Old age and dementia
We are no longer an aging society. Since the year 2017, we have become an AGED society. Dementia is one of the terrible things which happens to a lot of people.

At 60, we become a member of the Silver Generation, that consists of both MGs and PGs. That's an euphemism for "Old Age". From 60 onwards, you are not called "old folks" but senior citizens. Below that, from 40 to 59, you are middle-aged. Middle aged, not old.

And from 60 onwards, the statistics below says that 1 in 10 Singaporeans will suffer from dementia, which has no vaccination or cure for.

If you live to 85, then it's 1 in 2 people having it.

[Image: 2TQIM0f.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Schroder's post
exbb use to be one. He was a limp kok shite skin dementia old pariah until he died in 2018
PRC ktv* hostess once told me "台湾人无情, 香港人无义,新加坡人无稚" dance dance
And I would like to add on another thing.
At 60 and above, usually the thinking will slow down alot, the movement too.
[+] 2 users Like hfourhappy's post
Scary info. I am starting to worry...... Thinking

[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post
8-9-2019 11:18 AM
Huliwang said:

Bro, not to worry too much.
Lead a healthy lifestyle.
I am sure you will be fine.
Take supplement capsule if able to afford.
[+] 1 user Likes hfourhappy's post
8-9-2019 11:19 AM
hfourhappy said:
Bro, not to worry too much.
Lead a healthy lifestyle.
I am sure you will be fine.
Take supplement capsule if able to afford.
Dun think dementia can be avoided by healthy lifestyle. The stats is 1 in 2 will get it. So it is 50/50 chance..... Thinking

[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post
8-9-2019 11:22 AM
Huliwang said:
Dun think dementia can be avoided by healthy lifestyle. The stats is 1 in 2 will get it. So it is 50/50 chance..... Thinking

Bro, I think it is due to our lifestyles and habits.
We eat junk foods and we never exercises.
We overthink and over stress too.
If you keep on forgetting things and especially you hit 60s or 70s, be careful...
Also if you hit 60s and above and still working but becoming heavy reliance on staff due to cant think, be careful...
Dementia lai liao.
8-9-2019 11:18 AM
Huliwang said:

Chettier started a thread about his suspicion that he is developing dementia. I told him that based on what he wrote, he did seem to be developing dementia. Blunt as it might have sounded, I said that he should let nature take its course. I wished I could share some advice, but even to this day, doctors do not know how to cure it.

Worrying about it only makes the final lap in our journey of life unhappy, or for some, more unhappy. If nothing can be done, then let nature takes its course. 顺其自然。At best, we can only retard it by staying active. Exercise is good, and having something to do, being responsible for something or someone, would keep our mind active and hopefully, retard the process. But once it comes, and we keep forgetting things, other than things which happened decades ago, the damage cannot be reversed.
[+] 1 user Likes Schroder's post
I think to be active and stay away from dementia, we have to keep ourselves active by doing things that involves thinking? Or do some volunteers work helping out...
Best is not to stay at home alone whole day, every day.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)