Latest Trades
TengkorCLOSEDSHORT-5.16%JARDINE CYCLE & CARRIAGE L
TengkorCLOSEDSHORT-1.61%JARDINE MATHESON HLDGS LTD
TengkorCLOSEDSHORT-1.11%JARDINE STRATEGIC HLDGS LTD

Swiss civil servant proves P AP wrong that low salary doe not mean high corruption
[Image: 625789.jpeg]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi...e-10519782

The man leading Switzerland's investigation into 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) said on Tuesday (Jul 10) that the state fund has been used as a Ponzi scheme.

Lauber, who is determined to protect his country's financial system against money laundering and other vices, also offered his advice to fellow prosecutors operating in challenging environments in the region.

“When you are a prosecutor, your activities are guided by the rule of law," he said. "Even in the worst situation, you need to uphold the rule of law. Only then you are credible to your people, to the politicians, to the media and to the international community.

"Don't take the job unless you are up for it."

After seven years, Lauber said he was still full of energy.

You cannot bribe me, I have a small apartment in Zurich where I live, I have no car, no bicycle, not even a boat. All I have is what you see on me, that's it."
11-7-2018 9:21 PM
forum456 said:
You cannot bribe me, I have a small apartment in Zurich where I live, I have no car, no bicycle, not even a boat. All I have is what you see on me, that's it."

P AP ethical standard is f ucking low as compared to Swiss govt.

Once the P AP top civil servant is not paid highly, he would quit his govt job.
He only said he got a small apartment in Zurich, no car, no bicycle, not even a boat. He got say his salary small meh?

He probably meant he lives a simple life, no greedy, so people cannot bride him. But it is also due to the country culture. Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, even China, corruption already in their DNA leow. So need to do genetic engineering then got hope leow.

11-7-2018 9:21 PM
forum456 said:
Then according to [email protected] reasoning, this guy has no dignity and will not command respect as a prosecutor. People who buy this sort of reasoning.... don't know what to say. sigh.
When a person gets high salary...siphoning a little bit here and there wont be caught ...thats the real reason...but when ypu are paid $1500 as Security Guard 12 hour shift...you take $10 you will be caught red handed easily...
corruption is a human play type of things. so it can comes in many shape/size/pattern.
unlimited numbers if combinations.
to say one rule can curb it. i think it is more like, implement multiple solutions, monitor and adjust accordingly.
one is reward, one is probability if being caught, one is price of being caught. etc.
the greed of man has little boundary, once man taste it.
one ask a bear to look after honey. not yet eaten is because they no know it can be done.

11-7-2018 11:14 PM
David Rasif said:
When a person gets high salary...siphoning a little bit here and there wont be caught ...thats the real reason...but when ypu are paid $1500 as Security Guard 12 hour shift...you take $10 you will be caught red handed easily...
George Yeo also say he will die for his Aljunied residents what but after lost, QUITED so fast...
11-7-2018 9:29 PM
maipenrai said:
He only said he got a small apartment in Zurich, no car, no bicycle, not even a boat. He got say his salary small meh?

Isn't it an fact that [email protected] pays themselves the highest in the Galaxy, while so many sinkee are enjoying 3rd world living standard?
They must have love him so much that they don't want him to die, so no choice but to vote him out...

12-7-2018 3:05 AM
Sentinel said:
George Yeo also say he will die for his Aljunied residents what but after lost, QUITED so fast...
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)