I will never send my kid to a neighbourhood school !!!!!
[Image: 780411.jpeg]

I am a trainer who have been around and across Singapore to train students and teachers. All school are good schools? Definitely no. Government schools will rarely surpass the elite, highly established ones.

Student population (secondary schools)

Better (well known) schools still maintain a higher PSLE score requirement before admission. Literally, a good school will feature smarter kids. When I mean smart, I am talking about how well they cope with studies. They have stronger self discipline and motivation regarding learning as a whole. Which leads to my next point. Government/neighbourhood kids can get really rowdy. Some spouting strings of vulgarities faster than you can even bring yourself to understand them. Very often their intellect are misdirected and they spend their time being an annoyance to the rest of the group. This therefore results in very disrupted learning.

Quality of teaching staff

Your students are smart, they learn things fast; besides teachers are also specially selected. They are quite often, the best of the bunch or former students (alumni). With prior knowledge of the school culture, these teachers are just adult versions of their students assuming a supervisory role. Government school teachers on the other hand are often swamped with multiple (at times possibly inexplicable) responsibilities and consequently feel less attached to their jobs.

Alumni

A well known school typically has a huge and largely successful alumni that can be tapped on for resources and networking purposes. Members of these alumni still actively engage the school and organize events on a regular basis. This link-up is a good way for the students to establish an even stronger alliance of contacts for the future. A government school would not have access to such a luxury. Some even merge with other institutions or even shut down altogether, thus resulting in an alumni that is small in size and much more apathetic.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/...id-to.html
So how elite then is considered elite school?
By cut off point?
By awards?
By history?
By line up of famous alumni?
By category - sap, independent, autonomous?
9-9-2019 10:19 PM
clarity said:
I am a trainer who have been around and across Singapore to train students and teachers. All school are good schools? Definitely no. Government schools will rarely surpass the elite, highly established ones.

Better (well known) schools still maintain a higher PSLE score requirement before admission. Literally, a good school will feature smarter kids. When I mean smart, I am talking about how well they cope with studies. They have stronger self discipline and motivation regarding learning as a whole. Which leads to my next point. Government/neighbourhood kids can get really rowdy. Some spouting strings of vulgarities faster than you can even bring yourself to understand them. Very often their intellect are misdirected and they spend their time being an annoyance to the rest of the group. This therefore results in very disrupted learning.

Your students are smart, they learn things fast; besides teachers are also specially selected. They are quite often, the best of the bunch or former students (alumni). With prior knowledge of the school culture, these teachers are just adult versions of their students assuming a supervisory role. Government school teachers on the other hand are often swamped with multiple (at times possibly inexplicable) responsibilities and consequently feel less attached to their jobs.

Alumni

A well known school typically has a huge and largely successful alumni that can be tapped on for resources and networking purposes. Members of these alumni still actively engage the school and organize events on a regular basis. This link-up is a good way for the students to establish an even stronger alliance of contacts for the future. A government school would not have access to such a luxury. Some even merge with other institutions or even shut down altogether, thus resulting in an alumni that is small in size and much more apathetic.

Smack of elitist thinking. All school are equal as long as the principal is results driven. One neighborhood secondary school has been producing "O" level graduates with consistently high "O" level score and they are able to enter good JCs.

On the other hand, I know of some well known secondary schools who required their students to take tuition and if their score falls below certain level they are asked to leave the school. In another school, the students go to the extend of denying / sabotaging their fellow students by hoarding popular library books and some even lifted some pages from those books. Are these good schools?
9-9-2019 10:19 PM
clarity said:
[Image: 780411.jpeg]

Alumni

Dont send kids to elite schools ,else becum stupiq like my elder son
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
9-9-2019 10:44 PM
EXBB said:

“Stupid” like how???
9-9-2019 10:51 PM
Raphael05 said:
“Stupid” like how???

stupig like exbabu himself la....... Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes hotrock's post
9-9-2019 10:56 PM
hotrock said:
stupig like exbabu himself la....... Laughing

Ok I understand liao.. haha
9-9-2019 10:44 PM
EXBB said:

Yr son is doctor right ? thumbs up
My son studied in a neighbourhood school after coming back from Australia, guess what? he ended up in RI. Laughing thumbs up It was a big surprise to me, I never expected him to do so well in A level. Rolling on the flor laughing
PRC Falungong Commie Hanjians (Stuka76_Doggie, The Dogfather, SAMSENGKIA, p1acebo, Obamao, tiunelomo, century, rat28, Schroder, MrMarket, Cory, ola, PervertoSan, OLT)

[Image: dogsbarking.gif]
9-9-2019 11:30 PM
lvlrsSTI said:
My son studied in a neighbourhood school after coming back from Australia, guess what? he ended up in RI. Laughing thumbs up It was a big surprise to me, I never expected him to do so well in A level. Rolling on the flor laughing

Home environment played a very important role in a child's development as well
[+] 1 user Likes stinv's post
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)