OG: This worker party Jamus Lim very power.
[Image: jamus.jpg]

Last time pap always focus on qualification of candidates. Claim they always can offer best of the best.

Now this guy from WP can shut pap mouth. The wp sengkang teams also got another cambridge degree holder. Rolling on the flor laughing

Lau lee last time said. One day oppositions can come out with more quality candidates then pap will be out liao.
[+] 4 users Like sogo's post
His Christian name very strange
[Image: 246443-675x450-feng-shui-lanterns-charmns.jpg]
1-7-2020 5:36 PM
hfourhappy said:
His Christian name very strange

Jambu mah.
Hes been studying practically his whole life lol
1-7-2020 5:39 PM
Bulldogge said:
Hes been studying practically his whole life lol

he got work in world bank before.
WP has filled many high calibre and very qualified professionals to their party. This Elections is worth a good fight. They deserved to be voted-in to Parliament and represent our voices of the people.
[+] 3 users Like gemstar's post
1-7-2020 5:34 PM
sogo said:
[Image: jamus.jpg]

Last time pap always focus on qualification of candidates. Claim they always can offer best of the best.

Now this guy from WP can shut pap mouth. The wp sengkang teams also got another cambridge degree holder. Rolling on the flor laughing

Lau lee last time said. One day oppositions can come out with more quality candidates then pap will be out liao.

LKY's prediction came true, no wonder so many people respect LKY for that. With better educated candidates, getting into Parliament will be a breeze. In Parliament, it is hoped that they ask many reverent questions...... notworthy notworthy notworthy thumbs up thumbs up
GE2020: WP candidate Jamus Lim shares how father's funeral taught him to treat people equally

Workers' Party (WP)'s candidate Jamus Lim, 44, who was introduced as a candidate on June 26, shared that one of the greatest lessons in life he learnt was at his father's funeral.

Father taught him importance of treating people equally

Lim, a 44-year-old economics professor, got emotional as he spoke about his late father in a video filmed by WP.

In it, Lim shared about the lessons that he learnt from Lim père.

The video has since over 3,600 reactions and more than 1,700 shares on Facebook.
"He always taught me the importance of treating everyone the same," Lim said. "So, during his funeral, it wasn't just his friends and family that were there."

"But among the group was the janitor for the building. My dad did not make a distinction between the fact that he was the janitor or he was just one of his other friends."

Lim shared that it was one of the most important lessons that he learnt in life, along with other values that his father had passed down to him.

He also said that his father had told him to pursue his passion, which motivated him to study economics.

Importance of having a compassionate society

Lim also described Singapore's success as something that came about from the sacrifices of people in the past who "busted their backs" to build the country.

Lim recalled the times he saw elderly people in the food court clearing plates, and shared that it bothered him.

He said: "I see GDP per capita rising inexorably, but I don't see that translated into the very people that helped to bring about that GDP per capita, and that's what bothers me."

"For the elderly - those in their 60s - I don't think a rich nation should leave these people to be clearing dishes. If they want to be working because it's a way to pass the time, that's entirely their prerogative," Lim said.

"But if they feel they need to do this to make ends meet, then I feel we have failed as a compassionate society to take care of these people."

https://mothership.sg/2020/06/ge2020-jamus-lim-father/
[+] 3 users Like millionaire's post
good parents raise good children. that's something missing in other harward graduates.
[+] 3 users Like WhatDoYouThink's post

Click image to play facebook video

Very eloquent thumbs up

Lessons from My Father
Jamus Lim
26 June at 19:46 ·

We are all shaped by the visible and invisible forces that we experience in life. One important influence that has made me the man that I am today was my father. He embodied a unique attitude, humility, and wisdom in confronting life, and in seeking a life in public service, I hope that I carry with me those values day after day--as he did.

https://www.facebook.com/jamusjlim/video...606993293/
Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)