Singapore did not support the Khmer Rouge BUT provided aid to resistance agn Vietnam
#1
MFA says Singapore did not support the Khmer Rogue but LKY’s book reveals that it provided US$55 million in aid to the Cambodian resistance movement against Vietnam
Kathleen.F 2019-06-10 Current Affairs

PM Lee Hsein Loong generated some bad press recently when he posted an excerpt of his controversial condolence letter on the passing of former Thailand Prime Minister and Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda in which he touched Vietnam’s intervention in Cambodia in the late 70s, describing as an ‘invasion’.

The PM’s post garnered heated attention on social media having been shared over 7k times and eliciting over 24k comments, mainly from irate netizens who slammed the Premier’s remarks as disrespectful and untrue. The masses demanded that the PM apologise for his insensitive remarks and clarify his statement.

In response to media queries, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement to say that the PM was making reference to the history of Singapore’s relations with Cambodia and Vietnam, specifically to “explain how statesmanship and foresight helped to end the tragic wars that caused great suffering to the people of Indochina, and to bring about the peace and cooperation that the region enjoys today”

The MFA spokesperson said, “Singapore highly values its relations with Cambodia and Vietnam. Notwithstanding our differences in the past, we have always treated each other with respect and friendship”
Quote
#2
The more explanation, its getting more confusing for man on the street..

Did not support the Khmer Rouge?

then, spending US$ 55 million Singaporean taxpayers money (equivalent todays value US$ 242 mio) in aid to the Cambodian resistance movement against Vietnam for what?

And PM Lee bringing them all out today at the Shangri-la Dialogue attention of the whole world for what?

After rocking the boat and get both Cambodians and Vietnamese drenched.

Adding again, Singapore highly values its relations with Cambodia and Vietnam to serve what purpose?
[+] 1 user Likes sukhoi35's post
Quote
#3
11-6-2019 9:12 AM
sukhoi35 said:
MFA says Singapore did not support the Khmer Rogue but LKY’s book reveals that it provided US$55 million in aid to the Cambodian resistance movement against Vietnam
Kathleen.F 2019-06-10 Current Affairs

PM Lee Hsein Loong generated some bad press recently when he posted an excerpt of his controversial condolence letter on the passing of former Thailand Prime Minister and Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda in which he touched Vietnam’s intervention in Cambodia in the late 70s, describing as an ‘invasion’.

The PM’s post garnered heated attention on social media having been shared over 7k times and eliciting over 24k comments, mainly from irate netizens who slammed the Premier’s remarks as disrespectful and untrue. The masses demanded that the PM apologise for his insensitive remarks and clarify his statement.

In response to media queries, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement to say that the PM was making reference to the history of Singapore’s relations with Cambodia and Vietnam, specifically to “explain how statesmanship and foresight helped to end the tragic wars that caused great suffering to the people of Indochina, and to bring about the peace and cooperation that the region enjoys today”

The MFA spokesperson said, “Singapore highly values its relations with Cambodia and Vietnam. Notwithstanding our differences in the past, we have always treated each other with respect and friendship”

lky aLREADY DEAD, THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN VERIFY THE FACT ON MFA CLAIMDRIVE BY THIER PARTY MEMBER.
Islamic State expands reach in Afghanistan, threatening SG NATION FOR SURVIVAL.mFA MINISTER LIKE TRUMP ON CLAIMAND LIVE IN MENTAL DIISORDER.

WHY THE DON'T TELL THENATION UPON THE TIME ON DONATION. WHY THEY HAVE TO TELL THE NATION AFTER HE DEAD?Laughing
https://sg.yahoo.com/news/islamic-state-...31098.html
Citizen Power Game for Citizens to work together to Build a New Social System.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/singapor...apore-f24/
Quote
#4
support Khmer Rogue or not so what.
the past is past. today is today.
usa killed so many vn people but now they are allies.
be pragmatic. dont act like a crying baby.
if the [email protected] victim dont compla8n but enjoy being [email protected] then let it be.
Quote
#5
That's true, we supported the freedom fighters and not the genocidal regime of Pol Pot. ..... Laughing

Quote
#6
Since the beans have been spilt, no way we can go back.
You see, the Vietnam is abt Drug.
Khmer Rogue Genocide was an experiment carried out by Pol pot for World extermination.
All might lead to CITY.
Quote
#7
11-6-2019 9:30 AM
bigbluedot said:
support Khmer Rogue or not so what.
the past is past. today is today.
usa killed so many vn people but now they are allies.
be pragmatic. dont act like a crying baby.
if the [email protected] victim dont compla8n but enjoy being [email protected] then let it be.
Yes....BUT?

Maybe PM Lee thinks otherwise.
Quote
#8
11-6-2019 9:36 AM
singlion said:
Since the beans have been spilt, no way we can go back.
You see, the Vietnam is abt Drug.
Khmer Rogue Genocide was an experiment carried out by Pol pot for World extermination.
All might lead to CITY.
We are just being diplomatic and dun want to bring up the fact which is drug. This will embarrass them tremendously and might deteriorate the situation further...... Laughing

Quote
#9
11-6-2019 9:36 AM
singlion said:
Since the beans have been spilt, no way we can go back.
You see, the Vietnam is abt Drug.
Khmer Rogue Genocide was an experiment carried out by Pol pot for World extermination.
All might lead to CITY.

After 40 years and now, rocking the boat to get both Cambodians and Vietnamese drenched.

Any reason or hidden agenda for doing it now..

Maybe theres something hiding under the carpet that no one knows about..
Quote
#10
11-6-2019 9:41 AM
sukhoi35 said:
After 40 years and now, rocking the boat to get both Cambodians and Vietnamese drenched.

Any reason or hidden agenda for doing it now..

Maybe theres something hiding under the carpet that no one knows about..

We live in an interesting time. We must ask our own why he did it.
Indochina getting too peaceful?
Quote
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)


Forum Jump: