Heng Swee Keat proffered brave but ultimately empty words
#1
[Image: 701236.jpeg]

In the Straits Times today (9 Feb), Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat was quoted as saying that “if the lapse shows that the leader has been slack, negligent or incompetent, then serious consequences must follow, including removal”.

Those seem like brave words. But unfortunately, they were also empty ones.

There are way too many examples of current PAP Ministers demonstrating high levels of incompetency and slackness. I will just give 4 diverse examples to show how things have screwed up big time under various PAP Ministers and MPs who are still sitting rock solid in their fat-salaried political appointments.

Firstly, it emerged that the ex-GM of AMK Town Council Victor Wong was on the take for about 2 years in a constituency comprising 6 PAP MPs, including one junior minister and PM Lee himself. Until today, despite widespread financial losses suffered by AMK residents, none of those 6 MPs faced any serious consequences.

Next, Khaw Boon Wan who is currently the Transport Minister must be severely chastised. In fairness, overall rail reliability has somewhat improved in recent times. Looking back however, over many years with nincompoop paper general Desmond Kuek at the helm of SMRT and under Khaw’s watch, disruptions were aplenty and unreliability became a mainstay of affairs.

More at https://tinyurl.com/y3mur8x7
[+] 3 users Like serinagoddess's post
Quote
#2
10-2-2019 2:22 PM
serinagoddess said:
In the Straits Times today (9 Feb), Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat was quoted as saying that “if the lapse shows that the leader has been slack, negligent or incompetent, then serious consequences must follow, including removal”.

Those seem like brave words. But unfortunately, they were also empty ones.

There are way too many examples of current PAP Ministers demonstrating high levels of incompetency and slackness. I will just give 4 diverse examples to show how things have screwed up big time under various PAP Ministers and MPs who are still sitting rock solid in their fat-salaried political appointments.

Firstly, it emerged that the ex-GM of AMK Town Council Victor Wong was on the take for about 2 years in a constituency comprising 6 PAP MPs, including one junior minister and PM Lee himself. Until today, despite widespread financial losses suffered by AMK residents, none of those 6 MPs faced any serious consequences.

Next, Khaw Boon Wan who is currently the Transport Minister must be severely chastised. In fairness, overall rail reliability has somewhat improved in recent times. Looking back however, over many years with nincompoop paper general Desmond Kuek at the helm of SMRT and under Khaw’s watch, disruptions were aplenty and unreliability became a mainstay of affairs.

More at https://tinyurl.com/y3mur8x7

Adding to this, mas selamat escape from a highly guarded prison is a disgrace to the Nation.
[+] 2 users Like gemstar's post
Quote
#3
No ministers stepped down as usual ...
We can see now they have become very bolder and go even extreme ...



.



10-2-2019 2:27 PM
gemstar said:
Adding to this, mas selamat escape from a highly guarded prison is a disgrace to the Nation.
Our teacher says this :

" Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. "

.
Quote
#4
10-2-2019 2:29 PM
wallstreetraider said:
No ministers stepped down as usual ...
We can see now they have become very bolder and go even extreme ...



.

Handling the Little India riots, I am speechless n can only shake my head in disgust.
Quote
#5
10-2-2019 2:29 PM
wallstreetraider said:
No ministers stepped down as usual ...
We can see now they have become very bolder and go even extreme ...



.

With so many incidents that mar our nation, there is still no one being displaced. The Mas Selamat and the Little India incidents are good examples. I hope minister Heng Swee Kiat, will do a better job than Pinky, is rewarding the hard working and loyal citizens here when he becomes the next PM. Many are awaiting the good news on the Merdaka Generation package, and can only hope it is a good one, and that it will make a difference from what he are getting now......... notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post
Quote
#6
Hoping for change, change will never come.
It is better to change it through our vote.
[+] 1 user Likes kgliangp's post
Quote
#7
10-2-2019 3:00 PM
debono said:
With so many incidents that mar our nation, there is still no one being displaced. The Mas Selamat and the Little India incidents are good examples. I hope minister Heng Swee Kiat, will do a better job than Pinky, is rewarding the hard working and loyal citizens here when he becomes the next PM. Many are awaiting the good news on the Merdaka Generation package, and can only hope it is a good one, and that it will make a difference from what he are getting now......... notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy
Mark my words. Hsk is an exemplary talk cock and sing song type of minister. He appear don't offend but don't do much either.
Quote
#8
Another yes man
Quote
#9
说的比唱的好听。
Leader needs to be lead by example.
笨拙的人讲道理,聪明的人说故事。
Quote
#10
Quote:In the Straits Times today (9 Feb), Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat was quoted as saying that “if the lapse shows that the leader has been slack, negligent or incompetent, then serious consequences must follow, including removal”.

How about Aloy case?
Why top still holding to the job comfortably?
Quote
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)


Forum Jump: