Latest Trades
alleggsinonebasketOPENSHORT$11.500OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORP
alleggsinonebasketOPENSHORT$3.250SINGTEL
danieltOPENLONG$0.103EZION HOLDINGS LIMITED

Statue of Chinese god Guan Yu stokes tension in Indonesia
11-8-2017 8:52 PM
Yanghua said:
In the first place, I don't even consider Guan Gong to be a god. Laughing

I will never worship anything, any creature, be it a human, a bird, a tiger, an elephant...whatever, which was created by God. Laughing

Some people may call me "dishonourable" and most unfilial, but I don't even worship my own ancestors including my deceased parents. I don't believe in Qing Ming and the Seventh Month and all that.

And if I won't even worship my own ancestors, I see no reason why I should worship somebody else's ancestor like Guan Gong (or Mao Tse Tung for that matter). Laughing
。禽兽
11-8-2017 8:27 PM
Yanghua said:
Sorry, here in Singapore, no way am I going to get on my knees and worship ex SAF Chief Winston Choo should he pass on earlier than me.

And no way am I going to get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand to worship Guan Yu. Period.

U all don't even respect parents...how come u all so sh%t brain?? U all really so smart meh??
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
11-8-2017 8:54 PM
bw2013 said:
I have read about this Guan Yu, ally of LiuBei from romance of the 3 kingdoms.

walaneh! shock
What do u know about 关羽,关云长 & 关公 leh? Thinking
11-8-2017 9:34 PM
EXBB said:
U all don't even respect parents...how come u all so sh%t brain?? U all really so smart meh??
Respect and worship are two different things. I respect LKY but that does not mean I will build a statue of him and get on my knees with a joss stick in my hand, and pray to him, worship him, and ask him for blessings.

In China, many Chinese have erected an altar for Mao Tse Tung and are praying to him...but I don't believe that Mao Tse Tung can bless them.

As I wrote before, I was born into a Taoist family. Yup, when I was young (a small boy) I had served joss sticks to Guan Yin, Guan Gong...a whole altar of gods including one under the altar, but I have stopped doing that for a very long time now.
Yanghua said:

I will never worship anything, any creature, be it a human, a bird, a tiger, an elephant...whatever, which was created by God. Laughing

Some people may call me "dishonourable" and most unfilial, but I don't even worship my own ancestors including my deceased parents. I don't believe in Qing Ming and the Seventh Month and all that.

And if I won't even worship my own ancestors, I see no reason why I should worship somebody else's ancestor like Guan Gong (or Mao Tse Tung for that matter). Laughing

猪狗不如
11-8-2017 8:54 PM
bw2013 said:
I have read about this Guan Yu, ally of LiuBei from romance of the 3 kingdoms.

the way you put it sounds very BASIC LaughingRolling on the flor laughing
Yanghua said:

So I assume you don't believe in God..
This wan very nice

[Image: 30-770x425.jpg]
11-8-2017 8:34 PM
paperhead said:
Guan Yu is worshipped by both police and underworld in Hong Kong and also has his own altar
He is worshipped not because he is a god but because of his unsurpassed spirit of righteous loyalty in Chinese legendary records

You do know that his "spirit of righteous loyalty" is some story writer 吹牛吹出来的,right?

Three Kingdom records (三国志) and Romance of the Three Kingdom (三国演义)are two different genres. One is history, one is story telling. The historical record of Guan Yu is quite short and not much about his so called Righteousness.

There is a story that Guan Yu's headless spirit came to a temple (his head kena chopped off by arch enemy Lv Meng 吕蒙)shouting "where is my head" "where is my head?" A monk 智者大师 (founder of a new Chinese Buddhism sect called 天台宗)reprimanded to the headless spirit that it had also chopped off many heads during the war fightings and advised it to stop grumbling. The monk then started teaching Buddhism to the headless spirit. Eventually Guan Yu, the headless spirit was enlightened and became a 伽蓝神,protector of the Buddhism. He became a god since then.

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E4%BC%BD%E...fr=aladdin

I hope you are enlightened now and understand now why my buddy Yanghua does not wish to worship General Winston Choo.
11-8-2017 9:56 PM
finind said:
the way you put it sounds very BASIC LaughingRolling on the flor laughing
Guan Yu was not a fictional character but a real man, an army general who served under Liu Bei. That's all.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)