China: no longer the place to be for young Singaporeans?
[Image: 826249.jpeg]

When businessman KK Chua was sent to China in the 1980s, it was like being ‘sentenced’. Now it is so far ahead, young people seeking opportunities should look elsewhere, he says.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics...ngaporeans
“My advice for young Singaporeans trying to go into China is this: there are better places, more spaces for you to grow elsewhere,” said the Hong Kong-based President of Asia Pacific at American make-up brand Mary Kay Cosmetics.

“China now is already way ahead, and the opportunities are far and few [between]. If you’re serious about wanting to do something for yourself where the opportunities are, it’s no longer China.”
Go to India to get conned?
Laughing
Opportunities come and ago. There are always opportunities when the country is big. You need to have the edge over the rest like in Language, English, etc. This also depends on the location and environment you are at.
10-1-2020 8:37 AM
Good Morning said:
“My advice for young Singaporeans trying to go into China is this: there are better places, more spaces for you to grow elsewhere,” said the Hong Kong-based President of Asia Pacific at American make-up brand Mary Kay Cosmetics.

“China now is already way ahead, and the opportunities are far and few [between]. If you’re serious about wanting to do something for yourself where the opportunities are, it’s no longer China.”

Well educated Singaporeans tend to want to go to Australia, Canada or USA to start life anew there...... Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post
10-1-2020 8:51 AM
debono said:
Well educated Singaporeans tend to want to go to Australia, Canada or USA to start life anew there...... Laughing Laughing

When come to investment, you ask those people about Canada and USA, their replies will always be too far away. Then in Canada, you can just keep renewing your stay yearly. No money to come back.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post
10-1-2020 8:39 AM
matrice said:
Go to India to get conned?

@ Polanksioranldolivia-trice

Your knee jerk reaction is expected. You try to earn your wumao as usual by being defensive without giving any thought to whatever you post.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with Indians. Your narrow minded perception of the opportunities out there seems to be a choice of either India or China. Come on, the world is much bigger than India and China.

Now read the lead post again, and the one which followed. It's sound advice BECAUSE China is waaaaaaaaayyyy ahead of Singapore, and it is not every Singaporean who goes there who can TEACH the Chinese any sh.it. Do you follow?

In the past, like when I was working there in the 1980s, I was like an Emeritus Professor of Rocket Science. I was bilingual in English and the Mandarin dialect, I understood Confucian teachings better than they did, I understood Western Management Practices which they didn't. I had many advantages over them, while they had only one over me ===> they were able to recite the Little Red Book like a Chinese Koran, which I could not.

Always do a SWOT analysis before you make a career move. What strength does an average Singaporean have in 2020 and beyond which a Chinese lack? None. What opportunities are there for him? Few. The competition among even the Chinese themselves is already very keen, and the Singaporean shant stand a chance. You think you can read Chinese so you are good to go? You are damn wrong man. You think you studied Chinese Literature, you can recite Chinese poems, so you will settle there easily? The Chinese will tell you, you can stay in Malaysia, and teach the Chinese language in your "Chinese" schools. We don't need your Chinese language prowess man.

Happy Lunar New Year in advance.
[+] 3 users Like Schroder's post
10-1-2020 9:01 AM
Schroder said:
@ Polanksioranldolivia-trice

Your knee jerk reaction is expected. You try to earn your wumao as usual by being defensive without giving any thought to whatever you post.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with Indians. Your narrow minded perception of the opportunities out there seems to be a choice of either India or China. Come on, the world is much bigger than India and China.

Now read the lead post again, and the one which followed. It's sound advice BECAUSE China is waaaaaaaaayyyy ahead of Singapore, and it is not every Singaporean who goes there who can TEACH the Chinese any sh.it. Do you follow?

In the past, like when I was working there in the 1980s, I was like an Emeritus Professor of Rocket Science. I was bilingual in English and the Mandarin dialect, I understood Confucian teachings better than they did, I understood Western Management Practices which they didn't. I had many advantages over them, while they had only one over me ===> they were able to recite the Little Red Book like a Chinese Koran, which I could not.

Always do a SWOT analysis before you make a career move. What strength does an average Singaporean have in 2020 and beyond which a Chinese lack? None. What opportunities are there for him? Few. The competition among even the Chinese themselves is already very keen, and the Singaporean shant stand a chance. You think you can read Chinese so you are good to go? You are damn wrong man. You think you studied Chinese Literature, you can recite Chinese poems, so you will settle there easily? The Chinese will tell you, you can stay in Malaysia, and teach the Chinese language in your "Chinese" schools. We don't need your Chinese language prowess man.

Happy Lunar New Year in advance.

like obagao, you aso very afraid mao jet tong may appear and tong your pee yan again?
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink's post
Laughing
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)