POSB service is no longer for the commoners
14-1-2020 1:02 PM
QE3 said:
For eAng Bao.
It has lost the meaning of Ang Bao culture.
For Culture, you canot suka suka change pattern.

I think the tradition of giving physical ang pow by the Chinese is a good culture. Children especially are so happy to recieve the ang pow with a new crisps notes, with smell that makes the children etched in their brains... Laughing Laughing
[+] 2 users Like debono's post
14-1-2020 7:37 PM
Honestboy said:
All your problems you mentioned are caused by your lack of knowledge in technology. Those manual bookkeeping you are doing also, please stop it. It’s stupidity. Please get an accounting software and upload all your supporting documents in it. The world is advancing and you still mentioning about problems happened in the 70s?

Dun mind referencing the accounting software you mentioned.
Unless this software can compile screencaptures of yearly banking transactions, otherwise it iz as good as ownself write ownself banking transaction, not legit as proof of payment at all. Geek
14-1-2020 1:55 PM
luncheonmeat said:
Wisdom does not come with age for some. sotw
Not everyone iz into ebanking yah. Time and time again got news abt our data being hacked into and pple's money tio illegally siphoned. You dunno your past transactions will be expunged from online records after a few years izit.
Black and white hard copies are the safest when it comes to keeping records. Dat way you dun have to pay admin fees when you wish to retrieve past statements. I got experience where garbagemen sent clawback notices claiming non-payment but luckily we got keep hardcopies proving we did.
The passbook is a very important bookkeeping document that online records are unable to substitute for. shit

You remind me of a generation before me (and I am myself an old man already) who refused to settle their (then called) PUB bills, Telecom bills, Town Council S&C fees, etc.............via GIRO. Die die, they would queue up at wherever they had to, to pay cash.

That's payment.

As for withdrawals, they would line up the the PEOPLE'S BANK aka POSB and fill up a Withdrawal Slip...sometimes or most times, it's the teller who had to fill it up for them as they were illiterate. They just would not trust the ATM.
14-1-2020 12:50 PM
luncheonmeat said:
People's bank is a joke. Lowest interest rate has oways been a given.
Now no more passbooks issued for new accounts. That means if you have small kids opening up new accounts for the first time to deposit ang pao lui, they won't have the joy of owning passbooks with stamped infor of their banking transaction history.

Limited new notes for the public to exchange for the lunar new year. Always run out before 10am. The pop up stations they have for exchanging new notes restricts the no of denomination you can change.
https://www.dbs.com/newsroom/POSB_new_no...0_CNY_2020

Garbagemen run institution just gets worser and worser in their efforts to cut costs and "modernise" [cashless and paperless]. shit

Flexway aka Schroder aka CockLIAR, aka Rat28, how ah? True or not?

24-12-2019 10:11 PM
flexway said:
bump....

9-1-2020 4:02 PM
The Godfather said:
.???

10-1-2020 9:01 AM
Schroder said:

12-1-2020 8:21 AM
rat28 said:
14-1-2020 10:22 PM
Schroder said:
You remind me of a generation before me (and I am myself an old man already) who refused to settle their (then called) PUB bills, Telecom bills, Town Council S&C fees, etc.............via GIRO. Die die, they would queue up at wherever they had to, to pay cash.

That's payment.

As for withdrawals, they would line up the the PEOPLE'S BANK aka POSB and fill up a Withdrawal Slip...sometimes or most times, it's the teller who had to fill it up for them as they were illiterate. They just would not trust the ATM.

Ahdoi, you neber tio burn b4 so you dunno. I was overcharged by Starhub in excess of 1k some years back. Called up to complain and was advised to cancel Giro payment. Did so, and guess what, 1st month no prob, 2nd month they managed to deduct dat amt from my account even though I had cancelled Giro. Had to wait for 3 more months of billing cycle to lapse b4 they sent a refund cheque back to me. I now pay via 3rd party agencies eg Singpost AXS etc. Geek
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post
14-1-2020 11:52 PM
luncheonmeat said:
Ahdoi, you neber tio burn b4 so you dunno. I was overcharged by Starhub in excess of 1k some years back. Called up to complain and was advised to cancel Giro payment. Did so, and guess what, 1st month no prob, 2nd month they managed to deduct dat amt from my account even though I had cancelled Giro. Had to wait for 3 more months of billing cycle to lapse b4 they sent a refund cheque back to me. I now pay via 3rd party agencies eg Singpost AXS etc. Geek

Singpost SAM machine deducted the money, issued receipt and didn't print any stamp.
14-1-2020 9:19 PM
luncheonmeat said:
Dun mind referencing the accounting software you mentioned.
Unless this software can compile screencaptures of yearly banking transactions, otherwise it iz as good as ownself write ownself banking transaction, not legit as proof of payment at all. Geek

Can lah..interface Concur with your HSBCNet and SAP..all are legit as approved by IRAS and other Government agencies..good luck!
Alamak. Another day tried on SAM. Deduct money. No stamp printed.
Issue receipt and this time issue Refund slip and need to proceed to Post Office to collect refund.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)