Ravi Menon: We have to depend on foreigners to fill vacancies for technology jobs
5-5-2021 10:06 PM
Tangsen said:
Why? Because they deprive a generation or 2 of tech education by controlling the intake BUT yet import in foreign traxhes with half fugg degrees, degree mills, fake certificates .... how you add this one up

I am sure they can find good students to enroll for the IT courses, no matter how tough is the course, I am confident that there are students among our citizens to undertake these courses.... notworthy thumbs up Big hug
5-5-2021 6:53 PM
debono said:
You can say that again.... notworthy thumbs up
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/garage/...ias-upgrad

Temasek invests US$120m in India's UpGrad

The US$120 million from Singapore-based investor Temasek Holdings, it co-founder UpGrad - which had been funded entirely by Mr Screwvala and its founding team since it was established in 2015 - is getting an external investor.

TEMASEK Holdings has invested US$120 million in edtech major UpGrad Education in its first-ever round of external funding.

The Mumbai-based startup said it intended to use the capital proceeds to further employ n strengthen its team, scale up n bolster its capabilities, as well as pursue merger and acquisition opportunities.

UpGrad offers over a hundred courses to registered learners based in more than 50 countries. it intends to expand its graduate and postgraduate degree portfolio in India
You know in Viet there are pte institutes that teach ONLY software programming.

IT is so important, why not start a gov backed institute that teaches ONLY IT-related skills.

No need to have passed in subjects that do not matter like economics, general paper, history ..... stop putting unnecessary requirements/barriers in front children if they interest in certain studies.

5-5-2021 10:14 PM
debono said:
I am sure they can find good students to enroll for the IT courses, no matter how tough is the course, I am confident that there are students among our citizens to undertake these courses.... notworthy thumbs up Big hug
PRC ktv* hostess once told me "台湾人无情, 香港人无义,新加坡人无稚" dance dance
5-5-2021 5:40 PM
Yanghua said:
IT is a very tough course. It is very hard to get in. We should not allow those with bad GCE A level results to get in just to have more local graduates. The university will have to lower its marking standard to let them pass. When they go out to work, they will screw up. MNCs will leave if these are the quality of IT "experts" Singapore is giving them.

who told u is tough
u aint know anything yet

i am non tech person in 60s
yet i can pick up easily
5-5-2021 11:52 PM
talents said:
who told u is tough
u aint know anything yet

i am non tech person in 60s
yet i can pick up easily

You are intelligent.

If you ask the one who scored a distinction for math, he will say math is easy peasy. If you ask the one who flunked it despite his mother hiring a school teacher to give him private tuition, he will say math is berry tough.
We often read in news articles, "Singapore has a population of 5.8 million people"

Do you know that "Singaporeans" account for only 3.6 million and all the rest are actually foreigners???

And even the 3.6 million Singaporeans, do you know that a lot of them are new citizens???

Please wake up! We don't have 5.8 million Singaporeans!

There are 450,000 Merdeka. These are the baby boomers. With a TFR of 1.2, what this means is that for every two adults, only 1.2 babies were born. In other words, the MGs who are now in their 60s, produced only one child per two adults, which is hardly enough to replace them.

250K babies, or a little more.

Then, this trend was continued by Gen X. TFR was also 1.2.

Why are people like debono and Tangsen so simple minded, to think we have lots of sinkies who can be trained to be IT graduates???

Another 18 schools are going to be merged yet again. Pleas wake up.

People like SgBuffet...there are many more out there. The foreveralones and dinobus. All not married. Where are the babies? Kiss
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)