No wonder, few youngsters are willing to join the hawker trade.
28-2-2018 9:59 PM
reddishday said:
[Image: DjqoHS4.png]

Some time back, this photo caught my attention. It was posted by a celebrity chef on Instagram, relating to a TV show about Hawkers.

Here’s a quiz for you.

There are so many plates piled up high. Doesn’t it seem that they’re on their way to wearing Rolexes and driving Mercedes?

Well, I beg to differ. Let me give a quick explanation…

From the picture, there seem to be around 200 plates.

Selling 200 plates at $3/plate will give $600 in revenue.

Cost of ingredients should be around $1.50 which gives us a tidy profit of $300.

But wait… That’s not all.

Assuming only 4 off days per month, and also assuming a combination of cheap rental and low utilities of $120 per day (I deliberately based my calculations real low for uncertainty. Just to let you know, there are many hawkers that easily surpass this hypothetical figure…)

TA-DAH! We are left with $180 of cold, hard cash.

It’s going to be crazy cooking and serving 200 hungry customers all alone, so two hawkers will probably end up with $90 each.

I’m not finished yet…

More at https://tinyurl.com/yc7yrw53

This article could be use to fool ppl belief thru doctrine.

The motivation of this article use to support GDP.

On disk washing service for hawker run by GLCs. .
Citizen Power Game for Citizens to work together to Build a New Social System.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/singapor...apore-f24/
dun say must cook how many plate la... any job WITHOUT air con youngsters already reject leow.
Many of them are also waiting for their maids to cook for them.
Crazy Jac Lau having menopause like a dementia woman* again?
[+] 1 user Likes Oops's post
There are hawkers that stay landed drive mercedes...although they look poor from dressing
There are bankers that take mrt stay hdb....although they look rich from dressing...
1-3-2018 9:08 AM
Oops said:
Many of them are also waiting for their maids to cook for them.

these are oso the pple who will complain about the govt if they cannot find a high paying and yet switch off job.
Depends on which angle its being viewed

Compared to other engineers financially wise.... I succeeded.

Compared to bankers and lawyers financially ... I failed miserably.

And since u r so concerned for engineers.... pls provide the job link for midlife retrenched engineers... or r u just comment negatively but action to help?

28-2-2018 11:49 PM
Simon said:
LOL! your bitterness after the fail career as an engineer knows no boundary and sense of rationality.

Only $-minded folks has such misguided attitude..
1-3-2018 8:54 AM
OLT said:
dun say must cook how many plate la... any job WITHOUT air con youngsters already reject leow.

walaneh! shock
Food courts ALL aircon one leh, bro! Worried
But mostly foreigners from Malaysia and China leh! Confused
1-3-2018 10:27 AM
walaneh said:
walaneh! shock
Food courts ALL aircon one leh, bro! Worried
But mostly foreigners from Malaysia and China leh! Confused

ok foodcourt is aircon, but kopitiam, hawker center is not loh..
Your reply precisely explains what I have pointed out about your outlook towards Life : It is still all about $$$
Whether or not I have "concern" for engineers or what other professions is not the matter here.

What matter is the value that you expounded on to that 1 or 2 young people that you claim to give "guidance" shows just how narrow and shallow your perception is...even in such senior years.

1-3-2018 9:31 AM
milo178 said:
Depends on which angle its being viewed
Compared to other engineers financially wise.... I succeeded.
Compared to bankers and lawyers financially ... I failed miserably.
And since u r so concerned for engineers.... pls provide the job link for midlife retrenched engineers... or r u just comment negatively but action to help?
"We've got friendly neighbors? Grow up!" - LKY
Your reply precisely shows that u have no concern for Engineers..

1-3-2018 11:07 PM
Simon said:
Your reply precisely explains what I have pointed out about your outlook towards Life : It is still all about $$$
Whether or not I have "concern" for engineers or what other professions is not the matter here.

What matter is the value that you expounded on to that 1 or 2 young people that you claim to give "guidance" shows just how narrow and shallow your perception is...even in such senior years.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)