Man eats leftovers in coffeeshops
19-7-2019 9:09 AM
hfourhappy said:
Saw one man around 60 plus, his clothing and short very dirty, carrying a plastic bag with water and straw...no shoes, scavenging for left over foods around the hawker center, once saw this old man, lift up the bowl of only soup and drink it....

Current PA P must be proud of 3rd World Country and UNESCO Hawker Centre like that.

They should set a law for all Tourists to eat food in Left Over Bowls & Plates in Hawker Centres.
. . . . . {No Quota nor levy, no 7 tight criteria on Employment Pass means that all types of slight FTs can replace citizens anytime anywhere. }
If ever I encounter such destitute I'll offer them my meal. Happy
only blur like sotong emperor kid brother, sotong emperor more blurrer
[+] 1 user Likes SotongOngTee's post
18-7-2019 3:35 PM
Schroder said:
The sight of a crumbled tissue paper with red and brown stains on top of the leftover food in the plate is enough to send chills down the spine.

They say beggars can’t be choosers. In this case, however, the scavenger rummaging around the the tables of the hawker centre for leftovers will pass over this plate of food with the tissue paper nonchalantly and look for more presentable leftover meals.

Unsightly leftover food, which is likely to be unpalatable also, won’t give seasoned scavengers the chills, but it’ll totally disgust us all who have edible food in abundance – that’s something to be thankful for. The very thought of munching on leftover food gives us the creeps!
19-7-2019 8:23 PM
SotongOngTee said:

That's very kind of you. In all my born days, I’ve seen only two instances of food scavengers in public food centres. I believe it’s not often that we get to see such freeloaders these days. Maybe the whole issue has been blown out of all proportion.
Economy is bad & sliding downhill...more cases will be observed in the coming days, weeks & months!
Register for my Stockmarket Seminar 2018. PM for details
19-7-2019 7:43 PM
Ola said:
Current PA P must be proud of 3rd World Country and UNESCO Hawker Centre like that.

They should set a law for all Tourists to eat food in Left Over Bowls & Plates in Hawker Centres.

they should market to tourists that
there is such thing as free lunch in this world. Laughing
19-7-2019 8:23 PM
SotongOngTee said:

Once in a while, I will also encounter such folks in the coffee shop. So far, those who I have met are polite and will ask whether they can have the leftover before bringing the plate to another table and quietly continue with the meal. I do offer to buy them a new meal and most of them declined and say they are contended with what is available.

In my opinion, I have more respect for these folks than those who tried to hard sell stuff like key chains in the name of charity.
[+] 2 users Like blueWater's post
We should help if they want to have a meal.
Help them buy whatever they want to eat.
But not give them money.
20-7-2019 11:46 AM
blueWater said:
Once in a while, I will also encounter such folks in the coffee shop. So far, those who I have met are polite and will ask whether they can have the leftover before bringing the plate to another table and quietly continue with the meal. I do offer to buy them a new meal and most of them declined and say they are contended with what is available.

In my opinion, I have more respect for these folks than those who tried to hard sell stuff like key chains in the name of charity.

Occasionally encounter some asking for a $ or two for bus fare or meal, would rather be conned than be in denial. Worried
only blur like sotong emperor kid brother, sotong emperor more blurrer
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)