Pussyfooting on HSR hurts Malaysian taxpayers, Singapore daily tells Putrajaya
In Singapore’s Parliament yesterday its transport minister Khaw Boon Wan said the republic has spent more than S$250 million (RM743.4 million) on the HSR project as of May this year.

KUALA LUMPUR, July 10 — Putrajaya’s hesitation over the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project ultimately hurts Malaysian taxpayers, the Straits Times said today.

In an article written by its deputy political editor Elgin Toh, the Singaporean daily said Malaysia risks accumulating a larger cost eventually by delaying a decision on the project.

“There is one more reason the Malaysian government should desist from its current behaviour: The chickens will come home to roost, because the Malaysian government is, in the long run, hurting Malaysian taxpayers most,” he said.

It said Malaysia would bear the case if it finally goes before a court or an arbitration tribunal, but the price will be much smaller if the project is terminated now.

“Of course, the Malaysian government may not have any intention to pay. But if push comes to shove, the Singapore government can take action against assets in Singapore belonging to the Malaysian government.

“That is drastic action, but Singaporeans should support such action should the day come,” Toh said.
11-7-2018 3:14 PM
stoki said:
In Singapore’s Parliament yesterday its transport minister Khaw Boon Wan said the republic has spent more than S$250 million (RM743.4 million) on the HSR project as of May this year.

KUALA LUMPUR, July 10 — Putrajaya’s hesitation over the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High-Speed Rail (HSR) project ultimately hurts Malaysian taxpayers, the Straits Times said today.

In an article written by its deputy political editor Elgin Toh, the Singaporean daily said Malaysia risks accumulating a larger cost eventually by delaying a decision on the project.

“There is one more reason the Malaysian government should desist from its current behaviour: The chickens will come home to roost, because the Malaysian government is, in the long run, hurting Malaysian taxpayers most,” he said.

It said Malaysia would bear the case if it finally goes before a court or an arbitration tribunal, but the price will be much smaller if the project is terminated now.

“Of course, the Malaysian government may not have any intention to pay. But if push comes to shove, the Singapore government can take action against assets in Singapore belonging to the Malaysian government.

“That is drastic action, but Singaporeans should support such action should the day come,” Toh said.

walaneh! Big Grin
Bro, I surely support our Government against their Government one lah! thumbs upWinking
[+] 1 user Likes walaneh's post
In the end both govt will meet jiak mao shang wang and then sua sua ki .. like nothing ever happened. Before that all the words come out from the mouth all like jin powerful like that lor.
Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing
Chong kong Malaysian assets here.
11-7-2018 3:30 PM
Goodyear said:
In the end both govt will meet jiak mao shang wang and then sua sua ki .. like nothing ever happened. Before that all the words come out from the mouth all like jin powerful like that lor.

walaneh! Big Grin
Bro, I may NOT like our Government but if they keep on kajiau-ing us then I must support our Government against their Government lor! thumbs upWinking
11-7-2018 3:14 PM
stoki said:

wah mai anyhow say.. den dr m will chong kong singapore investments in malaysia.
11-7-2018 3:28 PM
walaneh said:
walaneh! Big Grin
Bro, I surely support our Government against their Government one lah! thumbs upWinking
peace no qaurrel time support oppies.want front & back ?.
Support support! thumbs up
can I ask a simple question?

1.what is Malaysian got obligation under HSR agreement?

2. if they opt for a cheap version what is in the agreement to stop it?
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)