Music from Levin's Music Lists
These Dreams by Heart

Song was written by Martin Page and Bernie Taupin, long-time collaborator of Elton John.

Song topped the Billboard Hot 100 in 1986. This song has lead vocals by guitarist, Nancy Wilson, instead of lead vocalist, Ann Wilson.

Heart started out as a folk rock group in 1972 or 1973 (the band actually started in 1969 but was named "The Army". Then it changed its name to "White Heart" and then to "Hocus Pocus" and then finally, "Heart")

Heart did a glam metal makeover in mid-80s which yielded 3 successful albums and 7 top 10 hits (they only had 2 top 10 hits before then).

Heart is my favourite rock group fronted by woman/women and this song is my favourite song from Heart.
Another song on dreams.

Another song from a rock band fronted by a woman.

Dreams by Irish rock band The Cranberries

Song was written by lead singer Dolores O'Riordan and lead guitarist Noel Hogan.

Released in 1992 (released in Ireland in 1990), song only hit 42 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1994 even though the radios there kind of like the song (it hit 33 on Mainstream Top 40). My guess is that sales was not that great in USA back then. The Cranberries was never extremely popular in USA and has only 1 top 10 hit there. They don't even have a top 10 hit in UK but fared much better elsewhere in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

An acoustic version of the song was released in 2017 and hit #16 on the US Digital Song Sales chart.

Note that the MV here is the second version. There are 3 versions.

O'Riordan passed away on 15 January 2018. She had drowned in her hotel room's bathtub due to sedation by alcohol poisoning.
Don't Dream It's Over by Australian rock band Crowded House

The song was written by band frontman Neil Finn, a New Zealander.

Song peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1987.

In May 2001, the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) celebrated its 75th anniversary by naming the Best New Zealand and Best Australian songs of all time, as decided by APRA members and an industry panel. "Don't Dream It's Over" was ranked second on the New Zealand list and seventh on the Australian list.
All I Have to Do Is Dream by the Everly Brothers

Song was written by written by Boudleaux Bryant.

The most famous version of the song is the one by the Everly Brothers released in 1958. It was the only single ever to be at No. 1 on all of the Billboard singles charts simultaneously, on June 2, 1958. This was before the Billboard Hot 100 chart was created in August 1958.

The song is ranked No. 141 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

It was named one of the "500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll" by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and received the Grammy Hall of Fame Award in 2004.
River of Dreams by Billy Joel

Song was written by Billy Joel.

Peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1993.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)