Latest Trades
valueinvestorOPENLONG$3.770SINGTEL
BrilliantOPENLONG$0.097MIDAS HLDGS LIMITED
valueinvestorOPENLONG$0.066FALCON ENERGY GROUP LIMITED
Wah.......Trump: If North Korea attacks US, it 'will regret it fast'
13-8-2017 9:06 AM
PROFILER Online
Elite

13-8-2017 8:47 AMbw2013 wrote  Actually there are many things I do not know. And therefore I keep learning even at this age. I cannot imagine pretending to have known everything there is to know. Because once you pretend to know everything there is to know, you are admitting that your brain has reached a state where it cannot learn anything new. I hope you have not reached that state yet.

Secondly, this political flux that you talk about. Are you saying that Vietnam and the two Koreans are no longer in a state of political transformation today? This is not very clear. So, what I think you really meant to say simply is that they were the victims of the Cold War of the 1950s political upheaval where the superpowers of the day were fighting to establish their influence over the other.

The Korean peninsular is working towards reunification and that points to a general direction towards reunification, time immaterial. Maybe 10 years, 100 years, or indefinitely, we dont know. Alaska was a Russian territory. Singapore was once part of Riau. Israel was once Palestinian territory. To say that these will eventually revert back to what it once was is delusional.

But lets look at your statement that the "animosity and political flux are on the wane", which is the crux of your contention. Animosity between the North and South "is on the wane" - this is contrary to what we are seeing. As a matter of fact, interstate relations is at a very low point today, symbolised by the closure of the Kaesong Industrial Complex which the 2 koreas developed jointly almost 20years ago as a collaborative economic and political engagement on reunification dreams of some politicians. There are hopes of reopening it, but for now the North's army has moved in to seize the factories. Add to this, the recent cross border attacks by the North, and the provocative blaring of propaganda materials through loud speakers from the South which can be heard as far as 30km into the North. Sadly, these contradicts your idea of an improving reations.

As for animosity at the people level - read this article from a public opinion survey which points to a widening rift especially among young South Koreans who will form the largest fighting outfit of the South Korean armed forces if the US attacks the North in the aftermath of a NK preemptive strike on Guam. Do you really think they will die for the North? I doubt so. You would be lucky if they did not abscond the country.

http://en.asaninst.org/contents/south-korean-attitudes-toward-north-korea-and-reunification/

As I told you, this is not a board which is known for erudite military commentaries so I would refrain from engaging you in such. I've my own analysis and I always come back to the same core - blood is thicker than water. Everything else revolves around this intrinsic concept, even if on the surface you do not see it unraveling.

The acid test, as always, is let the USA attack NK then and see if you're right or I'm wrong or vice versa. That's as much as I will venture with you for now.

==================================================

[Image: di-8PS4RN.gif]

Current On My Ignore List:
[Image: di-LA4RCX.png]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
13-8-2017 9:28 AM
bw2013 Online
Elite

13-8-2017 8:47 AMbw2013 wrote  Actually there are many things I do not know. And therefore I keep learning even at this age. I cannot imagine pretending to have known everything there is to know. Because once you pretend to know everything there is to know, you are admitting that your brain has reached a state where it cannot learn anything new. I hope you have not reached that state yet.

Secondly, this political flux that you talk about. Are you saying that Vietnam and the two Koreans are no longer in a state of political transformation today? This is not very clear. So, what I think you really meant to say simply is that they were the victims of the Cold War of the 1950s political upheaval where the superpowers of the day were fighting to establish their influence over the other.

The Korean peninsular is working towards reunification and that points to a general direction towards reunification, time immaterial. Maybe 10 years, 100 years, or indefinitely, we dont know. Alaska was a Russian territory. Singapore was once part of Riau. Israel was once Palestinian territory. To say that these will eventually revert back to what it once was is delusional.

But lets look at your statement that the "animosity and political flux are on the wane", which is the crux of your contention. Animosity between the North and South "is on the wane" - this is contrary to what we are seeing. As a matter of fact, interstate relations is at a very low point today, symbolised by the closure of the Kaesong Industrial Complex which the 2 koreas developed jointly almost 20years ago as a collaborative economic and political engagement on reunification dreams of some politicians. There are hopes of reopening it, but for now the North's army has moved in to seize the factories. Add to this, the recent cross border attacks by the North, and the provocative blaring of propaganda materials through loud speakers from the South which can be heard as far as 30km into the North. Sadly, these contradicts your idea of an improving reations.

As for animosity at the people level - read this article from a public opinion survey which points to a widening rift especially among young South Koreans who will form the largest fighting outfit of the South Korean armed forces if the US attacks the North in the aftermath of a NK preemptive strike on Guam. Do you really think they will die for the North? I doubt so. You would be lucky if they did not abscond the country.

http://en.asaninst.org/contents/south-korean-attitudes-toward-north-korea-and-reunification/

The "political flux is on the wane" - granted that the Cold War of the 1950s is over. Zilch! But does the world today enjoy absolute peace? No. Things are getting worse. We are on the brink of a nuclear conflict. What replaces the Cold War today is the fight for a New World Order involving the US and its allies with Nato as its military arm on one side, and BRICS with its own military pacts on the other side. And that fight for influence is still evident today manifesting in the Korean peninsular. So, the "political flux" is definitely not on the wane but merely showing itself up in a different form.

13-8-2017 9:06 AMPROFILER wrote  As I told you, this is not a board which is known for erudite military commentaries so I would refrain from engaging you in such. I've my own analysis and I always come back to the same core - blood is thicker than water. Everything else revolves around this intrinsic concept, even if on the surface you do not see it unraveling.

The acid test, as always, is let the USA attack NK then and see if you're right or I'm wrong or vice versa. That's as much as I will venture with you for now.

I wasnt commenting much on military stuff actually. I dont wish for this acid test that you spoke about just to prove if im right or you are wrong. But you made your point. And i will continue to indulge in myself lah in this forum as i have been doing so from the CNA market talk days to the ire of fellow forumers. Lol.
13-8-2017 9:43 AM
PROFILER Online
Elite

13-8-2017 9:28 AMbw2013 wrote  I wasnt commenting much on military stuff actually. I dont wish for this acid test that you spoke about just to prove if im right or you are wrong. But you made your point. And i will continue to indulge in myself lah in this forum as i have been doing so from the CNA market talk days to the ire of fellow forumers. Lol.

It's good to have someone like you here, especially on the complex affairs of Syria and its adversaries. Just so to let you know. I had predicted the turn of tide for Assad when Allepo gets liberated by the SAA and that had come to pass. Not here on this board, but somewhere on the internet where discerning participants still read my analysis with disbelief, when Assad was looking at defeat any moment then. This is what we normally call insight.

==================================================

[Image: di-8PS4RN.gif]

Current On My Ignore List:
[Image: di-LA4RCX.png]
16-8-2017 8:48 AM
SLine Online
Senior Elite

North Korea is just a white Tiger.. Talk is always louder.
16-8-2017 8:52 AM
username Offline
Senior Sheep

If NK lauches a pre strike on Usa with 70 percent of nukes that it have, Usa will be wiped out of this earth
16-8-2017 8:53 AM
singlion Offline
Senior Elite

Maybe Fatboy becomes porklegs in kechup.
But uncle's face will be in a mess.
(This post was last modified: 16-8-2017 8:53 AM by singlion.)
Cmpunk Offline
Senior Sheep

North Korea had been trumpeting for so many years
walaneh Online
Hall of Fame

12-8-2017 2:00 PMhfourhappy wrote  So, trump is also waiting for Fatty to make a first move....

walaneh! Big Grin
Trump knows Kim no guts one lah! thumbs upWinking
Press the button lah! 5
16-8-2017 8:55 AM
Cmpunk Offline
Senior Sheep

The Chinese always say fat and short and cxxk small
16-8-2017 8:55 AM
hfourhappy Offline
Hall of Fame

I find trump very funny and weird.
Fatty all the while minding his own business.
Yet he the one who keeps on saying all sort of provoking words.
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)