Duterte said the Philippines’ name should be changed to ‘Maharlika’
[Image: 701913.jpeg]

Duterte said the Philippines’ name should be changed to “Maharlika” which refers to nobles in the local language, reviving the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos’ proposal. Philippines is a reminder of the country’s colonial past, having been derived from Spain’s King Philip II, he said.

Senate President Tito Sotto, however, seemed cool to Duterte’s idea, which the lawmaker said may entail rewriting the Constitution identifying the Philippines as the country’s name.

“It will require too many changes,” he said in a mobile-phone message on Tuesday.

Duterte has also been pushing for changes to the nation’s charter, primarily to install a federal form of government.

“Someday, let’s change it,” Duterte said after distributing land titles in the mus.lim-majority southern province of Maguindanao. “Marcos was right. He wanted to change it to Maharlika, because that’s a Malay word which means more of a concept of serenity and peace.”..............

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast...dnLS9atBdc#
should change long over due. thumbs up
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post
“Maharlika" sound like "MaRiKiTa"
duterte getting too close to china, now he oso believe in fengshui.. want to change name
Big Grin Big Grin
How about change to "Senippilihp" ?
Should change it to SmellySlum
12-2-2019 5:31 PM
hfourhappy said:
“Maharlika" sound like "MaRiKiTa"

That was my first thought when I read the thread title. Big Grin
Change to Mahathir better lah
what goes around comes around
Philippines lots of patterns.
Fugg lah just remain penis-pine can what or the whoreland also can if not beggarwhore fit them nicely
PRC ktv* hostess once told me "台湾人无情, 香港人无义,新加坡人无稚" dance dance
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)