Music from Levin's Music Lists
Continuing yesterday's trend of posting songs that did not enter the Billboard Hot 100.

Loving Strangers by Russian Red.

Russian Red is not Russian. She's Spanish and her name is Lourdes Hernández González. The name Russian Red comes from the colour of a lipstick that Hernández herself usually wears.

I first listened to the song when I saw the movie, Room in Rome. Very appropriate song for the movie as the movie is about a lesbian trying to get a straight woman whom she just met to have a relationship with her and they end up in a room in Rome.

The movie starred Natalia "Natasha" Yarovenko (Наталія (Наташа) Яровенко) and Elena Anaya Gutiérrez. Yarovenko is a Ukrainian born actress and model residing in Spain. Gutiérrez is a Spanish actress.

I like the movie and find it to be very artistic as it incorporates paintings, artistic interiors and a beautiful song into the movie. Yarovenko even did a Venus de Milo pose (posing like the Venus de Milo sculpture) in the movie. It helps that both women are good looking and nu.de a lot of the time Big Grin.

The movie is actually filmed in Madrid, not in Rome.
Angel by Sarah McLachlan

Posting her song since I mentioned her earlier here: https://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-Music-fro...pid3678256

The song is about the heroin overdose death of Jonathan Melvoin (1961–1996), the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player.

The song peaked at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1999.
wah u really study very indepth into these songs.

thumbs up thumbs up
1979 by Smashing Pumpkins

Album version:

Posting a song from the band since I mentioned them in the previous post.

The song was written as a nostalgic coming of age story by frontman Billy Corgan. In the year 1979, Corgan was 12 and this is what he considered his transition into adolescence.

Corgan worked nonstop after the Siamese Dream tour and wrote about 56 songs for the next album, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the last of which was "1979". As the Mellon Collie sessions came to a conclusion, "1979" (which evolved out of a demo called "Strolling") was just a couple of chord changes and a snippet of a melody without words.

When the time came to choose the songs that were to appear on the album, producer Flood (Mark Ellis) said that "1979" was "not good enough" and wanted to drop it from the record. This, however, inspired Corgan to finish it in four hours.

The next day, Flood heard "1979" once and decided immediately to put it on the album. Corgan considers "1979" the most personally important song on Mellon Collie.

Song was released in 1996 and peaked at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan

Another song from her.

The song first appeared on the soundtrack for the movie The Brothers McMullen in 1995 and was released the same year, when it peaked at number 65 on the US Billboard Hot 100.

In 1999 McLachlan released the live version of the song from Mirrorball; this release peaked at number 14 in the United States on July 20, 1999.

The live version went Gold in the United States and earned McLachlan her second Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2000.

This is one of those songs that charted twice on Billboard Hot 100 by the same artist.
The Twist by Chubby Checker

Another song by the same singer that entered the Billboard Hot 100 twice. It is also the only song to hit number 1 in both its runs. Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" had done so on Billboard's earlier chart.

The song was written and originally released in early 1959 by Hank Ballard and the Midnighters. Ballard's version was a moderate 1960 hit, peaking at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Hank Ballard's guitarist, Midnighters member Cal Green, said they picked up the general idea of the song from Brother Joe Wallace of the gospel group The Sensational Nightingales, whose position and its associated image concerns prevented him from recording the song himself. Midnighters' member Lawson Smith recalled the authorship of "The Twist" differently, that The Sensational Nightingales' Nathaniel Bills wrote the song instead.

Chubby Checker's 1960 cover version of the song gave birth to the Twist dance craze. His single became a hit, reaching number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1960 and setting a record as the only song to reach number 1 in two different hit parade runs when it resurfaced and topped the popular hit parade again in 1962.

d-ck Clark, host of the national American Bandstand, attempted to book Ballard to perform on the show. Ballard was unavailable, and Clark searched for a local artist to record the song. He settled on Checker, whose voice was very similar to Ballard's. Exposure for the song on American Bandstand and on The d-ck Clark Saturday Night Show helped propel the song to the top of the American charts.

"The Twist" held the honor of being the number-one song on its "Hot 100 50th Anniversary" list of "The Billboard All-Time Hot 100 Top Songs in the first 50 years of the Hot 100 chart. It has retained this honor in re-tabulated lists released by Billboard in 2013, 2015 and for the "Hot 100 60th Anniversary" chart of Billboard's All-Time Hot 100 Top 600 Songs.

The song is ranked number 451 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
So long winded...can tell us how to enjoy the song in short short or not? Crying
I've had everything but still not able to feel truly happy.
Until i saw “ordinary” is the only answer to true happiness.

快乐好比一只蝴蝶,你若伸手去捉它,往往会落空;但如果你静静地坐下来,它反而会在你身上停留。
8-10-2019 12:50 PM
7Best said:
thumbs up

Winking

尹光,原名吕明光,是香港著名的歌手,一代民众经典、有“?>庙街歌王”之称,香港高胡大师冯华的徒弟(一代宗师吕文成的契仔),在越南长大,其父亲是粤剧迷,开设戏剧院常推荐省港剧团到越南为华侨演出,耳濡目染使尹光从小就喜爱粤剧粤曲,歌唱事业超过50年...

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E5%B0%B9%E5%85%89/3874290
I've had everything but still not able to feel truly happy.
Until i saw “ordinary” is the only answer to true happiness.

快乐好比一只蝴蝶,你若伸手去捉它,往往会落空;但如果你静静地坐下来,它反而会在你身上停留。
8-10-2019 12:45 PM
7Best said:
So long winded...can tell us how to enjoy the song in short short or not? Crying

levin enjoy foreplay la.. u tink everyone like u ah? strip off immediately and pump pump pump

Big Grin Big Grin
8-10-2019 12:45 PM
7Best said:

Huh? You can just click the video and ignore the words mah. You can control that right?
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)