Grab Driver makes $912 a day ???
For once, just once, I will show you my actual earnings to clear any and all doubts once and for all. This is my gross earnings driving from 7 am till 9.30 am on Thurs, followed by 6 p.m till 11 pm. That's a total of 7.5 hours of driving for Thursday. On Fri morning, yesterday, I drove from 7 am till 9.30 am, followed by 6 pm till 2 a.m. That's a total of 10.5 hours of driving for Fri. In total, I drove 18 hours and earned a gross of $608. That's an average of $33 gross per hour.

If you deduct away my daily rental of $99 and my diesel costs of $80. My net earning is only $608-$278 = $330. The average net earnings per hour are only $18 per hour. On average we earn $1 for every km traveled but in my case, I was using the taxi to run some errands on both days.

There you have it, folks, the truth is finally out! My earning performance is your typical average performance of the average cabby. No cabby in SG is going to challenge or dispute my figures because they all know that this is the industry average.

[Image: RI3bZV3.jpg]

18-8-2018 7:05 AM
debono said:
Only the seasoned taxi drivers have the answer, and many are not telling the truth, for one reason or other.......
Bro, so you earn an average of $18 per hour?
1 day you earn about say 8 hours about $144?

18-8-2018 12:04 PM
STUKA76_DADDY said:
For once, just once, I will show you my actual earnings to clear any and all doubts once and for all. This is my gross earnings driving from 7 am till 9.30 am on Thurs, followed by 6 p.m. till 11 pm. That's a total of 7.5 hours of driving for Thursday. On Fri morning, yesterday, I drove from 7 am till 9.30 am, followed by 6 pm till 2 a.m. That's a total of 10.5 hours of driving for Fri. In total, I drove 18 hours and earned a gross of $608. That's an average of $33 gross per hour.

If you deduct away my daily rental of $99 and my diesel costs of $80. My net earning is only $608-$278 = $330. The average net earnings per hour are only $18 per hour.

There you have it, folks, the truth is finally out! My earning performance is your typical average performance of the average cabby. No cabby in SG is going to challenge or dispute my figures because they all know that this is the industry average.

[Image: RI3bZV3.jpg]
Yup. But I don't drive taxi for a living. I drive just to cover costs only. So I can be making a loss every month if it is left idle and my neighbour doesn't want to drive or cannot drive because his cancer-stricken wife is really one foot in the grave liao.

The point I am trying to make here is that driving taxi will put food on the table but it will not make you rich and I don't want Grab and the others to continue to scam others into thinking it is easy money. It is not easy money even with hard work. That's why I don't drive taxi for a living as I am allergic to hard work. I only drive in order to get out of the house as it is really unhealthy both physically and mentally to be cooped up at home all day running my online businesses.

18-8-2018 12:09 PM
hfourhappy said:
Bro, so you earn an average of $18 per hour?
1 day you earn about say 8 hours about $144?
50 litres can run 1250km on a prius.
$912 is gross before deducting any overhead costs.

True. Not wise to drive 24 hours straight. Its madness.

18-8-2018 6:03 AM
Mark8888 said:
Bro.. dun "Bull"...
How can u make $912 a day..
U if not deduct e 20% comm..
And a Full tank petrol let say 50 litres..
Will cost u $115 with 20% discount ($23)
= $92 that will run u 500km if is a Hybrid..
With 59 trips u need to pump full tank "Twice"
So how can u earn n not deduct e cost?
If u can drive 24hrs ? How many "Days" in a week can u Drive ? Tht will equal to everyday u Drive 14hrs..
So this is "Fake News" or Someone is doing Promotion or Advertisement ????
stuka, looks like u r doing well going by your info.
got time to rest too. a 5day week routine looks just right.
can a grab driver match that? i m curious.
To be frank, I think no one able to do that.
Goes without sleep ?
Cant lah.
Need to rest and sleep.

18-8-2018 12:12 PM
Black468 said:
50 litres can run 1250km on a prius.
$912 is gross before deducting any overhead costs.

True. Not wise to drive 24 hours straight. Its madness.
i mean if the 912 per day shot fella can do an alternate day driving
he cld be getting more than 60 70 grand or more per year for a 1 day work 1 day rest routine.
I buay tahan all the misinformation that has been circulated by Grab drivers with the support of Grab so I thought it is about time I put to rest all these scams by showing photo evidence of the actual earnings and the harsh reality of the nature of the job. A lot of people keep forgetting that even if you earned a lot today, this week or this month, the next day, week or month you cannot drive means all your past earnings wiped out liao. It is infinitely better to stick to a regular job and not drive for a living especially if you are well educated.

By the way, I am not driving today and tomorrow as I got other things to do and my relief driver not free to drive. So whatever profits I made the past 2 days already wiped out liao. Now you know why I declare $0 taxi earnings to IRAS because at the end of the day, I really earned $0 because I really just drive for fun.

18-8-2018 12:14 PM
menghuii said:
stuka, looks like u r doing well going by your info.
got time to rest too. a 5day week routine looks just right.
can a grab driver match that? i m curious.
The best is to have a constant steady income flow in when driving taxi.
Say everyday I earn min $80, I will go home and rest and next day start again.
900 is gross..
Net could be lesser because of Car loan installment, which is different from mortgage, where there's principal reduction component, car loan no such thing
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)