Lawrence kena flak from Bee Wah
On one hand introduce extreme cooling measures while on the other, wanting to allow short term stay.

Short term stay has been shown that it increases the resale value of properties substantially, where short term stay are allowed. That is existing property owners huat big big.

At this present moment, there are 30,000-40,000 unoccupied apartments in Singapore, short term stay may help to absorb these surpluses but alot depends on location and ease of transport for the tourists.

My views are that instead of trying to control supply and demand (eg. the failure taxi regulation that a taxi has to do how many hundreds of kilometres per month - now abandoned after private hire vehicle was introduced) instead of letting market forces dictates supply and demand through surge pricing and discounts.

If allowed, if there are more supply of short-term stay housing, rates hence prices will come down. Remember bubble tea?

It is better to market find it own equilibrium rather than try to force a result.

Short-Term Stay brings in tourists and for each additional tourist:
Universal Studio - $109 / person
Gardens by the Bay - $28 / person - 2 domes
Singapore Flyer - $35 / person
Mandai Zoo / River Safari / Night Safari - $58 / person

In general, about $200 per tourist for admission tickets, excluding food, shopping, transport, etc.

One may asked, what about our hotels? In certain countries where short term stay are allowed, hotels are now offering or in the process of offering short-term stay in housing units.
Mr Wong said the authorities have studied the phenomenon in other property markets and realised that they “put an upward pressure” on these prices.
Waaaa ... wet market ah soh Bee Wah must have a lot of condos not tenanted out

PRC ktv* hostess once told me "台湾人无情, 香港人无义,新加坡人无稚" dance
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post
11-7-2018 10:03 PM
sudoku said:
On one hand introduce extreme cooling measures while on the other, wanting to allow short term stay.

Short term stay has been shown that it increases the resale value of properties substantially, where short term stay are allowed. That is existing property owners huat big big.

At this present moment, there are 30,000-40,000 unoccupied apartments in Singapore, short term stay may help to absorb these surpluses but alot depends on location and ease of transport for the tourists.

My views are that instead of trying to control supply and demand (eg. the failure taxi regulation that a taxi has to do how many hundreds of kilometres per month - now abandoned after private hire vehicle was introduced) instead of letting market forces dictates supply and demand through surge pricing and discounts.

If allowed, if there are more supply of short-term stay housing, rates hence prices will come down. Remember bubble tea?

It is better to market find it own equilibrium rather than try to force a result.

Short-Term Stay brings in tourists and for each additional tourist:
Universal Studio - $109 / person
Gardens by the Bay - $28 / person - 2 domes
Singapore Flyer - $35 / person
Mandai Zoo / River Safari / Night Safari - $58 / person

In general, about $200 per tourist for admission tickets, excluding food, shopping, transport, etc.

One may asked, what about our hotels? In certain countries where short term stay are allowed, hotels are now offering or in the process of offering short-term stay in housing units.

This is a good question put forward by Lee Bee Hwa........it is such a contraversy.....
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post
11-7-2018 10:07 PM
debono said:
This is a good question put forward by Lee Bee Hwa........it is such a contraversy.....

As I suggested, she may have many units unrented out ..... Sibor cumming too ...

Which existing home owner doesn't want to see his property value goes up?

Only HDB is working very hard to bring to near zero value for lease with little lease period left.
11-7-2018 10:06 PM
Tangsen said:
Waaaa ... wet market ah soh Bee Wah must have a lot of condos not tenanted out

walaneh! shock
Jamban Soh kana complained by so many residents ah, bro! Worried
[Image: pvougVS.jpg]
Hotels providing short-term stay in residential housing estate.
The whites thieves will not allow AirBnB ..... simple hard to collect tax Big Grin

11-7-2018 10:08 PM
Tangsen said:
As I suggested, she may have many units unrented out ..... Sibor cumming too ...

If I am not wrong, she owns a civil/structural engineering consultancy company........
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)