Latest Trades
alleggsinonebasketOPENSHORT$11.500OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORP
alleggsinonebasketOPENSHORT$3.250SINGTEL
danieltOPENLONG$0.103EZION HOLDINGS LIMITED

Statue of Chinese god Guan Yu stokes tension in Indonesia
11-8-2017 8:27 PM
Yanghua said:
Sorry, here in Singapore, no way am I going to get on my knees and worship ex SAF Chief Winston Choo should he pass on earlier than me.

And no way am I going to get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand to worship Guan Yu. Period.

Noted
11-8-2017 8:27 PM
Yanghua said:
Sorry, here in Singapore, no way am I going to get on my knees and worship ex SAF Chief Winston Choo should he pass on earlier than me.

And no way am I going to get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand to worship Guan Yu. Period.

可以敬而远之,但不要冒犯神明
Guan Yu is worshipped by both police and underworld in Hong Kong and also has his own altar
He is worshipped not because he is a god but because of his unsurpassed spirit of righteous loyalty in Chinese legendary records
how can they build this in Indonesia?
even in Singapore i don't think emperor Lee will allow unless his own statue or halimah.
11-8-2017 8:25 PM
CHAOS said:
[Image: guan-yu-chinese-god-war-chinese-mythology-60032230.jpg]

[quote='WhatDoYouThink' pid='2384226' dateline='1502454672']

可以敬而远之,但不要冒犯神明

哇兰内! shock
关公面前耍关刀啊! Worried
11-8-2017 8:31 PM
WhatDoYouThink said:
可以敬而远之,但不要冒犯神明
In the first place, I don't even consider Guan Gong to be a god. Laughing

I will never worship anything, any creature, be it a human, a bird, a tiger, an elephant...whatever, which was created by God. Laughing

Some people may call me "dishonourable" and most unfilial, but I don't even worship my own ancestors including my deceased parents. I don't believe in Qing Ming and the Seventh Month and all that.

And if I won't even worship my own ancestors, I see no reason why I should worship somebody else's ancestor like Guan Gong (or Mao Tse Tung for that matter). Laughing
I have read about this Guan Yu, ally of LiuBei from romance of the 3 kingdoms.
11-8-2017 8:52 PM
Yanghua said:
In the first place, I don't even consider Guan Gong to be a god. Laughing

I will never worship anything, any creature, be it a human, a bird, a tiger, an elephant...whatever, which was created by God. Laughing

Some people may call me "dishonourable" and most unfilial, but I don't even worship my own ancestors including my deceased parents. I don't believe in Qing Ming and the Seventh Month and all that.

And if I won't even worship my own ancestors, I see no reason why I should worship somebody else's ancestor like Guan Gong (or Mao Tse Tung for that matter). Laughing

You dun worship your ancestors but there is no need to ridicule them. 举头三尺有神明 一切尽在不言中
11-8-2017 9:00 PM
WhatDoYouThink said:
You dun worship your ancestors but there is no need to ridicule them. 举头三尺有神明 一切尽在不言中
Show me where I ridiculed my ancestors? Surprised

In fact, all I only wrote is that I don't worship ancestors. It's not ridiculing ancestors or somebody else's ancestor, just like someone saying that he is not a Christian is not ridiculing Christianity just because he says he is not a Christian right.

If you want to know what's "ridicule", look at the Christian thread where God was/is being ridiculed, but I chose not to engage...that thread had run to hundred over pages....showing a picture of Jesus with a middle finger, and more.....................

Here's the thread.

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-God-Does-N...pid2293394
You only worship $
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)