at high costs because no chance to exercise by cycling to work.

Public transport however is slower than bicycle use and as such, people get hypertension from stress of using public transport (which is polluting becos burn diesel) resulting in even more road use to consult physicians for stress, chronic illness consultations.

The gahmen should expand the size of bus lanes and encourage cycling to work... That will improve the empowerment of citizens and improve their innovativness, independence and productivity at work. Many social problems today will be solved by encouraging people to cycle to work.

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-Public-transport-in-Singapore-Ride-bicycle-is-faster

~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV)
Regards
B.C.
(This post was last modified: 19-5-2017 9:50 PM by Bic_cherry.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
19-5-2017 9:52 PM
SotongOngTee Offline
Sheep

19-5-2017 9:36 PMFunk Doobiest wrotey third world country like china got retirement.
sg boh.
their elderly @55 already can already retire every mth still get their paid by gahmen till hand over ic.
y singpore lao lang so cham
still must wash toilet collect bowl

Methinks that only the older generation workers enjoy this benefit as all are employed by state-owned establishments then.

only blur like sotong emperor kid brother, sotong emperor more blurrer
19-5-2017 9:56 PM
Sgbusiness Offline
First Class Elite

Teochew song
Face green green, work until dead Crying

http://www.youtube.com/v/OS7z4PiOxvM

Extra 5% Discount & Earn 5% Credit
Buy Discount Grocery Online here !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
19-5-2017 9:56 PM
Notdumb Offline
Senior Sheep

19-5-2017 9:52 PMSotongOngTee wroteMethinks that only the older generation workers enjoy this benefit as all are employed by state-owned establishments then.

Current gen I heard hv to pay ins which is deducted from their mthly income till 55. Pay more get more.
19-5-2017 10:00 PM
Bic_cherry Online
Senior Sheep

19-5-2017 5:44 PMJac Lau Jac wroteLet's do a survey to find out the truth, whether many will have to work until they die, in the future.
Don't worry about others, like those old people who collect cardboards or clean tables, used by dumb fcuks to generalize and attack PAP.
Worry about your ownself.
Which one of you here think you have to work until you die?
Not me.
I am 55, no need to work because got cpf savings.
Can live off the interest from my cpf savings, without the need to work, from today, at age 55.
Those of you who think you have to work until you die, please don't be ashamed to tell us your age, what you do for a living and why you are so hopeless.
I think people who bought their HDB in LKY era n had good stable jobs will have healthy CPF because @ beginning, LKY sold HDB flats @ just building costs (the land was confiscated from pig farmers and thus considered FOC or based on paltry compensation).
Unfortunately, after Mah Bow Tan era, land costs is included which doubles/ triples @least the cost of HDB flat. Thus, if one isn't professional, may not have as much in CPF as person who bought HDB flat without significant land costs.

~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV)
Regards
B.C.
20-5-2017 12:42 AM
purpledragon Offline
Elite

19-5-2017 4:25 PMhfourhappy wroteHving own pocket money better than stretch out your hand asking for money from children.

so is correct to say exercise till drop.Big smile
20-5-2017 2:03 AM
Bic_cherry Online
Senior Sheep

19-5-2017 9:36 PMFunk Doobiest wrotey third world country like china got retirement.
sg boh.
their elderly @55 already can already retire every mth still get their paid by gahmen till hand over ic.
y singpore lao lang so cham
still must wash toilet collect bowl

They have low savings because PAP gahmen allowed foreigners to work here with minimum interference (only lately did they restrict foreigner work permit etc numbers): so this suppressed low skill wages due to ample maids and other low skill workers. Little was done VZ skills upgrading till recently.

Many middle management Singaporeans also become low skill workers when replaced by foreigners of higher skill because levy for higher skill foreigners is low or zero.

Emphasis on physical fitness also zero or inadequate resulting in high prevalence of chronic disease amongst elderly which is expensive to treat.

If not for silver support ($250/mth or less) and pioneer gen pkg, more old folks would be collecting bowls and cleaning toilets.

China maybe u r refering to a pensions system, however, pls note that in big countries with rural areas, retirement can mean return to village to do subsistence farming, to pass time and as way of life. In Singapore, a city state, if u dunno how to use internet, then sadly, u are holding the very shortest end of the stick. Perhaps Singapore might have done better to provide vocational training to all and then collect worker levies even from professionals (Dr , engineer etc) to provide basic internet and financial literacy, vocational skills training to all citizens, that way, more middle management would be inspired to upgrade to senior management (competition of ALL foreigners for work passes, not just amongst the low skill ones) rather than downgrade to lower skill job levels (plus FOC workfare subsidies) resulting in low wage jobs salary being depressed even further (I.E. Some white collar workers taking blue collar jobs after retrenchment/ replaced by work/professional pass holders etc).

Gahmen should also build bigger flats so that families can enjoy economies of scale in housework etc e.g. grandparents can care for grandkids, cook etc rather than stay alone and feel depressed + lonely).

More opportunities to moneytise HDB flat can be provided so that elder can extract the residual value of their HDB flat which they cannot use after they die.

For all HDB not under current HDB reverse mortgage scheme, gahmen should request banks to provide the reverse mortgage since they are public flats after all and because not all elderly can accept a tenant living with them to earn rent every month.

Regards
B.C.
(This post was last modified: 20-5-2017 2:26 AM by Bic_cherry.)
20-5-2017 7:59 AM
hfourhappy Offline
First Class Elite

19-5-2017 8:27 PMdiver1234 wroteMany people complained about expensive life in sg, yet i see many still lingering in sg , not going anywhere.

why huh ?

19-5-2017 8:28 PMNotdumb wroteToo poor to leave lah.

My thoughts, many are still able to cover the daly expenses, it is just that the saving is dwindling fast....we cant save much nowadays..Crying
20-5-2017 8:00 AM
hfourhappy Offline
First Class Elite

19-5-2017 9:41 PMteo wroteThe problem with people nowadays is jobless u complain.
Work until die got job u also complain.
Don't know what these people want.
Shake leg at home waiting for money to come to u?

This is what I called, have the 'hock (Fu) ' within oneself yet still never treasure it.
20-5-2017 8:03 AM
wallstreetraider Offline
First Class Elite

Our teacher says God is very angry ...
Many things will happen in next 10 years ...

If you read the news lately, you will see many bad news unfolding ...
It has begun already ...

He said do NOT do evil because the wicked will be punished ...
And this time , it is different ...

Be prepared to expect the unexpected ...

And don't spend too much on those junks ...
You can carry them with you ...

19-5-2017 7:34 PMJac Lau Jac wroteLast week went to the dentist to repair my bridge, cost $150.

Today went there again for scaling, cost $45 after CHAS subsidy.

On 31 May got appointment to replace my crown as suggested by the dentist, cost $775.

Dental expenses for unemployed person like me from my own pocket but manageable.

And today my antique dealer short of money, borrow $3K from me.

Early this month gave $5K to my wife for her coming month long holidays in Vietnam.

And this year already spent $63K on bronze vessels and committed to spend $15K more soon.

Expenses high but manageable.

" Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. "

(This post was last modified: 20-5-2017 8:05 AM by wallstreetraider.)
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)