Oil refinery produces cancer causing chemical
Singapore is already Shell’s largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region.

The extended production capacity in Singapore includes:

800,000 tonnes per annum ethylene
750,000 tonnes per annum mono-ethylene glycol
155,000 tonnes per annum butadiene
450,000 tonnes per annum propylene
230,000 tonnes per annum benzene

1. Evidence in humans indicates that exposure to ethylene oxide by inhalation increases the risk of lymphohematopoietic cancers (including non-Hodgkin lymphoma, myeloma, and lymphocytic leukemia) and, for females, breast cancer. EtO is mutagenic (i.e., it can change the DNA in a cell).

2. Studies have shown that workers exposed to 1,3-butadiene may have an increased risk of cancers of the stomach, blood, and lymphatic system.

3. The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has determined that benzene causes cancer in humans.
Long-term exposure to high levels of benzene in the air can cause leukemia, cancer of the blood-forming organs.
[+] 1 user Likes scythain's post
Most chemicals produced in Jurong Island are toxic that is why they are located in far offshore islands not only Shell.
My friend works there. His pay is very high.
Even today, very few Singaporeans are aware of the danger.

No one is talking about it..
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Because those diseases only come out years later some even after they retired already....occupational risk lah...
My friend get to do blood test yearly. Above certain level means cannot work there.
Punggol residents near Pasir Gudang need to pay more attention
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post
No wonder our cancer rate highest among the world
All My Posts are Fake News and Comments are Untrue.
Anything to do with chemical will create fume toxic affecting one's health. Even the bbq fish sold at the hawker centre creates smoke which the seller has to breath in. Even dentists, hospitals, etc also smell chemicals while attending to patients. So it is always good to eat as much as possible food with bittergourd, garlic in its preparation. Heard this from first hand.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)