Gunman attacks worshippers at New Zealand mosque
15-3-2019 8:25 PM
amata said:
I believe this Aussie trash deliberately went to Christchurch to kill mus.lim people.

Lilkely he wanted to mean something.

The gunman cannot bear to see so many Muslims migrating to New Zealand, it makes his blood boil....... Surprised Surprised Surprised
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post
15-3-2019 8:18 PM
AliImran said:
Why do you like to jump the gun so much huh?

LOL

An eye for an eye is not justice. An eye for an eye is about justice. See the difference?

Even a Christian here liked your statement meaning he too agrees the biblical verse is about retaliation. The compassionate teachings of Jesus didn't get to him because he chose the harsher interpretation, ie retaliation instead of seeing the 'holding back retaliation' interpretation.

I would be surprised if any Christians who knows his Bible doesn't know an eye for an eye is all about retaliation and I would even be more surprised, nay, I would be appalled if he doens't know christianity had since moved away from the eye for an eye to turn the other cheek.

And what about you guys ?

still shrieking vengence is mine over a cartoon ?

and the best part is, the cartoon wasn't even insulting God. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes AhMoan's post
15-3-2019 8:50 PM
NumberCruncher said:
I know Jesus suggested a better way than “an eye for an eye”, and that is what matters to Christians. It is a harder, higher yardstick, which effectively makes “an eye for an eye” obsolete. Difficult though.

By the way, did God give you the right to judge me?

I'm sorry if you think I am judging you. I am not.

I ask you if you agree with Ah Moan coz you Liked his post.
AliImran said:
Why do you like to jump the gun so much huh?

LOL

An eye for an eye is not justice. An eye for an eye is about justice. See the difference?

I do not see how I've jumped the gun and I also don't see the difference, would you like to explain ?

and before you explain, I would like to jump the gun and say, when you cannot convince, you will try to confuse, as in this case.

You can prove me wrong by giving me a good explanation though, so go ahead and explain.
15-3-2019 9:04 PM
AhMoan said:
I would be surprised if any Christians who knows his Bible doesn't know an eye for an eye is all about retaliation and I would even be more surprised, nay, I would be appalled if he doens't know christianity had since moved away from the eye for an eye to turn the other cheek.

And what about you guys ?

still shrieking vengence is mine over a cartoon ?

and the best part is, the cartoon wasn't enough insulting God. Laughing

After more than a decade of knowing me online in forums, have you ever seen me do that 'shrieking vengeance' thing?

Are you one of those people who think that a meme on the internet showing raging Muslims is telling the truth about Muslims?

Let's agree to disagree on the 'eye for an eye' thing. I won't argue with you.
15-3-2019 9:09 PM
AliImran said:
After more than a decade of knowing me online in forums, have you ever seen me do that 'shrieking vengeance' thing?

Are you one of those people who think that a meme on the internet showing raging Muslims is telling the truth about Muslims?

Let's agree to disagree on the 'eye for an eye' thing. I won't argue with you.

The killing of a cartoonist by a mus.lim is true, no ?
15-3-2019 8:56 PM
debono said:
The gunman cannot bear to see so many Muslims migrating to New Zealand, it makes his blood boil....... Surprised Surprised Surprised

neither can you
15-3-2019 9:07 PM
AhMoan said:
I do not see how I've jumped the gun and I also don't see the difference, would you like to explain ?

and before you explain, I would like to jump the gun and say, when you cannot convince, you will try to confuse, as in this case.

You can prove me wrong by giving me a good explanation though, so go ahead and explain.

It is simple. I've explained it to you earlier.

If you take my eye, I can take your eye, at most. If I take more than your eye, I am going beyond the bounds of justice God has stipulated. Many people would want to do that, losing patience and extract more than what is just. So a rule is put in place, an eye for an eye.

And as pointed out by NumberCruncher, the verse teaches us to withhold anger. And BW even expounded on that teaching of the biblical verse quoted by NumberCruncher.
15-3-2019 9:11 PM
AhMoan said:
The killing of a cartoonist by a mus.lim is true, no ?

Okay. True.

What's your point?
15-3-2019 9:04 PM
AliImran said:
I'm sorry if you think I am judging you. I am not.

I ask you if you agree with Ah Moan coz you Liked his post.

Yes, the act was extremely judgmental, smack of arrogance and self-righteousness. You accused me of missing Jesus’ compassionate teaching, when He no longer advocates “an eye for an eye”. Please read your statement below again.

AliImran said:
Even a Christian here liked your statement meaning he too agrees the biblical verse is about retaliation. The compassionate teachings of Jesus didn't get to him because he chose the harsher interpretation, ie retaliation instead of seeing the 'holding back retaliation' interpretation.

While I accept your apology this time, please refrain from making any such accusations in future.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)