OG: How is the job market now?
12-6-2019 2:49 PM
Schroder said:
When the economy is bad, even Grab drivers and Grab delivery workers will be hit. If a man has lost his job, why would he be taking Grab? Where does he want to go that he must take Grab? Unless he has saved up a big nest of eggs, I think he will start to save money and cook more at home than order delivery...
12-6-2019 2:55 PM
Schroder said:
When we were a young nation way back in the 70s, there was a need for child care centres. They all started opening because it was lucrative business...PAP was running it, YMCA was also running it.

Those who were "child" back in the 1970s are now adults themselves, many still single. Their parents who sent them to childcare centres have become old. For every one child, there are two old people.

There is a need for nursing homes now. Should convert these childcare centres to nursing homes or day care centres.
Crying Crying Crying
12-6-2019 10:46 AM
sogo said:
Heard job market quite jia lak. That is why so many ppl driving grab plus sending food.

But then people still chocking up loans to buy condos. Cannot be you drive grab then keep buying condos right?

Maybe grab Drivers earn like siao..one year buy one condo?
12-6-2019 9:14 PM
Honestboy said:
Maybe grab Drivers earn like siao..one year buy one condo?

That is with the incentive. Grab can give money forever meh?
i heard many angry
want to vote papayas out
[+] 1 user Likes talents's post
12-6-2019 10:37 PM
talents said:
i heard many angry
want to vote papayas out

good....... thumbs up Laughing
Recently had a lunch with my ex colleague.
Told me she everyday she work under stress.
Not working stress but stress of when she will be terminated from the company.
I told her go ask your HOD or COO for answer and HOD and COO cant even give assurance to her and her department...
Everyday stressful ….just like a chicken everyday eat eat and eat , don't know when will get slaughter.
13-6-2019 7:53 AM
hfourhappy said:
Recently had a lunch with my ex colleague.
Told me she everyday she work under stress.
Not working stress but stress of when she will be terminated from the company.
I told her go ask your HOD or COO for answer and HOD and COO cant even give assurance to her and her department...
Everyday stressful ….just like a chicken everyday eat eat and eat , don't know when will get slaughter.

Every job will have stress.

Worse is, Companies can easily abuse the employment law against local employees.
. . . . . {No Quota nor levy, no 7 tight criteria on Employment Pass means that all types of slight FTs can replace citizens anytime anywhere. }
13-6-2019 8:18 AM
Ola said:
Every job will have stress.

Worse is, Companies can easily abuse the employment law against local employees.

My ex colleague told me her company never give any assurance, no direction, no future, nothing...in front is just a misty path that lead to nowhere, her HOD cant even give assurance on their staff future.
Such situation can lead to a very demoralising and stressful environment.
I am not sure whether others will feel the same or not.
12-6-2019 9:13 PM
babygirl said:
Crying Crying Crying

不要哭。我sayang你啊!

It's the way our demography has changed and Singapore is now an aged society.

In the past, we had 2 parents and a brood of 5 or 6 children. That's seven or eight people in the household, and with so many children, the average age would skew towards what we'd call a young family. As a whole, that made us a young nation. Even the PM was young. LKY was only 35 when he became PM.

Then with 2 parents and 1 child, which is common with the Merdeka Generation, the average age went up. The math is very simple. Take a 35 year old man who is single, has no siblings, with a 65 year old father and a 61 year old mother. You "peek" into the flat, you don't see kids running about, screaming, playing...the average age of the people living in the flat is very high.

If the old man passes away, the son is unable to look after his mother. He needs to work to bring money back, and save money for his own retirement. He sends his mother to a nursing home and since Singapore does not have enough young people, we hire young people from other countries to look after our elderly. What to do?
13-6-2019 1:58 PM
Schroder said:
不要哭。我sayang你啊!

It's the way our demography has changed and Singapore is now an aged society.

In the past, we had 2 parents and a brood of 5 or 6 children. That's seven or eight people in the household, and with so many children, the average age would skew towards what we'd call a young family. As a whole, that made us a young nation. Even the PM was young. LKY was only 35 when he became PM.

Then with 2 parents and 1 child, which is common with the Merdeka Generation, the average age went up. The math is very simple. Take a 35 year old man who is single, has no siblings, with a 65 year old father and a 61 year old mother. You "peek" into the flat, you don't see kids running about, screaming, playing...the average age of the people living in the flat is very high.

If the old man passes away, the son is unable to look after his mother. He needs to work to bring money back, and save money for his own retirement. He sends his mother to a nursing home and since Singapore does not have enough young people, we hire young people from other countries to look after our elderly. What to do?
Crying Crying Crying
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)