Are you scare if company will to tell you : You no longer needed in the company
10-1-2019 10:20 AM
hfourhappy said:
Are you scare if company will to tell you : You no longer needed in the company.
Do you realise that even if needed, you are not irreplaceable in a company? When company face cost pressure it will look at people to cut and later replace them with lower pay.

In many companies workers happily collect increment every year and companies give when times are good. The when competition intensify, those who work longest will be most vulnerable to cuts.

Because the way businesses are funded, and technology is developed the turnover of companies is 3 times that 20yrs ago. 20yrs ago you can find many people who worked in same companies for 10, 20 or 30yrs but now people on average stay only 5yrs.

The above is one reason why govts around the world face changes are replaced and people dont bother with voting back same govt for continuity because they experience very dynamic economic environments.

Because of many govt jobs, sign on SAF and jobs in govt linked monopolies many Singaporeans dont realise alot of changes among those in private sectors jobs.

Everyone needs to build coping skills in this type of economy you cannot live in fear of losing your job because retrenchment will come and might come often. You trap yourself in such a system you will stay inside as it churns. You need to learn the skills to break out. The best is employing yourself or starting you own business but its not suitable for everyone. Most will be caught in the churn throughout their lives...its just which part of the salary scale they are churning at.

Financial freedom has become the most sought after commodity among Singaporeans. Many course peddlers scam people promising to take them to the promise land.

My advice is "get smart early" take some risks to get there.
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
So the strategy is to stay relevant , and connected

especially in the IT world

Continuous upgrade and be kind, humble and helpful to others ...

if it does happen to me , dont worry ..pack up , thank the people and the mgrs , and start a fresh...no need to be upset , get better and have a go again
I'm worry, they ask me what I can do for support company.. LOLs
2-8-2020 8:42 AM
keys said:
So the strategy is to stay relevant , and connected

especially in the IT world

Continuous upgrade and be kind, humble and helpful to others ...

if it does happen to me , dont worry ..pack up , thank the people and the mgrs , and start a fresh...no need to be upset , get better and have a go again

If I am still in my 30s, yes no worry, i can look for other jobs.
But if a person hit 50s, the chances of get better and have a go again might be even more tougher.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)