Chaos in Dr M’s Msia: Dr M jiaklat! Johor trip is a waste, Pahang Prince may be King
After WSJ exposé, Putrajaya to scrutinise China deals for 1MDB kickbacks

PUTRAJAYA, Jan 8 — The government will examine China-linked projects more closely for elements of corruption, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng said today following a report alleging that these involved inflated sums meant to help settle 1MDB debt.

Responding to questions about a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) report alleging that the Najib administration worked with Beijing on Belt-Road Initiative projects such as the East Coast Rail Link to divert funds to 1MDB, Lim said he had not been aware of these before today.

“We knew that the price is inflated, but whether there was such a deal, I have to check. I would be interested to have a copy of those minutes by WSJ,” said Lim.

The finance minister also reiterated that two Sabah pipeline projects previously awarded to Chinese firms had been almost fully paid out even though no physical work had been done. These have already been terminated.

In the WSJ report, it was alleged that former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s administration had colluded with China on such projects to inflate their values in order to divert some of the funds towards 1MDB that was struggling to pay its debt at the time.

The report cited minutes of meetings between members of the Najib administration and China’s leaders as well as from secret talks purportedly between the two countries at the time.

“I have to refer back to any details explicitly said. If it was said in black and white, then it is something we will pursue,” Lim told a press conference at the Finance Ministry here, today.

The WSJ report asserted that Najib had turned to China at the height of his political crisis here due to the 1MDB scandal and that Beijing saw this as an opportunity to further its own interests in the region.
Raw Video doesn’t lie; Liberal Journalism does.
8-1-2019 8:03 PM
MrMarket said:
After WSJ exposé, Putrajaya to scrutinise China deals for 1MDB kickbacks

PUTRAJAYA, Jan 8 — The government will examine China-linked projects more closely for elements of corruption, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng said today following a report alleging that these involved inflated sums meant to help settle 1MDB debt.

Responding to questions about a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) report alleging that the Najib administration worked with Beijing on Belt-Road Initiative projects such as the East Coast Rail Link to divert funds to 1MDB, Lim said he had not been aware of these before today.

“We knew that the price is inflated, but whether there was such a deal, I have to check. I would be interested to have a copy of those minutes by WSJ,” said Lim.

The finance minister also reiterated that two Sabah pipeline projects previously awarded to Chinese firms had been almost fully paid out even though no physical work had been done. These have already been terminated.

In the WSJ report, it was alleged that former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s administration had colluded with China on such projects to inflate their values in order to divert some of the funds towards 1MDB that was struggling to pay its debt at the time.

The report cited minutes of meetings between members of the Najib administration and China’s leaders as well as from secret talks purportedly between the two countries at the time.

“I have to refer back to any details explicitly said. If it was said in black and white, then it is something we will pursue,” Lim told a press conference at the Finance Ministry here, today.

The WSJ report asserted that Najib had turned to China at the height of his political crisis here due to the 1MDB scandal and that Beijing saw this as an opportunity to further its own interests in the region.

There could be more worms crawling in the cans!
BOMBSHELL – PAHANG SULTAN TO ABDICATE SOON? REGENT TO ASCEND THRONE? NAJIB & WIFE ROSMAH, WHO ARE CLOSE TO REGENT TO HAVE CHANCE TO GET ROYAL PARDONS?

KUALA LUMPUR: The Pahang royal household will meet this week to discuss the possibility of Regent of Pahang Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah ascending as sultan of Pahang.

The proposal, if accepted, would see Tengku Abdullah’s installation as the sixth modern sultan of Pahang on Friday and effectively pave the way for his election as the 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, based on the rotation system.
Tengku Mahkota starts meeting on Pahang sultan’s position; Najib was there

TENGKU Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah has begun chairing a special meeting of the Pahang royal household following the resignation of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong five days ago.

“Pray for the best,” the Tengku Mahkota of Pahang told reporters as he walked into the room to chair the meeting today at a hotel in the state capital.

Though it has never been publicly acknowledged the meeting is to discuss the possible abdication of ailing Pahang ruler Sultan Ahmad Shah, 88.

After the Kelantan sultan, the next in line in the rotation of the nine Malay rulers are the Pahang sultan, Johor sultan and Perak sultan respectively.

However, Tengku Abdullah can only be installed as next Agong if he was proclaimed the ruler of Pahang.
The meeting began after the newly appointed Pahang state secretary Sallehuddin Ishak received his appointment letter.

The former Land and Mines Department director-general took over as state secretary on January 7 and the Tengku Mahkota administered the oath of office on him before the meeting could begin.

Among the members of the state’s royal council seen entering the room were Pahang Menteri Besar Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail and former prime minister Najib Razak.

Najib sits on the council as Orang Kaya Indera Shahbandar, which is a nobility title of the Pahang Sultanate and among the four highest ranking nobles below the Sultan in the palace.
[+] 1 user Likes MrMarket's post
7-1-2019 7:12 AM
Honestboy said:
STUPID PAS Laughing
add a t ,the past won't help. Rolling on the flor laughing
start a new thread la tolong
Tengku Abdullah to be proclaimed Pahang Sultan on Jan 15

Pahang crown prince Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah will be proclaimed as the new Pahang Sultan on Jan 15.

This was confirmed in an announcement by Tengku Muda Pahang Tengku Abdul Rahman Sultan Ahmad Shah at Istana Abu Bakar, Pekan.

Earlier, Malaysiakini reported that multiple sources had indicated that Tengku Abdullah will be made the new Pahang Sultan next week.

Malaysiakini also learned that Pahang Menteri Besar Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail will be pulled away from the Cameron Highlands by-election campaign in the middle of next week.

He is expected in Pekan, the seat of power for the Pahang royal household.

A source within the Pahang government told Malaysiakini that the proclamation ceremony will take place on Jan 15 in the town.

This was also corroborated by a senior civil servant close with the palace.

"My information from the palace is that Tengku Abdullah will be proclaimed as the Pahang Sultan... so it is likely he will become the next Yang Di-Pertuan Agong," said the source.

A third source from Pahang BN, who is also close to the state palace, said he too has been informed that Tengku Abdullah will be proclaimed as the new Pahang sultan, but did not have a timeline.
IN UNPRECEDENTED MOVE, AMENDMENT IN STATE CONSTITUTION ‘EMPOWERED’ ROYAL COUNCIL TO REPLACE SULTAN AHMAD WITH TENGKU ABDULLAH

KUANTAN: An amendment was made to the state constitution to empower the Royal Council to pave the way for Pahang Regent Tengku Abdullah ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah to ascend the throne.

"Pahang is facing an unusual challenge. My father is undergoing intensive medical treatment," said Tengku Muda Pahang Tengku Abdul Rahman ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah.

"It is with sadness that my family and I accept the reality that my father can no longer shoulder the responsibility of being a ruler.

"Realising this, my family and I proposed that our brother, the Regent of Pahang, be appointed his successor and the sixth Sultan of Pahang," he said at a special press conference at Istana Abu Bakar in Pekan on Saturday (Jan 12.)

He added that Tengku Abdullah also ordered Sultan Ahmad Shah be named Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Ayahanda Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah.

"This is in keeping with his position as a father figure to the people of Pahang. No one is closer to his heart than the people," said Tengku Abdul Rahman.
Mahathir’s efforts to sugar coat Johor Sultan may be in vain as reports say Pahang crown prince could be next king

On Jan. 10, the meeting between Malaysia Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, concluded in retro style.

Speaking at a press conference afterwards, Mahathir said their 90-minute meeting saw a “free exchange of views”, Channel NewsAsia (CNA) reported.

Mahathir did not elaborate on specific details, but he said: “Many issues were brought up… but that is between his Highness and me.”

Speculation on what happens if the Johor Sultan becomes king
The significance of the meeting lies in the fact that historically, both parties do not see eye to eye.

Free Malaysia Today (FMT) reported that the Sultan of Johor “has been has been embroiled in several spats with Mahathir over the years”.

As such, there has been speculation about the dynamics between Mahathir and the Sultan of Johor should the latter become the next Yang di-Pertuan Agong, also known as “King of Kings”.

Today quoted Ooi Kee Beng, executive director of think-tank Penang Institute, who said things could get “tricky” if the Sultan of Johor becomes the next King due to his family’s history of clashing with Mahathir.

Of course, there is also the likely scenario that the Sultan of Johor might not even become Yang di-Pertuan Agong in the first place due to new developments in the state of Pahang.

The Sultan of Pahang is reportedly ill at the age of 88, according to The Star, which is a potential condition in being deemed ineligible to be king.

Even so, The Star added that under the state constitution, the Sultan of Pahang can abdicate his throne and relinquish his royal rights and powers, opening the way for the Crown Prince of Pahang to succeed the throne.

Once the Crown Prince becomes Sultan of Pahang, he is eligible to be elected as the next Yang di-Pertuan Agong, provided all of these occurs before Jan. 24, when the Conference of Rulers is scheduled to meet to elect the new Yang di-Pertuan Agong and his deputy.

It is now confirmed that the Crown Prince Tengku Abdullah will be proclaimed Pahang Sultan on Jan 15, 2019.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)