Govt unable to support old and elderly retirees, why must retirees support the Govt?
WHY do the govt need the support of old and elderly retirees?? They have the new imported trash like Remash to support them suffice. Remember Ah COW already asked the oldies go to JB Cool Cool Cool

29-10-2019 7:07 AM
sukhoi35 said:
If Singapore govt unable to support old and elderly retirees, why must retirees support the Govt?

I don't know why?

Can you please tell me..
You work for your retirement. That is how it has been all generations in this part of the world. If you want to live like those other countries that can retire with Government feeding, then one would have paid very high taxes, some more than 40% over their working life. Go join them and be happy if they allow you to join them now
29-10-2019 9:50 PM
MGSeow said:
You work for your retirement. That is how it has been all generations in this part of the world. If you want to live like those other countries that can retire with Government feeding, then one would have paid very high taxes, some more than 40% over their working life. Go join them and be happy if they allow you to join them now

Are you saying that you don't pay Income tax and GST at all?

For many years, I have been paying Income Tax between S$ 45K and S$ 60K yearly, what do you think I will get in return @ aged 65?
29-10-2019 9:32 PM
KC201719 said:
WHY do the govt need the support of old and elderly retirees?? They have the new imported trash like Remash to support them suffice. Remember Ah COW already asked the oldies go to JB Cool Cool Cool

Spending their time serving NS and reservist defending the country, older people should be rewarded in retirement because they've also spent all their lives paying taxes, raising children, and contributing to their community.

Instead, the govt left them in the cold.
IF elderly Singaporeans aged 65 and above cannot survive with $250 or $500 CPF payouts a month then, you have a choice to change the govt..

Tomorrow cannot be worse than today.
THEY JUST WANT THE FREE CHICKEN RICE! Laughing
30-10-2019 1:51 PM
Oda Tetsuro said:
THEY JUST WANT THE FREE CHICKEN RICE! Laughing

Whole nation waited 200 years bicentenary celebration just for 1000 packets of free chicken rice?

Shows how desperate?
Its already unfair to put the blame solely on our retirees aged 65 and above as a burden to future generations, and more so, for the Govt linking them to GST increased from 7% to 9%..

Why is DPM Heng so cruel and uncompassionate?
29-10-2019 12:38 PM
sdecww said:
I'm not sure how did they get this $1300+?
If everyone estimate it then those numbers is very subjective.

Yes, if they are staying with their children then should be around $500 more or less.
In general study should stay a individual. If any support from elswhere , it should consider as a bonus or blessing.
Life will become more meaningful.
29-10-2019 7:07 AM
sukhoi35 said:
If Singapore govt unable to support old and elderly retirees, why must retirees support the Govt?

I don't know why?

Can you please tell me..

Let me tell you then, the IMH doctor said you missed his appointment Laughing Laughing Laughing
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)