Login . Register .
Latest Trades
BrilliantOPENLONG$7.730KEPPEL CORPORATION LIMITED
supermonkeyCLOSEDSHORT-6.77%LIAN BENG GROUP LTD
supermonkeyCLOSEDSHORT-6.77%LIAN BENG GROUP LTD
This President Election is an easy choice. Here's why...
13-8-2017 2:12 AM
SotongOngTee Online
Senior Sheep

Must ensure the pen in the voting booth be internationally certified of indelible ink.

only blur like sotong emperor kid brother, sotong emperor more blurrer
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
13-8-2017 4:49 AM
PROFILER Offline
Elite

13-8-2017 1:43 AMRaphael05 wrote  Their game is just to win.. they dun care if u void.. to void is to fall into their game.. too soft a voice.. to vote for the other person is a stronger voice.. just like 70-30... the void is not even in the picture..

I don't understand your thinking. You already said it. Their game is to win. They don't care if the winning percentage is 34% or 14%, as long as first pass the post takes all. To vote for the other person is to agree to playing into their hands.

However, by boycotting, we are assuming that the electorate, whether pro-PAP or not, are mature enough to send a message that the electorate dislike playing the race card and that the election should be democratic enough to accept any candidate from any race. This is the strong message to send over, not the wussy message by voting for the other person. PAP selected candidate of course will win, but if the spoil votes are significant enough to be conspicuous, then the strong message is sent loud and clear.

Don't let history repeats itself, because TT is enjoying his 34% victory no matter what you think. Kanimah will equally enjoy the victory even if it is 14% victory, as long as it is first pass the post.

SurprisedSurprised

==================================================

[Image: di-8PS4RN.gif]

Current On My Ignore List:
[Image: di-LA4RCX.png]
13-8-2017 4:51 AM
PROFILER Offline
Elite

13-8-2017 2:12 AMSotongOngTee wrote  Must ensure the pen in the voting booth be internationally certified of indelible ink.

Well said. One rep point for you.

thumbs upthumbs up

13-8-2017 7:17 AM
paperhead Online
Senior Sheep

13-8-2017 2:12 AMSotongOngTee wrote  Must ensure the pen in the voting booth be internationally certified of indelible ink.

So you mean to say 70% vote in the previous GE was using ink that could be delible?
That would explain satisfactorily the whole mystery
13-8-2017 8:02 AM
First Class Elite

12-8-2017 11:11 PMRaphael05 wrote  Issue is not abt Malay or female.. the issue is the high criteria which is restrictive + "reserved"...

You are right. I think the real issue with oppies in this forum is not female or malay. It is because Halimah is from PAP. I think if Halimah is from SDP or WP, then there will be not issue.
13-8-2017 8:25 AM
paperhead Online
Senior Sheep

Say you have billions of dollars deposited in the Republic Bank
The annual audit is due and the CEO of Republic Bank gets his CFO to become the external auditor to do the auditing
It is a case of ownself audit ownself
But to give a wayang there is an election but all other candidates get disqualified
13-8-2017 8:26 AM
EXBB Offline
Hall of Fame

13-8-2017 8:25 AMpaperhead wrote  Say you have billions of dollars deposited in the Republic Bank
The annual audit is due and the CEO of Republic Bank gets his CFO to become the external auditor to do the auditing
It is a case of ownself audit ownself
But to give a wayang there is an election but all other candidates get disqualified

U talking about wat?? Rolling on the flor laughing

[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
13-8-2017 8:30 AM
PROFILER Offline
Elite

13-8-2017 8:02 AMAvatar wrote  You are right. I think the real issue with oppies in this forum is not female or malay. It is because Halimah is from PAP. I think if Halimah is from SDP or WP, then there will be not issue.

You are wrong. Check with your neighbors, with your friends, your family, your colleagues. Singapore is not ready for a race-defined or gender defined President.

What they want is a choice without restrictions. If PAP has a suitable candidate, I'm sure the electorate will appreciate, whether what race or gender. However, since the President is there to safeguard the reserves against excesses of the govt, this makes it a conflict of interest for PAP to field its own candidate, as how can a wolf be a guard in a hen-pan?

The Presidential election is not about Opposition vs the Incumbent Party. It has to be someone of stature and repute with financial background who has managed sufficient funds and company to understand the complexities of running a sizeable company and a sizeable fund.

Frankly, we need the best man (or woman, but unlikely should be a woman) for the job. By restricting this to a certain race is already bad enough. To further pick a female and say that the female gender will be refreshing to the mix is utter rubbish and insults our intelligence.

Tell me the truth....for every one Kanimah, I'm very sure there are at least 10,000 more capable MALE person from an independent walk of life who could serve if not for the hostile and restricted political environment he has to operate in.

Beyond guarding the reserves, beyond that specific, specialized responsibility, the President is actually redundant, because we don't need a useless figure-head who travels at taxpayers expense and spend his time raising money through charity shows or cutting ribbons.

13-8-2017 8:31 AM
sukhoi35 Offline
Elite

The previous PE2011, a top banker and seasoned politician Dr Tong Tan winning by only 35.2% which was the worst ever. Sadly, TT was booed and being called "Jiak Leow Bee" by audience.

This time, a lesser qualified Malay candidate than Dr Tony Tan, a Chinese and she probably, obtains between 20 -25% votes.
(This post was last modified: 13-8-2017 8:32 AM by sukhoi35.)
13-8-2017 9:06 AM
cestlavie Online
Sheep

12-8-2017 11:11 PMRaphael05 wrote  Issue is not abt Malay or female.. the issue is the high criteria which is restrictive + "reserved"...

This is NOT an Elected President (EP). It is Pre-approved President (PP).

Ownself nominate ownself, ownself approve ownself. Singapore world CL-as* gov !
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)