China never had it worse: Tanking economy, Belt and Road unraveling and Huawei
#21
4-3-2019 12:26 PM
tiunelomo said:
China never had it worse: Tanking economy, Belt and Road unraveling and Huawei


[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000157010129_trans_NvBQzQNjv...width=1400]
A gloomy Xi Jinping attends a plenary session of China's National People's Congress


When China’s president Xi Jinping presided over the country’s rubber stamp parliament last year, he scrapped term limits to consolidate power and spouted rhetoric about the country’s juggernaut status. To the world, he looked an unstoppable strong man.

This year, Mr Xi will stride into the Great Hall of the People in far tougher times – the economy is seeing its poorest economic growth in nearly three decades, hampered by a protracted trade war with the US.

Beijing is also seeing the first signs of a backlash over its 'Belt and Road' plan - an infrastructure-led plan intended to boost its global clout - as partner countries cancel or reconsider previously agreed projects over debt concerns.

Foreign governments are meanwhile pressuring Beijing on everything from espionage to human rights.

“People are going into this now, not with a positive sense that China is really arriving, but with this concern of, 'are the wheels going to come off the bus?', or 'are things going to be ok?'” said Benjamin Cavender, a principal at China Market Research, a consultancy.

“They’re in damage control mode right now.” Mr Xi will need to seize the opportunity to reassure the nation by sending the right message, even though this year’s “lianghui”, meaning “two sessions”, is expected again to be a highly scripted piece of political theatre – big on pomp and circumstance with no major surprises.

[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000190053703_trans_NvBQzQNjv...width=1240]
Premier Li Keqiang is set to deliver a statement on China's finances


“There’s a lot of anxiety at the moment, so I suspect this year will really be about this oasis of calm in the midst of a typhoon of uncertainty,” said Kerry Brown, professor of China studies at King’s College London.

“Whether people buy into that or not, the show will go on.” The annual meeting will see 3,000 delegates gather in Beijing to discuss political and economic policy, before casting votes that approve proposals from the ruling Communist Party.

One piece of legislation expected to pass is a foreign investment law that would ban forced technology transfer and government “interference.”

On Tuesday, Li Keqiang, China’s premier, will give a state-of-the-union style address, recapping last year’s achievements and looking forward to the next. He will also announce economic growth targets, expected to be set at 6.0 to 6.5 percent expansion for 2019, a hair's breadth lower than the 6.6 percent growth the economy posted last year.

Behind the scenes, managing expectations will likely be a key theme, especially when it comes to supporting economic growth and handling the trade war - including what concessions Beijing will agree in order to get a deal done.

[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000189763166_trans_NvBQzQNjv...width=1240]
Tech firm Huawei, which is the subject of international hacking fears, looks set to play a central role in Beijing's plan to roll out a nationwide 5G telecommunications network



Carl Weinberg, chief international economist at research firm High Frequency Economics, said that while Mr Xi will have control of the agenda, “one cannot rule out the chance that party hardliners will compel him not to concede a single millimetre to US demands that China abandon the state subsidy model.”

This model underpins the Made in China 2025 initiative, designed to spur domestic growth but also criticised as a import-substitution plan. Entrepreneurs have also been upset with Mr Xi’s handling of economic reforms, which have largely favoured inefficient, wasteful state-owned enterprises over more nimble, private sector firms.

The place of the defence budget on the government's priority list given the country's economic woes will be telling and give indication of China’s strategic intentions for modernising its military.

China is also expected to outline plans for the rollout of 5G mobile networks, a development that will be aided by Huawei, a tech firm at the centre of a global spying row and the country's top supplier of 5G chips.

How China tiptoes around this – or doesn’t – will provide some sense of how confident Beijing is in battling global concerns of hacking and espionage.

“There’s a lot of fear right now that China is sort of hand-in-glove in a lot of the tech leaders in China,” Mr Cavender said.

“There’s a real fear that they’re going to be giving information to the Chinese government – true or not, there’s a perception here, and that’s also hurting China’s image overseas.

And despite the challenges ahead for Mr Xi, there won’t likely be dissenting opinions.

“He’s definitely weaker, but that’s just politics,” Mr Brown said. “Xi’s political maneuvering before has made sure when he hits these periods of tougher fortunes, there is still no alternative – it’s got to be just him, and his leadership.”

It will, however, be interesting to see if Mr Xi dominates the airwaves or if other senior officials like Mr Li or Liu He, China’s chief trade negotiator, play a role in embellishing the monologue.







Thousands Fired By Chinese Tech Companies Amid Sudden Breakout In Austerity

Mon, 03/04/2019

Retrenchment, job lost & jobless will start to surge now after chinese new yr….
Global economy continue to shrink, slow down….demand & business plunges, trade tumble down across the world….time to cut deep in job, especially china, still in trade war….
Bad debt surge, loan & bond default….more to come if dont cut jobs now…
Property also down, cash flow dry up, liquidity dry up….time for slash price & down down all the way…
Many unable to pay housing loan with job lost….more affordable to buy...just keep this condition for another 6-9 months, many will fall & dive down…. thumbs up
Quote
#22
6-3-2019 11:14 AM
century said:
thumbs up

Deleveraging. Repeat after me.
Your nose getting longer 245
Quote
#23
Trade war hurt both sides. That is known by all.

China next year GDP expectation lowered to between 6 and 6.5%, which is still higher than most countries including USA.

Laughing
Quote
#24
6-3-2019 11:16 AM
century said:


Thousands Fired By Chinese Tech Companies Amid Sudden Breakout In Austerity

Mon, 03/04/2019

Retrenchment, job lost & jobless will start to surge now after chinese new yr….
Global economy continue to shrink, slow down….demand & business plunges, trade tumble down across the world….time to cut deep in job, especially china, still in trade war….
Bad debt surge, loan & bond default….more to come if dont cut jobs now…
Property also down, cash flow dry up, liquidity dry up….time for slash price & down down all the way…
Many unable to pay housing loan with job lost….more affordable to buy...just keep this condition for another 6-9 months, many will fall & dive down…. thumbs up


moronic communist dog niubee keep barking deleveraging 20x.....this moronic dog do not know what it is barking.....china keep print $ & cut rate is deleveraging?.....leverage till xiao liao....ponzi & bubble burst.... Rolling on the flor laughing
Quote
#25
6-3-2019 11:19 AM
Sand said:
Trade war hurt both sides. That is known by all.

China next year GDP expectation lowered to between 6 and 6.5%, which is still higher than most countries including USA.

:lughing

this stupid dog sand, trade war hurt both bark for 6 months liao....wrong for 6 months still bark, real retarded....
both hurt, both lose...but the one lose less is winner....
china can bark whatever GDP...last yr 6.6 or 6.x....real fact is 1-2%? or even negative?.....
debt to GDP continue to up up away..... Rolling on the flor laughing
Quote
#26
6-3-2019 11:24 AM
century said:
this stupid dog sand, trade war hurt both bark for 6 months liao....wrong for 6 months still bark, real retarded....
both hurt, both lose...but the one lose less is winner....
china can bark whatever GDP...last yr 6.6 or 6.x....real fact is 1-2%? or even negative?.....
debt to GDP continue to up up away..... Rolling on the flor laughing

You have "real fact"?

From which god? Rolling on the flor laughing
Quote
#27
Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing
Quote
#28
6-3-2019 12:21 PM
polanski said:
You have "real fact"?

From which god? :rolling on the flor lughing

communist dog can only bark lies & silly questions, but know nut....bark 100% personal, no fact & view....all from a.s.s...go & fcuk amata wife better than lie & bullshyt here...all these dogs.... thumbs up
Quote
#29
I repeat China GDP expectation lowered to 6 to 6.5% is still higher than most countries in the world including USA.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote
#30
6-3-2019 12:33 PM
Sand said:
I repeat China GDP expectation lowered to 6 to 6.5% is still higher than most countries in the world including USA.


:lughing :lughing :lughing






moronic sand, cannot understand mandarin..... Rolling on the flor laughing
Quote
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)


Forum Jump: