Singapore has one of the most liberal laws on abortion
It was nearly 40 years ago that Singapore liberalised its abortion laws. These recently made the news again when several Members of Parliament, during the Committee of Supply debate last month, called for adoption instead of abortion to be considered by those who were pregnant but did not want to keep their children.

https://www.todayonline.com/commentary/t...rtion-laws

[Image: UEjrPIM.jpg]
Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving
Unplanned.

Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving
Give you 1 pt for raising social awareness to dis overlooked social issue. Dis article was written by an assoc prof of law no less. clap

[Image: 1fB0Bav.jpg]
Singapore is doing the right thing! thumbs up
I used to think abortion is a bad thing until I read "Freakonomics". It is found that strong evidence exists between allowing abortion and sharp fall in crime rates.

1. Allowing abortion means that single mothers and families that cannot afford to raise a child has option of abortion.

2. When an unwanted child grows up there is little resource for his development and the tendency towards crime is high.

3. Strong evidence show where abortion is allowed the crime rate and social problems decline 2 decades later.

While there is moral debate whether abortion should be allowed, the social and economic effects is positive.

This is especially so in singapore where there is little welfare for the poor to raise children. They will be struggling and do poorly.
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
I think abortion is always about Moral. Trying to tie economics to it deepen the immoral issue.

Frankly I don't know is this right to do abortion. Life is indeed taken away though. Just because it is not born doesn't mean we can.

Any parents would tell you when they go scan, even a few week fetus, the heart is beating. the fetus is moving. dunsee

Cory
Beware of PRC 50 cents in the Forum that undermine Singapore Sovereignty

19-5-2019 3:07 PM
sgbuffett said:
I used to think abortion is a bad thing until I read "Freakonomics". It is found that strong evidence exists between allowing abortion and sharp fall in crime rates.

1. Allowing abortion means that single mothers and families that cannot afford to raise a child has option of abortion.

2. When an unwanted child grows up there is little resource for his development and the tendency towards crime is high.

3. Strong evidence show where abortion is allowed the crime rate and social problems decline 2 decades later.

While there is moral debate whether abortion should be allowed, the social and economic effects is positive.

This is especially so in singapore where there is little welfare for the poor to raise children. They will be struggling and do poorly.

Are you unaware that there is a better alternative ?
Also begins with A and also 3 syllables
Adoption instead of abortion.
In the old days, the poor who couldn't afford to raise a child would arrange for the child to be adopted.
[Image: jeNUPX6.jpg]
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)