Login . Register .
Latest Trades
Alice AliciaCLOSEDSHORT0.82%HAW PAR CORP LTD
Alice AliciaCLOSEDSHORT2.11%BUMITAMA AGRI LTD.
Alice AliciaCLOSEDSHORT2.60%CSE GLOBAL LTD
Statue of Chinese god Guan Yu stokes tension in Indonesia
11-8-2017 9:18 PM
Napoleon BohLumPar Online
First Class Elite

11-8-2017 8:25 PMCHAOS wrote  [Image: guan-yu-chinese-god-war-chinese-mythology-60032230.jpg]

TUBAN, INDONESIA (Reuters) - Indonesia has urged officials to stand up to mob pressure after Muslim and nationalist protesters called for a 30-metre-tall (100-ft-) statue of a Chinese deity erected in a temple complex in an East Java town to be torn down.

The brightly-painted statue of Guan Yu, a former general who is worshipped by some Chinese, was inaugurated in July in a temple complex in the fishing town of Tuban and is claimed to be South-east Asia's tallest such representation of the deity.

The statue in Tuban, about 100 km (60 miles) west of the city of Surabaya, has been partially covered up after the protests, provoking both praise and ridicule on social media in the world's most populous Muslim-majority country....

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/statue-of-chinese-god-guan-yu-stokes-tension-in-indonesia?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1502450384

of course should tear down................a 30m statue of Guan Yu............what a travesty.............

must tear down and build a 100m tall statue instead...........we're talking about Guan Yu leh............not some camel herder..............

God Poked Mary In The Butt = Jesus (Immaculate Deception)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-8-2017 9:22 PM
Yanghua Online
Senior Sheep

11-8-2017 9:00 PMWhatDoYouThink wrote  You dun worship your ancestors but there is no need to ridicule them. 举头三尺有神明 一切尽在不言中
Show me where I ridiculed my ancestors? Surprised

In fact, all I only wrote is that I don't worship ancestors. It's not ridiculing ancestors or somebody else's ancestor, just like someone saying that he is not a Christian is not ridiculing Christianity just because he says he is not a Christian right.

If you want to know what's "ridicule", look at the Christian thread where God was/is being ridiculed, but I chose not to engage...that thread had run to hundred over pages....showing a picture of Jesus with a middle finger, and more.....................

Here's the thread.

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-God-Does-Not-Exist-Stephen-Hawking?pid=2293394#pid2293394
(This post was last modified: 11-8-2017 9:37 PM by Yanghua.)
11-8-2017 9:26 PM
Dai Suk Online
Senior Sheep

You only worship $
11-8-2017 9:28 PM
Burnett Offline
First Class Elite

11-8-2017 8:52 PMYanghua wrote  In the first place, I don't even consider Guan Gong to be a god. Laughing

I will never worship anything, any creature, be it a human, a bird, a tiger, an elephant...whatever, which was created by God. Laughing

Some people may call me "dishonourable" and most unfilial, but I don't even worship my own ancestors including my deceased parents. I don't believe in Qing Ming and the Seventh Month and all that.

And if I won't even worship my own ancestors, I see no reason why I should worship somebody else's ancestor like Guan Gong (or Mao Tse Tung for that matter). Laughing
。禽兽
11-8-2017 9:31 PM
Yanghua Online
Senior Sheep

11-8-2017 9:28 PMBurnett wrote  。禽兽
Just because I don't worship Guan Gong, so I am a beast? Surprised

So, are you calling all the Christians and Muslims 禽兽 as well? Yes or no? Laughing
11-8-2017 9:34 PM
EXBB Online
Hall of Fame

11-8-2017 8:27 PMYanghua wrote  Sorry, here in Singapore, no way am I going to get on my knees and worship ex SAF Chief Winston Choo should he pass on earlier than me.

And no way am I going to get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand to worship Guan Yu. Period.

U all don't even respect parents...how come u all so sh%t brain?? U all really so smart meh??

[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
11-8-2017 9:35 PM
walaneh Online
Hall of Fame

11-8-2017 8:54 PMbw2013 wrote  I have read about this Guan Yu, ally of LiuBei from romance of the 3 kingdoms.

walaneh! shock
What do u know about 关羽,关云长 & 关公 leh? Thinking
11-8-2017 9:38 PM
Burnett Offline
First Class Elite

11-8-2017 9:31 PMYanghua wrote  Just because I don't worship Guan Gong, so I am a beast? Surprised

So, are you calling all the Christians and Muslims 禽兽 as well? Yes or no? Laughing
You are 禽兽. No good you do will ever change that.
(This post was last modified: 11-8-2017 9:38 PM by Burnett.)
11-8-2017 9:42 PM
Yanghua Online
Senior Sheep

11-8-2017 9:34 PMEXBB wrote  U all don't even respect parents...how come u all so sh%t brain?? U all really so smart meh??
Respect and worship are two different things. I respect LKY but that does not mean I will build a statue of him and get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand, and pray to him, worship him, and ask him for blessings.

In China, many Chinese have erected an altar for Mao Tse Tung and are praying to him...but I don't believe that Mao Tse Tung can bless them.

As I wrote before, I was born into a Taoist family. Yup, when I was young (a small boy) I had served joss sticks to Guan Yin, Guan Gong...a whole altar of gods including one under the altar, but I have stopped doing that for a very long time now.
11-8-2017 9:47 PM
Yanghua Online
Senior Sheep

11-8-2017 9:38 PMBurnett wrote  You are 禽兽. No good you do will ever change that.
I am asking you, are you saying that all Christians and Muslims are also 禽兽? Be a man and answer yes or no. Laughing

Hiding behind the keyboard name calling me is not the way to show you got bolls. If you got no bolls, I don't want to waste my time having a war of words with you. You can call me names. I can also call you names, you know. You don't prove you are smart or BRAVE by doing that eh.

So I will tell you once again, no way am I going get on my knees to worship Guan Gong. If you are not happy with that, that's your problem right. So what man. Laughing
(This post was last modified: 11-8-2017 9:48 PM by Yanghua.)
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)