Latest Trades
danieltOPENLONG$0.103EZION HOLDINGS LIMITED
Mad MonkCLOSEDLONG1.47%MFG INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGY LTD
Mad MonkOPENLONG$1.030IFAST CORPORATION LTD.

No wonder, few youngsters are willing to join the hawker trade.
[Image: DjqoHS4.png]

Some time back, this photo caught my attention. It was posted by a celebrity chef on Instagram, relating to a TV show about Hawkers.

Here’s a quiz for you.

There are so many plates piled up high. Doesn’t it seem that they’re on their way to wearing Rolexes and driving Mercedes?

Well, I beg to differ. Let me give a quick explanation…

From the picture, there seem to be around 200 plates.

Selling 200 plates at $3/plate will give $600 in revenue.

Cost of ingredients should be around $1.50 which gives us a tidy profit of $300.

But wait… That’s not all.

Assuming only 4 off days per month, and also assuming a combination of cheap rental and low utilities of $120 per day (I deliberately based my calculations real low for uncertainty. Just to let you know, there are many hawkers that easily surpass this hypothetical figure…)

TA-DAH! We are left with $180 of cold, hard cash.

It’s going to be crazy cooking and serving 200 hungry customers all alone, so two hawkers will probably end up with $90 each.

I’m not finished yet…

More at https://tinyurl.com/yc7yrw53
Laughing
Still better than being engineer....

That's y the midlife lady engineer switch to become hawker....
Maybe by just doing lunch time crowd bussiness.the other half time another hawker takeover sharing?.earning lesser sure but more freedom time.hmmm.if not how?
Even if you can earn $5000 or $10000 a month as a hawker
Most prefer an office job working in comfortable environment
Hawkers work in grimy and dingy Hawker centres
Wear t shirt and slippers and look unglam
Have to go wet market to buy ingredients and wake up in unearthly hours to prepare food
Last but not least from banker to hawker big plunge in social status
So how many want to be hawkers ?
Of course to each his own ...
so smart sia Laughing Laughing Laughing
28-2-2018 9:59 PM
reddishday said:
[Image: DjqoHS4.png]

Some time back, this photo caught my attention. It was posted by a celebrity chef on Instagram, relating to a TV show about Hawkers.

Here’s a quiz for you.

There are so many plates piled up high. Doesn’t it seem that they’re on their way to wearing Rolexes and driving Mercedes?

Well, I beg to differ. Let me give a quick explanation…

From the picture, there seem to be around 200 plates.

Selling 200 plates at $3/plate will give $600 in revenue.

Cost of ingredients should be around $1.50 which gives us a tidy profit of $300.

But wait… That’s not all.

Assuming only 4 off days per month, and also assuming a combination of cheap rental and low utilities of $120 per day (I deliberately based my calculations real low for uncertainty. Just to let you know, there are many hawkers that easily surpass this hypothetical figure…)

TA-DAH! We are left with $180 of cold, hard cash.

It’s going to be crazy cooking and serving 200 hungry customers all alone, so two hawkers will probably end up with $90 each.

I’m not finished yet…

More at https://tinyurl.com/yc7yrw53

Bastards young punks only know how to sit at home talk cocks only lj..TA DAH, my foot
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
Why df so foul mouth? Whole day fark fark fark? No fark will turn into skeketon meh?
28-2-2018 11:27 PM
WhatDoYouThink said:
Why df so foul mouth? Whole day fark fark fark? No fark will turn into skeketon meh?

Who? Ban him lah
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
28-2-2018 10:42 PM
milo178 said:
Still better than being engineer....
That's y the midlife lady engineer switch to become hawker....

LOL! your bitterness after the fail career as an engineer knows no boundary and sense of rationality.

Only $-minded folks has such misguided attitude..
"We've got friendly neighbors? Grow up!" - LKY
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)