Hi guys,can U advise whether a low income M/C operator can afford retirement at 62?
11-7-2019 4:14 PM
lauren said:
thru what i see and hear, i think in order to retire comfortably, you need to have a spare property. look at how hdb flat's lease being returned for cash, you can roughly gauge that having at least two properties is key to comfy retirement.

I think the last resort is to rent out one or two room , to get monthly rental of about $1k plus is more than enough for two (hubby and wife).
[+] 1 user Likes hfourhappy's post
Save money, pcc thumbs up
立春养生有妙方,贴心与你来分享,多吃黑豆防过敏,红茶提神养胃棒,海带排骨煲靓汤,美容养颜效独到,祛湿常食玉米粥,油菜韭菜护肝忙。温馨关怀已送上,愿你快乐又安康!
rent the whole flat or apt better, no privacy intrusion.
we have to gothru mindset evolution, to save the country, to build a red army, to support our citizen rule and orderthru EP for public interest..to resist us imperial system. Laughing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Red_Army
Citizen Power Game for Citizens to work together to Build a New Social System.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/singapor...apore-f24/
11-7-2019 7:53 AM
hfourhappy said:
Hi Mr Tan, it will be even better if my children can pay my pub and phone bills , the $200 for meals.
Actually $50 per week meal is probably more than enough for me.
I am not those who like to shop and buy things.
I am happy if I am able to survive and have saving and cash, enough liao.
Don't need to stay in condo or have car or go overseas holidays.
Contented.

You’re a simple and contented fella all right! Neither a spendthrift nor a greedy materialist, which is good if you aren’t loaded and need to work for an honest wage and save money so that you can have adequate savings in your twilight years. Thrift and exercising prudence with your finances are virtues widely extolled.

The health benefits of exercise and eating right were also extolled by you although you’re not a fitness fanatic. Actually, we just need to use a bit of common sense in how to take care of ourselves – sleep an adequate number of hours at night, eat the right amount of good quality, healthy foods, find a way and the time to get plenty of exercise, and laugh a lot because it relieves stress. Big smile
8-7-2019 11:14 PM
Honestboy said:
any reason why he doesn’t want to go aircond servicing, Insurance Agent and etc?

For many people, “machine operator” conjures up images of an unskilled, lowly-paid worker doing the repetitious chore of manning a machine without having to cudgel their brains.

Did you realise that there’s a broad spectrum of machine operators ranging from the lowly production operators to the highly skilled CNC machinist who operates a computerized machine to turn, mill or grind pieces of metal to precise dimensions or shapes?

The job requires specialized skills, and the machines along with other types of cutting-edge machines with advanced features are found in precision engineering firms. The operators of these machines often have to execute mental acrobatics in the course of their work unlike their unskilled counterparts who simply press machine buttons. And they draw salaries comparable with those of other experienced tradesmen like electricians, motor mechanics and air-con technicians.

Asking unskilled operators to make a switch to another trade that requires complicated mental acrobatics may not be a good idea, considering many of them are poorly educated and have little aptitude for skilled work. As long as they’re content with doing simple chores and drawing some of the lowest wages in the country, let them be!
[+] 1 user Likes SIMTAN's post
11-7-2019 4:14 PM
lauren said:
thru what i see and hear, i think in order to retire comfortably, you need to have a spare property. look at how hdb flat's lease being returned for cash, you can roughly gauge that having at least two properties is key to comfy retirement.

12-7-2019 4:51 PM
lauren said:
rent the whole flat or apt better, no privacy intrusion.

Exactly! Having 2 properties is better than one -- one to reside in, the other to earn passive income. And oh yes, people hate sharing a flat – they never get any privacy. So it’s better to rent the whole flat instead of a room which will result in an invasion of your privacy.

Now who doesn’t know living in a bungalow is infinitely better than a flat? But where to get Vitamin M? Laughing
11-7-2019 7:50 AM
p1acebo said:
Wise advice indeed. Always plan ahead.

Readers will always listen to prudent advice, haha.
[+] 1 user Likes SIMTAN's post
13-7-2019 1:20 AM
SIMTAN said:
You’re a simple and contented fella all right! Neither a spendthrift nor a greedy materialist, which is good if you aren’t loaded and need to work for an honest wage and save money so that you can have adequate savings in your twilight years. Thrift and exercising prudence with your finances are virtues widely extolled.

The health benefits of exercise and eating right were also extolled by you although you’re not a fitness fanatic. Actually, we just need to use a bit of common sense in how to take care of ourselves – sleep an adequate number of hours at night, eat the right amount of good quality, healthy foods, find a way and the time to get plenty of exercise, and laugh a lot because it relieves stress. Big smile

Thanks Mr Tan.
I don't really spend a lot only necessary things.
Even my mobile are 2nd or 3rd hand, my kids bought new mobile, I use their old mobile.
Happy
13-7-2019 1:39 AM
SIMTAN said:
For many people, “machine operator” conjures up images of an unskilled, lowly-paid worker doing the repetitious chore of manning a machine without having to cudgel their brains.

Did you realise that there’s a broad spectrum of machine operators ranging from the lowly production operators to the highly skilled CNC machinist who operates a computerized machine to turn, mill or grind pieces of metal to precise dimensions or shapes?

The job requires specialized skills, and the machines along with other types of cutting-edge machines with advanced features are found in precision engineering firms. The operators of these machines often have to execute mental acrobatics in the course of their work unlike their unskilled counterparts who simply press machine buttons. And they draw salaries comparable with those of other experienced tradesmen like electricians, motor mechanics and air-con technicians.

Asking unskilled operators to make a switch to another trade that requires complicated mental acrobatics may not be a good idea, considering many of them are poorly educated and have little aptitude for skilled work. As long as they’re content with doing simple chores and drawing some of the lowest wages in the country, let them be!

Agreed with your statement Mr Tan.
We need to stay healthy at all times.
Yes it is difficult to push oneself to go brisk walking or jogging or swimming, our mind auto shut it off and auto remind us to stay at home shake leg and laze in the sofa or bed. Crying
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)