Sharp falls in electricity market make Singaporeans question if govt was profiteering
Overnight by switching to new service providers in the new service providers Singaporeans see their electric bills fall by 20% to 40%.

These new providers had earlier purchased the same electric plants used by govt from temasek and electricity generation is a well established process with limited room for even small productivity improvements.

So the question is..... previously when govt sold us electricity their margin must have been very large and so was the profits. Yet everytime they increased electricity prices and burdened citizens they said they had no choice because oil prices had moved up. Now in private operators hands we see prices falling rapidly.
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post
Don't play play....Next is water. Rolling on the flor laughing

Hopefully Msia enter SG mkt to supply at 90% discount.
[+] 2 users Like Notdumb's post
You forget 70% are dafts. Sibeh ho pian.
Only 30% are the wake up one.
官以民为本,民以食为天
[+] 3 users Like QE3's post
If nobody is question it, that is something most worrying. , it prove lky was right to said about singaporean. Heng ah singaporean hs confirm people are not stupid.
This type of stupid article from TS will only spur the pte coys to play catch up in the coming months.
立春养生有妙方,贴心与你来分享,多吃黑豆防过敏,红茶提神养胃棒,海带排骨煲靓汤,美容养颜效独到,祛湿常食玉米粥,油菜韭菜护肝忙。温馨关怀已送上,愿你快乐又安康!
The govt is doing the right thing by promoting competition
[+] 1 user Likes tester's post
Electricity bill drop but water and gas up !...food and drink (kopi) up...hawker food etc...
11-1-2019 7:37 AM
kgliangp said:
If nobody is question it, that is something most worrying. , it prove lky was right to said about singaporean. Heng ah singaporean hs confirm people are not stupid.

A lot of DFs will tell u Pap so good give so much discount. Rolling on the flor laughing

Already saw it on FB.
Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing Rolling on the flor laughing
Isn't Hyflux going under because of their Tuaspring power plant making massive losses in the face of industry wide oversupply situation?

Seems like other gen cos in Singapore are desperate to sell their excess electricity in any amount to anyone at any price. I heard one electricity reseller already closed shop after just a few months of operations? I hope our government is increasing their oversight on power plants in SIngapore to make sure they are properly run with all the prescribed safe guards and no corners cut.

And also those (opportunistic?) resellers, make sure they can't just take deposits from retail consumers and run away with the money when the company meets cash flow problems because of steep discounts and stiff competition.
[+] 2 users Like Observers's post
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)