My Ex Boss is now a Grab Driver!
hi STUKA76_DADDY,

What is an estimate of his salary during his hey-days as your ex-boss?

$200k should not be a big sum for someone of his job title and age.

19-7-2019 10:54 AM
STUKA76_DADDY said:
Just now as I was walking back to my flat after buying breakfast, someone called out my name and when I turned around, I saw my ex-boss waving at me from his Pte Hire vehicle (Toyota Vios) as he is now a Grab driver. Surprised He voluntarily filed for bankruptcy 1.5 years ago because he was unable to repay his $200K credit cards bills which he incurred because of gambling and from fathering a son with his 36 yrs old Vietcong mistress and trying to maintain 2 families at the same time. dizzy He was running a property management company as the boss and I was doing ad hoc project work for him every now and then as we had known each other for 21 years.

Treeswing
19-7-2019 2:11 PM
Napoleon BohLumPar said:
salah liao...................if nasty boss, then must belittle him till he commit suicide............... thumbs up

Damn merciful leh...

Should scum him so he borrow further sum and invest in your get rich scheme lah...
Bro, I suspect my ex-Boss feels that Pte Hire drivers are a class above cabbies even though many Pte Hire drivers are former cabbies. I think he wants a little bit of whatever remaining face he has left among his friends and social circles even though that is self-delusion. That is why I didn't suggest it to him as I may come across as being preachy.

Treeswing

19-7-2019 2:45 PM
p1acebo said:
Bro, why you never ask him to convert to taxi driver? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes STUKA76_DADDY's post
Yup. You are spot on, Bro. He told me he paid himself a $180-$200K salary during his heydays when his company was doing really well. I remembered him telling me 2 years ago he was very sore that his secretaries whom he doted on and had been with him since Day 1 abandoned him to join other companies the moment they realized he was in serious financial difficulties. But he needs to understand that they also got families and many mouths to feed.

Treeswing

19-7-2019 6:53 PM
klar said:
hi STUKA76_DADDY,

What is an estimate of his salary during his hey-days as your ex-boss?

$200k should not be a big sum for someone of his job title and age.
20-7-2019 3:00 AM
STUKA76_DADDY said:
Yup. You are spot on, Bro. He told me he paid himself a $180-$200K salary during his heydays when his company was doing really well. I remembered him telling me 2 years ago he was very sore that his secretaries whom he doted on and had been with him since Day 1 abandoned him to join other companies the moment they realized he was in serious financial difficulties. But he needs to understand that they also got families and many mouths to feed.

Treeswing

agreed.
if coy runs into financial difficulty, the only way to save oneself is to tender n look for job in advance.
so did u invite him to join u to do h j work? or b j work?
Sorry to hear about his predicament, especially when you mention him being a nice boss. I always want to see nice things happen to nice people and not see them getting into humiliating jobless situations from the heights.

I know few high SES people in my network. Is his case super rare among the high-SES people you know? Is there other cases? I expect high SES people who can reach that kind of job title to have some common sense and discipline on how to live their lives and not screw up with gambling and women. Since they're high SES, they should be superior in these aspects of life than lower SES people like me.

20-7-2019 3:00 AM
STUKA76_DADDY said:

Treeswing
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)