POSB service is no longer for the commoners
standard chartered bank also no book given
[Image: GJvwlTF.jpg]
14-1-2020 12:50 PM
luncheonmeat said:
People's bank is a joke. Lowest interest rate has oways been a given.
Now no more passbooks issued for new accounts. That means if you have small kids opening up new accounts for the first time to deposit ang pao lui, they won't have the joy of owning passbooks with stamped infor of their banking transaction history.

Limited new notes for the public to exchange for the lunar new year. Always run out before 10am. The pop up stations they have for exchanging new notes restricts the no of denomination you can change.
https://www.dbs.com/newsroom/POSB_new_no...0_CNY_2020

Garbagemen run institution just gets worser and worser in their efforts to cut costs and "modernise" [cashless and paperless]. shit

Have to accept the new change in life. Passbook is the thing of the pass....

Everything are now gone digital and paperless.

And don’t even expect good interest rate for long time to come. The world currency has been flooded by excessive paper printing. Many smart investors around the world are locking their saving here in Singapore. You can try Malaysia, they give better interest rate because they need capital inflow to their economy.
14-1-2020 1:15 PM
Oneworld said:
Next time also no need visitation lah. You send video of you bai nian, they send u e ang pao thumbs up

Very productive lah.

good idea leh. u one time send 12 videos with all 12 different zodiac animals background, 1 time bai for 12 years and collect 12 angbaos.

thumbs up
[+] 1 user Likes OLT's post
Less than 250k pls don't use banking facility. Put it in your Milo tin at home will do. Banks are for people with a bit more money lah...
14-1-2020 12:50 PM
luncheonmeat said:
People's bank is a joke. Lowest interest rate has oways been a given.
Now no more passbooks issued for new accounts. That means if you have small kids opening up new accounts for the first time to deposit ang pao lui, they won't have the joy of owning passbooks with stamped infor of their banking transaction history.

Limited new notes for the public to exchange for the lunar new year. Always run out before 10am. The pop up stations they have for exchanging new notes restricts the no of denomination you can change.
https://www.dbs.com/newsroom/POSB_new_no...0_CNY_2020

Garbagemen run institution just gets worser and worser in their efforts to cut costs and "modernise" [cashless and paperless]. shit

That stupid passbook is a waste of time...stupid people q-ing to get their passport at the ATM/deposit machine and it’s pure stupidity ..they can’t just check their balance online ..
Paper cash is king.

Not digital cash....cos once they update their app and your phone cannot update their app, you are F**ked.

Cool
14-1-2020 1:38 PM
Honestboy said:
That stupid passbook is a waste of time...stupid people q-ing to get their passport at the ATM/deposit machine and it’s pure stupidity ..they can’t just check their balance online ..

I stopped updating my passbook more than fifteen years ago. Had I done so, I would have been issued more and more passbooks when (very quickly) the pages would run out. Instead, I went online to check my bank debits and credits, and balances and make payments.

Passbooks are something most SgTalkers have fond memories about given that most of us here are quite old. However, we must not assume that our memories dating back 40 to 50 years are shared by someone who is only 10 years old. He is probably more Paylah or Paynow savvy than we (are)...and for him, e-angpow might be his memories 40 to 50 years down his road when something else might be invented that replaces e-banking.
[+] 1 user Likes Schroder's post
14-1-2020 1:38 PM
Honestboy said:

Wisdom does not come with age for some. sotw
Not everyone iz into ebanking yah. Time and time again got news abt our data being hacked into and pple's money tio illegally siphoned. You dunno your past transactions will be expunged from online records after a few years izit.
Black and white hard copies are the safest when it comes to keeping records. Dat way you dun have to pay admin fees when you wish to retrieve past statements. I got experience where garbagemen sent clawback notices claiming non-payment but luckily we got keep hardcopies proving we did.
The passbook is a very important bookkeeping document that online records are unable to substitute for. shit
can still write in your own book lah
[Image: GJvwlTF.jpg]
14-1-2020 1:59 PM
Lukongsimi said:
can still write in your own book lah

Bro, ownself write ownself bank transaction got authority recognise or not? Laughing Crying
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)