Singapore practically ALREADY in recession.
14-8-2019 7:47 PM
hfourhappy said:
next week back to work, going to take oatmeal for lunch.

U can tahan? I ate lots of porridge with other dishes, biscuits and ice cream three hours ago and I have completely digested them now.
eat 2 meals per day...

Surprised
14-8-2019 5:18 PM
domperrier said:
[Image: 770092.jpeg]

Second quarter growth confirmed at minus 3.3 per cent on a quarterly basis, with ‘recession in the third quarter of the year’ a possibility.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/global-econ...-war-slams

but why coe still gg higher??? what is the catch?
14-8-2019 7:13 PM
sgbuffett said:
How to revive the economy is discussed many times.

1. Restructure Govt link business break them up to small more nimble units.

2. Improve demographics...by implementing policies to increase birth rate instead of failing and failing at this. How to do it is described here

https://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-Wow-Putin...-for-years

3. Foster a culture of innovation through vibrant exchange of ideas. Stop repressive control of media to spread pap propaganda. Students should be taught critical thinking not to be raised to be obedient worker.. We have to remove exam focus and focus on learning....

4. Stop low wage structure. And start phasing out businesses tgat depend on cheap labor. They are a dead weight and govt keep feeding them with cheap foreign labor to keep going. Loolk at how it is done in high income countries. Learn from them

5. Rethink CPF which has highest contribution rrate in the world yet fail to achieve retirement adequacy. This lopsided burdening of citizens vs govt responsibility has weighed heavily on the citizens.

6. Dismantle the elitist structure of govt in which imperial exams generous scholarships break an elitist culture. If they are really smart they should be out creating businesses and jobs not in govt structures which are least economically productive...and too highly paid.

Do you know how long will it take to get it done on what you have brought out and can the people wait for it to see changes?
Do you know how long it takes to see results after the implementations to consider it as successful?
Have you assess the impacts that you have brought out?
14-8-2019 7:54 PM
dynamite said:
U can tahan? I ate lots of porridge with other dishes, biscuits and ice cream three hours ago and I have completely digested them now.

bro can lah.
once get use to it, shouldn't be a problem.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)