Chan Chun Sing and Pritam Singh spar in Parliament over data on job distribution
[Image: 824787.jpeg]

SINGAPORE — The perennial debate over Singapore's foreign worker policy saw Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing cross swords on Monday (Jan 6) with opposition leader Pritam Singh, who repeatedly asked for a breakdown of the number of new jobs that went to Singaporeans, permanent residents (PRs) and foreigners.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ch...jobs-among
Among other things, Mr Chan said that getting the local-foreign workforce balance right is an evergreen challenge. And to ensure that future generations of Singaporeans would always be employable for the jobs of tomorrow, one of the trade-offs would be that some investments brought in today might lead to foreigners being employed in higher and better-paying positions than Singaporeans.

Over time, with more jobs created and more Singaporeans being trained, they may one day take on the top job that was once occupied by a foreigner, he added. He also noted that local employment increased by nearly 60,000 between 2015 and 2018.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ch...jobs-among
Mr Singh: "My original parliamentary question really was a question seeking data. Minister for Trade and Industry spoke of the local PMET share going up (from) 54 per cent to 57 per cent. And my question really is can we expect in future — either by way of (response to) a parliamentary question or by the Government on its own accord — (to be given data broken down) into Singaporeans and PRs? If the Government’s approach is, 'No we are not going to provide that data', can the Minister please share that detail with us here. Because it's pointless for us to keep asking for that data if the Government is not going to provide it."
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ch...jobs-among
[+] 1 user Likes Good Morning's post
Why is FT from 3rd world occupying top post while world class sinkees with world class education are working below?
[+] 6 users Like XXX's post
What kind of Lan [email protected] Wei is this spewing from Chan Chun Sing CB Mouth? "And I would like to remind this House: The ultimate competition is not pitting Singaporeans against the PRs, it is about the team Singapore comprising Singaporeans, the PRs and even the foreign workforce... competing to give Singaporeans the best chance possible." ,,i,,

KNNBCCB, TURD WORLD FOREIGN TRASH COMPETING WITH SINGAPOREANS TO GIVE SINGAPOREANS THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE OF GETTING THE BEST PAYING JOBS OR EVEN A JOB ???!!! 127fs4573872 Surprised dizzy CH.EE BYE CHAN CHUN SING DON'T EVEN BOTHER ANYMORE TO HIDE THE FACT THAT HE IS TRYING TO INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE. timeout

Treeswing
PRC Cheena Commie Hanjians (lvlrsSTI, Polanski (orlando/olivia/amata), WhatDoYouThink, CHAOS, Sentinel (Stuka76), niubee, Sand)

[Image: 2rBmpvv][Image: 2F59gO8]
[+] 8 users Like The Godfather's post
Indirectly, he is saying our world top ranking uni are producing rubbish.
[+] 3 users Like sudoku's post
This kind of smokey answer will cause someone to sacrifice his shoe, if not in Parley. Remember G. Bush?
[+] 1 user Likes innova's post
When they try to hide data...think about it what is data showing that PAP refuse to let you see.

PAP says it has high integrity and regard for the truth then why are they hiding so much data from the people?
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post
No eyes to see.
Let Sg continue to rot.
Even temasik companies also give top jobs to FT. Rolling on the flor laughing
Did he know how many top jobs were given to FTs in manufacturing sector?
笨拙的人讲道理,聪明的人说故事。
[+] 3 users Like QE3's post
when cannot give the figures, then tactic should be to buat bodoh or befuddle and and not answer the question...

dont need an education for that or a million dollar salary for that matter
yet 70 % still wanna accept them
Singaporean Lives Matter not an election

FACT : Foo Mee Har is my sister in law
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)