COMMENT: The furore over ministerial pay is gaining currency again
It was a jaw-dropping moment, akin to a bolt of lightning from the blue. A first glance at Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong’s comments in a dialogue with South East District residents on 2 August elicited the instinctive response: is this fake news? Did he really say that?

Yes, he really did. “I am telling you the ministers are not paid enough, and down the road, we are going to get a problem with getting people to join the government…now we dare not pay ministers a good wage,” said Goh in a conversation with Braddell Heights resident Abdul Aziz, 70.

And the former Prime Minister (1990-2004) went further, “You are going to end up with very, very mediocre people, who can’t even earn a million dollars outside to be our ministers. Think about that. Is it good for you, or is it worse for us in the end?”

And just like that, the 77-year-old revived the perennial, and always contentious, issue of ministerial pay: just how much is enough? For “very, very mediocre” Singaporeans like myself who do not earn anywhere close to a million dollars, his comments also presented a false equivalence: that high pay somehow equates to a high level of competence.

Goh has since come out to say that he did not mean to call Singaporeans mediocre and that salaries are not the “starting point” in recruiting for the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP). But the damage had already been done.

More at https://tinyurl.com/ycyrjwnp
Why don't they sack a few ministers and see whether they able to command $$million salary outside. Nobody saw how GY was struggling outside after being kickout of Aljunied. Our ministers are just having it too easy and too well paid.
[+] 2 users Like JungleSurvival's post
I am mediocre and I can accepted that, I just don't deny it .... Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing
Everything will be alright in the end, so if it is not alright it is not yet the end ....

Keywords: TEST
Our teacher says , real talents dont work for monies ...

Our teacher says this :

" Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. "

13-8-2018 1:46 PM
JungleSurvival said:
Why don't they sack a few ministers and see whether they able to command $$million salary outside. Nobody saw how GY was struggling outside after being kickout of Aljunied. Our ministers are just having it too easy and too well paid.
How much you think Jo Teo can earn as a HR director outside?
Doesn't deserve that emiritus title sh strip it away so out of ouch
13-8-2018 2:09 PM
JungleSurvival said:
How much you think Jo Teo can earn as a HR director outside?

$5-8k/m?
13-8-2018 2:12 PM
skindeep said:
Doesn't deserve that emiritus title sh strip it away so out of ouch

Should ask him what hes doing besides collecting $m. What kind of advice can a seat warmer provide? Rolling on the flor laughing
13-8-2018 2:12 PM
century said:
$5-8k/m?

Obama was earning about US$200K as a community lawyer before he join
politics. So he is mediocre and will never be recruited by the PAP in singapore?
Wong kan seng was hr manager in HP working under koh boon hwee before joining pap. Very very mediocre leh.. But can be DPM.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)