Celeb chef shames those complaining about $6 nasi padang while paying $7.50 for cafe
One plate nasi padang at Hjh Maimunah at Joo Chiat will set you back by 8 or 9 dollars

Across the road Geylang Serai market the same plate takes 6 dollars off your wallet

But Maimunah can charge you that much because she earned it
16-5-2019 7:53 PM
stinv said:
This is one case of telling half truth. Those who patronize Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf may not be those that buy nasi padang. They could be a few who patronize both but without actual statistics, readers may be led to think the majority are like that. I would advice Chef Bob to come up with statistics to back up his claim. That would be more convincing

why he never compare $1 coffee from coffeeshop?

how about high class restaurant? Those don't mind paying $50 for a plate of fried rice may complain the high price of nasi padang too.

on the other hand, if one feel that nasi padang is too expensive, can pay for cheaper chicken rice.
in order for hawker centres to be 'cheap"
either have to be subsidised or they use inferior raw materials...

think abiut it
http://slang.org/FOOK-meaning-definition
The most popular meaning of FOOK is: F uck

Vigilante uncle Placebo got to put wendy chan in her place coz he is afraid of an old, ugly bit@h witch...scared + jealous of what?
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post
if expensive, dun eat.

if cannot tahan complaints, dun sell.
Laughing
Why need to complain? If you think is expensive then don’t go lah!!! The stall minus you as a customer will not matter.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice."
I only pay $ 2.50 for rice with 3 dishes in Chinese stall in my neighbourhood! thumbs up
16-5-2019 7:53 PM
stinv said:
This is one case of telling half truth. Those who patronize Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf may not be those that buy nasi padang. They could be a few who patronize both but without actual statistics, readers may be led to think the majority are like that. I would advice Chef Bob to come up with statistics to back up his claim. That would be more convincing

Yah, agreed. It is a different market segment. But there are exceptions and Bobby is just talking about these people.

He needs to understand perceived value and branding.
Even with high price, often do not guaranteed nice ....
Had u been to shopping mall food court tried the food there, any stall will do, with that kind of price, the quality simply not there
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)