Delivery riders cite safety concerns if they were to use bicycles for work Read more
#61
10-11-2019 11:08 AM
teo said:
Easy money and lazy. What do u expect from them?

They like to wear cap, and it is very easy to identify them from afar by the cap on their head.
And terrible, they look like malay ah beng ah seng type...with green t shirt on.
I dont know they really working?
Or just apply for grab delivery, get free green t shirt, and ride pdm freely?
Or no money, then go deliver again?
Quote
#62
9-11-2019 8:33 PM
hfourhappy said:
[Image: 805042.jpeg]

SINGAPORE — Some food-delivery riders here who use electric scooters have voiced their safety concerns about plying the roads on bicycles or e-bikes, following the Government’s offer of grants for swopping their devices.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/de...ycles-work

Pedestrian cite safety concerns with them around. They should go jb to ride if they not happy with the ban thumbs up
It’s just one big farking world for one human kind.
Quote
#63
10-11-2019 11:11 AM
hfourhappy said:
They like to wear cap, and it is very easy to identify them from afar by the cap on their head.
And terrible, they look like malay ah beng ah seng type...with green t shirt on.
I dont know they really working?
Or just apply for grab delivery, get free green t shirt, and ride pdm freely?
Or no money, then go deliver again?

You can go become one if you have time. Mingle with them and find out. Then, publish your findings here for us . Thanks in advance.
Quote
#64
Probably that is their interest.
They like to do delivery.
Nothing wrong with that.
Quote
#65
10-11-2019 11:11 AM
hfourhappy said:
They like to wear cap, and it is very easy to identify them from afar by the cap on their head.
And terrible, they look like malay ah beng ah seng type...with green t shirt on.
I dont know they really working?
Or just apply for grab delivery, get free green t shirt, and ride pdm freely?
Or no money, then go deliver again?

Many of them, of all races, only studied up to GCE N level and don't stand a chance in the corporate world. 50 years on, they will be the next batch of poor retirees with very little CPF, and might have to work as condo security guards and be bullied.

I do have this much of a heart for the bottom 5%, but I do not condone their behaviour speeding away on footpaths or riding as if they are the KING of the footpath.

Once I was on my way to a shopping mall (to the supermarket) when I saw a GRAB pmd rider outside smoking. I went up to him and "advised" him to ride safely and took the opportunity to chat him up. He told me he dropped out of school since Secondary Two. He did not appear to be a violent, ready-to-start-a-fight type of young fellow, in fact, he looked like a good boy to me. Or maybe, it was my age and he saw the difference and showed me at least some respect and so, he thought he should be the listener and let me be the talker...whatever. He was a Malay by the way.
Quote
#66
10-11-2019 11:02 AM
hfourhappy said:
I am not being racist, if so, I apologised.
I observed probably 90% of the pmd riders are malays.
Why is that so?
And usually I see grab pdm riders are very young malays.
They cant find jobs working in office?
Or they simply not meant to work in the office?
I see them prefer to deliver things.
Even the post office delivery, also majority are malays.
Even office delivery boy also majority are malays.
Thinking
Not true. You see many PRCs do delivery at Chinatown
Quote
#67
10-11-2019 12:15 PM
AG2988 said:
Not true. You see many PRCs do delivery at Chinatown

Really?
Thanks for the information.
Quote
#68
10-11-2019 11:02 AM
hfourhappy said:
I am not being racist, if so, I apologised.
I observed probably 90% of the pmd riders are malays.
Why is that so?
And usually I see grab pdm riders are very young malays.
They cant find jobs working in office?
Or they simply not meant to work in the office?
I see them prefer to deliver things.
Even the post office delivery, also majority are malays.
Even office delivery boy also majority are malays.
Thinking

Must salute u to be so brave to dish out that mostly are Malays in the present sensitivity of races. Due to lack of high education they hv no other choices but to do such jobs to bring food onto the table. Our govt has no alternative but hv to look after their welfare n must not neglect them. They are our fellow citizens. They must not be short change vis - a-vis foreigners whose dubious paper qualifications get good jobs. The Malay community, the Indian community, the Chinese community united and fight for our on independence during LKY's time. Our govt owes all communities this debt.
Quote
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)


Forum Jump: