S’poreans irate after learning MOE spent S$130 million on foreign student scholarship
Actually the money spent is to keep the Uni ranking high up there. If hardly any foreign students, the ranking will dive downwards.
I knew it long ago their dirty things done behind the curtains for not supporting locals. So, they wil not hv my support too. Vote them out!
They should tell us the "returns" fom the scholars
AND their statuses after serving bonds, etc as well.

And how many bond breakers too.
12-7-2019 10:37 AM
cnna said:
Actually the money spent is to keep the Uni ranking high up there. If hardly any foreign students, the ranking will dive downwards.

There are nuts inside yr head!
This is one failed policy IMO.
1) they thought by having this scholarship, it can attract more foreign students and our kids can network through them at the same time thinking that they may convert to citizen and bring our people to network outside of the country. If Singapore fail, they do have another home to fall back, whereas if you are local born, what can our future gen do.
2) by equipping them to be smarter at the expanse of the tax payer money, instead of nurturing her own people
3) the authority did not actually study the culture of their up bringing. do you think they will be loyal to Singapore? Won't it be better if they nurture our people and set up a team to bring our people to hunt?
Give another few decades, rooted locals will become minorities. dunsee
12-7-2019 10:09 AM
FaTa said:
Should also probe further....in comparion...How much scholarship given to local citizen students and also those whose fathers are NSmen fathers?

MOE certainly taught local citizens hard lessons.

I guess it's timely to teach them hard lessons in return they will never forget.

Thinking

Young people should explore outside Singapore.
It’s just one big farking world for one human kind.
130 million is cheap la ... estimated to be only the annual pay of Ho Ching
I tot last time got said 5 yrs given $2b to foreigners while sinkees get $100m?

If u go Youtube, u can hear minister said its to help poor asian countries. China must be very poor. Rolling on the flor laughing
12-7-2019 10:30 AM
Goondoon said:
Our gov told us that we need foreigners. They will be the ones that create jobs for sinkees .
. The foreigners are the ones that are taking away the jobs of local PMETs.
You believe? No wonder you have that goondoon nickname
Tomorrow will be better than Today
12-7-2019 12:21 PM
Surfer said:
. The foreigners are the ones that are taking away the jobs of local PMETs.
You believe? No wonder you have that goondoon nickname

Tell that to the government la.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)