Jialat !!! Malaysia looking for cheap loan !!
14-6-2018 12:11 AM
talkingsmart said:
Borrow from B to pay A then borrow from C to pay B?

I think it's most probably borrowing at lower interest rates to pay off those loans with higher interest rates.
14-6-2018 7:53 AM
Levin said:
I think it's most probably borrowing at lower interest rates to pay off those loans with higher interest rates.

And end up paying more when ringgit depreciates against yen! Rolling on the flor laughing
14-6-2018 7:53 AM
Levin said:
But currencies have many brands. Yen has yen-carry trades. A whole set of problems.
Of cos if Mad can perform and pay less in RM. Good lah.
There is also the possibility of Malaysia is a coyok case and any brand will do.
One time lucky with capital control, does not mean you r tinkuakua.

A currency with low int. does not mean you can pay easily. Burden of debts might be different.
Once u r in the zero domain, every having of bond int. rate, burden of debts iincrease 100%.
13-6-2018 11:18 PM
EXBB said:
Surprised run !!!

Ah kong, elaborate more please why cheap loan.
M'sia is still a 3rd world country thus entitlted to export credit and special treatment eith standby credit or govt loans.
There are numerous hedging and financial engineering opportunities especially if Dr M is able to get concession treatment by Japan.
Something for Singaporeans to judge in next 2 years..
How many top leaders of the world will visit / or inviting Dr M and how many will visit / or inviting PM Lee?

We can start counting down from today..ended 13 June 2020.
The days for cheap loan is over.
13-6-2018 11:18 PM
EXBB said:
Surprised run !!!

walaneh! shock
Bro, they need AhLong or not leh? Thinking
Maybe I can help them to recommend lah! Worried
FED just hiked interest rates last night. ECB this afternoon will likely hike too.

Mahathir is still living in the delusion of his heydays when he could get sub-1% loans from Japan. But that was the beginning of BOJ's easing cycle which lasted till now (about 20 years ago).

The world of leadership really has no room for old fools. Malaysia is in deep_shit.

When the euphoria of a new government runs out …….. widespread disgruntlement will follow.
PAP is the best !
Everybody luvs PAP !
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)