Bus captain assaulted by man for some 12 mins after man was told to don mask
16-9-2020 11:57 PM
Cityhantam said:
I have met personally.

you saw wrongly.

If really got Ceca bus captains, those edmw anti-Ceca netizens sure will flame why bring in india bus captains but they all totally never flame at all means don't have Ceca bus captains
17-9-2020 12:01 AM
veri8 said:
you saw wrongly.

If really got Ceca bus captains, those edmw anti-Ceca netizens sure will flame why bring in india bus captains but they all totally never flame at all means don't have Ceca bus captains

I am definitely correct.

Even pilot also got!
17-9-2020 12:27 AM
veri8 said:
you are definitely wrong.

Who are you?

You work in LTA or bus company?
17-9-2020 12:25 AM
Cityhantam said:
I am definitely correct.

Even pilot also got!

you are dead wrong!

pilot is pilot!

pilot is not the same as bus captain!

don't have india sbs/smrt bus captains!
16-9-2020 11:51 PM
Cityhantam said:
I have met some personally.

Me too. From their accent can tell is Amazing Indian. Maybe they are new citizens or Bolehland new citizens. Geek
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post
What's the issue here. Does it matter whether the bus driver is Indian, chinese or Malay.

A bus driver had been physically assaulted just doing his job advising the passenger to put on the mask. The bus driver should be applauded for diligently carrying out his job. Same for the three young men coming to the rescue of the battered bus driver. Here, we have argument on what race/country the bus driver was from. To put on record we have Chinese, Malay, Indian and even Singh bus driver in the 80s' - Bus No. 30 from Bedok to Jurong.

I am amazed that the other passengers on the bus did not intervene to stop the assault on the bus driver. Bo chap or out of fear.
[+] 3 users Like Goldmine's post
17-9-2020 12:57 AM
luncheonmeat said:
Me too. From their accent can tell is Amazing Indian. Maybe they are new citizens or Bolehland new citizens. Geek

you are dead wrong!

there are no india work permit holders working as bus captains here.

Only have malaysian-indian work permit holders and sinkie-indian working as bus captains
16-9-2020 7:00 PM
stinv said:
If you have finished eating, you are supposed to put back your mask and not continue to sit without the mask. I think the safe distance ambassador must have observed and noted that you have finished eating.

It happened to me once too. For the safety of everyone, please put back your mask once you have finished your meal.

So the diner suddenly becomes infectious once he finished eating? Seriously, waiting staff in restaurants and eateries should be better trained to deal with this. When a diner finished eating the waiting staff should offer some paper napkins, smile and then asked if the diner wants some water before politely suggesting that the mask be reworn rather than just sternly swooped in and order the diners to rewear their masks. Attitude, body language and mannerism are important as the correct approach can make the difference in whether diners will return to that restaurant or not.
16-9-2020 11:54 PM
veri8 said:
Cannot be.

In edmw forum which is quite anti-Ceca these past 2 years, but in these past 2 years, not a single anti-Ceca netizen had mentioned about seeing a Ceca SBS/SMRT bus captain before.

lorry drivers and truck drivers got a lot of India nationals work-permit holders.

But SBS/SMRT bus captains don't have india nationals work-permit holders.

Agree.

I think "ceca" is being used too loosely by some people and is causing confusion. There are people who use it:

1. to refer to the Agreement, and nothing else.

2. to refer to Indians who come here to work under that Agreement, and invariably these are PM jobs. I eliminated ET from PMETs because these Indians work in very senior level jobs.

3. to refer to anyone who is an ethnic Indian, and even a construction labourer or road digger becomes a "ceca" according to the way they use the four letter word. I have seen even Singaporeans of Indian ancestry being called ceca, and it is obvious enough that those people are being racist, period. They just want to get rid of ALL ethnic Indians (referring to race here) no matter if they are Malaysians, Singaporeans or Indians (referring to nationality here).

I hope the government will take note of the third group, and if the ISA has to be activated, so be it.
17-9-2020 4:06 AM
JESUS said:
So the diner suddenly becomes infectious once he finished eating? Seriously, waiting staff in restaurants and eateries should be better trained to deal with this. When a diner finished eating the waiting staff should offer some paper napkins, smile and then asked if the diner wants some water before politely suggesting that the mask be reworn rather than just sternly swooped in and order the diners to rewear their masks. Attitude, body language and mannerism are important as the correct approach can make the difference in whether diners will return to that restaurant or not.

If a person is infected, he is infected, no matter whether he has not yet eaten, or has eaten. He is infected, both before and after.

Singapore tries not to be overly draconian to enforce a complete a la Wuhan style total lockdown. Later, we even allowed people to dine out but with safe distancing, and to remove their masks only to eat. When eating, we should not talk. This will minimise the spreading of germs.

If we have finished eating, and start talking, that's when a lot of germs are being passed around.

Actually, all these are common sense and it's really whether or not people want to be considerate, and cooperative.

As to wait staff, my own experience over the years is that they are quite scared of customers. Rarely do you come across a wait staff who is downright rude. You might come across one who is clumsy, who stammers, can't speak well...but one who is downright rude or speaking in a tone that DEMANDS?.....I did not have such an experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Yanghua's post
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)