Singaporeans too creative with giving English names.
Some parent would take a normal English name and misspell it to create a new name instead of Alvin become Elvin or Alveen.

Others would create totally new names like Ginaween ..Ailina or Cannie or something.

Traditionally the english first name is called a "Christian name" often common name like John, Andrew, Peter etc are used.

Over the years the names become more unusual and weirder.

Recently in the news

Farlynda Tan, 38, was sentenced to five months' jail and fined $920 on Friday.

Rico Wong Wei Wei, 30, was on Thursday (Oct 22) given three years, six months and 10 week

Vaz Clive Hilary Cheng Kiat outraged the modesty of a 31-year-old woman
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
This is nothing compared to the hongkies' penchants for weird names.
Now, its difficult to find a Johnny, Tom, Edward,....
Their parents want to give them a head start for internet unique searchable names....... Geek
Hong Kong Loves Weird English Names

Devil. Whale. Chlorophyll, Violante, Treacle -- you name it, Hong Kong probably has someone who goes by it. The former British colony is obsessed with weird English names.

Unusual appellations have been found on people of all kinds. The secretary for justice is Rimsky Yuen and the previous secretary for food and health was York Chow. Among celebrities, there is a Fanny Sit, Moses Chan, and Dodo Cheng. Models? We have a Vibeke, Bambi, Dada, and Vonnie. But lawyers take the prize. There is a Magnum, John Baptist, Ludwig, Ignatius, Bunny and four -- yes, four -- Benedicts.

Odd names make for odder situations. Last July, police arrested a woman named Ice Wong with 460 grams of ice -- the drug, not frozen water. Months earlier, the law caught up with Devil Law when he was brought before a judge for drug possession and crashing his car into a bus. In 2010, a woman called Cash Leung was jailed for paying cabbies with fake cash.

There are so many examples that one blogger keeps a list titled "HKSAR Name of the Day." HKSAR Blog, which is in its third year running, has almost 2,000 entries in the list.
Cheena Falungong Hanjian 小人 (rat28, century, TalkingStock, PervertoSan, MrMarket, Obamao, Pascoe, Teaserteam, SAMSENGKIA, AhMoan, sdecww)

[Image: gif-rats.gif]
We dont wan to be like ceca so many kumar,bala.....
Naresh, Santosh, Rajesh, Ramesh, Suresh, Ashek and more Laughing

23-2-2021 9:01 PM
Kanasaidiho said:
We dont wan to be like ceca so many kumar,bala.....
Cheena Falungong Hanjian 小人 (rat28, century, TalkingStock, PervertoSan, MrMarket, Obamao, Pascoe, Teaserteam, SAMSENGKIA, AhMoan, sdecww)

[Image: gif-rats.gif]
knnccb have in HK?
Now a days, sinkies like their kids to be "den'. Ayden, jayden, rayden, shoden , royden and Rodent.
23-2-2021 9:13 PM
Patriot Missile said:
Now a days, sinkies like their kids to be "den'. Ayden, jayden, rayden, shoden , royden and Rodent.

Very soon will have Biden Tan.
But sure have twist and become Byden Tan
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)