NSF Liu Kai's death: Bionix driver kept reversing despite commands to stop
[Image: 701693.jpeg]

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/nsf-liu-kais-d...36184.html
12-2-2019 12:38 AM
jahtl said:
[Image: 701693.jpeg]

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/nsf-liu-kais-d...36184.html
Reading the report one can see a flaw that is obvious.

1. The driver of bionix cannot see the rear unlike normal vehicles that have a rear view mirror.

2. It depends on a rear guide (human) to tell the driver what is happening as he reverse. The communications is through an intercom

3. The intercom may be down or driver cannot hear properly due to the environment noise due to gunshot or the driver is too tired and reacted too slowly. Or he heard but because he cannot see he does not understand how close was the rear vehicle was .

4. Within 8 secs the accident occurred.....

The fundamental flaw is this the driver cannot see rear himself and depends on another person to give him 2nd information over intercom. The intercom can go down....because he cannot see rear himself cannot understand situation completely at rear.

Its reversing a car with no rear view mirror and someone giving instruction through walkie talkie.
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
12-2-2019 3:53 AM
sgbuffett said:
Reading the report one can see a flaw that is obvious.

1. The driver of bionix cannot see the rear unlike normal vehicles that have a rear view mirror.

2. It depends on a rear guide (human) to tell the driver what is happening as he reverse. The communications is through an intercom

3. The intercom may be down or driver cannot hear properly due to the environment noise due to gunshot or the driver is too tired and reacted too slowly. Or he heard but because he cannot see he does not understand how close was the rear vehicle was .

4. Within 8 secs the accident occurred.....

The fundamental flaw is this the driver cannot see rear himself and depends on another person to give him 2nd information over intercom. The intercom can go down....because he cannot see rear himself cannot understand situation completely at rear.

Its reversing a car with no rear view mirror and someone giving instruction through walkie talkie.

U got do NS meh ??? Chow ah kua.. Pui
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
Why no rear view camera installed?
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice."
Why such a big vehicle behind also cannot see?
真的是天方夜谭。

Would you reverse a vehicle before checking clear?
Very strange...
笨拙的人讲道理,聪明的人说故事。
12-2-2019 6:52 AM
Sinostar said:
Why no rear view camera installed?

There must be improvements in the design of the Bionix vehicle, a rear camera will come in handy when reversing...... Thinking Thinking Thinking
12-2-2019 7:02 AM
QE3 said:
真的是天方夜谭。

Very strange...
SOP....when they hear firing of guns the action is to back the vehicle the onus is on rear guard and the vehicle behind to keep safty distance.
12-2-2019 7:44 AM
debono said:
There must be improvements in the design of the Bionix vehicle, a rear camera will come in handy when reversing...... Thinking Thinking Thinking
Simple fix is this.

Before backing the driver has to intercom with rear guard. Rear guard gives the clearance then he can start backing.
Rubbish finding!
A life is gone, okay mindef? You happy?
Angry Angry Angry
12-2-2019 7:02 AM
QE3 said:
真的是天方夜谭。

Very strange...

For this kind of big vehicles, it's usually the ground guides that guide the vehicle. One in front and one at the back of the vehicle. Driver should look at the guides hand signal
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)